• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Massive Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, there's also a guy in the novel whose semblance vastly increases the temperature of his surroundings which can prolly be calced

WeeklyBattles said:
Oh, there's also a guy in the novel whose semblance vastly increases the temperature of his surroundings which can prolly be calced
Show us the scans, please. While i calculate Oscar destroying the base of the vault.

I still find it quite odd that you can get attack potency based on purely freezing and no other context.

Like, I don't remember standing in the McDonalds freezer and feeling a punch to the gut.

... regardless, 8-A with Dust is fine ig but I doubt it would apply to conventional AP.

How can Oscar fall above where Ruby and weiss were and where and where winter is

I don't know that's kinda strange.... Kinda hope in vol 8 we see the hole Oscar made... Like maybe some Grimm go through where Oscar made the hole?

Spinoirr said:
How can Oscar fall above where Ruby and weiss were and where and where winter is
I don't know that's kinda strange.... Kinda hope in vol 8 we see the hole Oscar made... Like maybe some Grimm go through where Oscar made the hole?
Wow...With all due respect, sir, but weren't you 1 of the people whopn hoped RWBY would be out of the High 8-C era?

Spinoirr said:

Via the fact that it's Oscar with Ozpins power no one scales to this.

The only argument you could make is possibly Hazel scaling since Ozpin fought Hazel in this state.

Schnee One said:
Spinoirr said:

Via the fact that it's Oscar with Ozpins power no one scales to this.
The only argument you could make is possibly Hazel scaling since Ozpin fought Hazel in this state.
Hmm...Okay...

I know it only scales to Oscar

But ik talking about the fact where he calced the rock he broke was above the madein bulding so he would have fell right above it

But he clearly never was near the dount where people live in most likely where there is just rock and nothing below it like a small place where people live

You guys do realize that Oscar's body only gets stronger by training, not Ozpin taking over.This is clarified in V5. The scaling doesn't support it either, also Ozpin's magic reserves are consistently depleting with his own admission. What should be discussed if: A. The Long Memory was amping Oscar in some way. Or B. If Oscar was using his shield which is either his semblance or the remnants of Ozpin's magic.

We already know that, Oscar doesn't have a higher rating when Ozpin is controlling him.

Also that calc has a lot of problems, the biggest one is that we never see the hole Oscar made so it's pointless to try and calc it. We also have no idea if Oscar came out from the area measured, it's just an assumption being made based on it's appearance.

Even then we have no idea how much Oscar destroyed, the hole he made just needs to be big enough for him to fit through so he can fall through Atlas.

TheRustyOne said:
We already know that, Oscar doesn't have a higher rating when Ozpin is controlling him.
Also that calc has a lot of problems, the biggest one is that we never see the hole Oscar made so it's pointless to try and calc it. We also have no idea if Oscar came out from the area measured, it's just an assumption being made based on it's appearance.

Even then we have no idea how much Oscar destroyed, the hole he made just needs to be big enough for him to fit through so he can fall through Atlas.
Yeah. I doubt VSB would approve it. But, I am looking at it from that standpoint anyway. Just in terms of scaling and how it measures up to inverse.

Have you reached some form of conclusion here yet? If not, you can ask the staff members listed in the RWBY verse page to comment here.

It seems everyone here has agreed to Weiss and Winter becoming 8-A via Ice Dust from the calculation in the OP. So I believe that it should be alright to add to their profiles, since it's not a very big change.

The second calc in the OP was rejected due to the premise being wrong, and my calc that was mention up above has already been added to the profiles.

This should only apply to her Volume 6 and above key to my knowledge, unless I'm forgetting something.

Well we need the clac, and it needs to be accepted by a calc group member. Did Kep say anything about it during the original downgrade? It's a different discussion than what's going on here, at the least I don't have a problem with her having 8-A Ice in Volume 1-3.

It doesn't seem like it'll cause problems.

Back then it was a mistake to scale it to the general Attack Potency, but as long as it is via Ice Dust, i do not see any issues in even adding it for her Ice in Volume 1-3.

Oh my bad. Yeah it shouldn't be a problem now if it's not scaling to her regular attack potency. I'm fine with it at the least, though if anyone else has a problem or agrees with that they should say so.

Though it could be recalc and evaluated again..

TheRustyOne said:
It seems everyone here has agreed to Weiss and Winter becoming 8-A via Ice Dust from the calculation in the OP. So I believe that it should be alright to add to their profiles, since it's not a very big change.

The second calc in the OP was rejected due to the premise being wrong, and my calc that was mention up above has already been added to the profiles.
Okay. That is probably fine to apply then.

I've done so, and that was the main purpose of this thread. There is talk of an older calc but it needs to be redone and evaluated which can take place on the other revision thread.

So I believe this one can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back