• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Discussion Thread 3

@Risci

I don't agree much on the fights but while Ozpin vs Cinder was 30 seconds or so, it was still the most hyped 30 seconds of the show lol.

The God brothers for me are like other lore so not really a mcguffin. I like that humans were made of both light and dark so I found it quite interesting

Pyrrha said that humans hold both light and darkness inside of them when she was talking about Aura. Foreshadowing?

Probably not but I found that interesting.

TheRustyOne said:
Pyrrha said that humans hold both light and darkness inside of them when she was talking about Aura. Foreshadowing?
It's about as close to foreshadowing as Jaune's cut was to his "aura amplification" semblence

Desmond253 said:
TheRustyOne said:
It's about as close to foreshadowing as Jaune's cut was to his "aura amplification" semblence
Is this joke? Or?

Hizack123 said:
Desmond253 said:
TheRustyOne said:
Is this joke? Or?
I talking about his semblance being called Aura amplification when he's just healing people. He's basically a paladin

Well considering that he'll be able to amp others while they aren't injured means that he can do way more than just heal.

I personally am hoping (and think will happen) that he can also amp his own aura to make himself more powerful or durable as well

Gargoyle One said:
CALC THE DAMN DRAGON FEAT

Ahem sorry
RWBY Remnant World Map Source Material 00
Here is a map of the world with the maps of where Beacon and Mountain Glenn are. The Dragon created an Earthquake from Mountain Glenn that was felt in Beacon. What range does that look to you?

Gargoyle One said:
Unsure TBH, I'm not a calcer

That said Im not sure if this should scale to the pro huntsman. as even Glynda was afraid of it
Well my boy i'll tell you.

The distance between Vale and MG is ~81 pixels

Using the map as a to scale map of the planet, and seeing as Remnant is roughly earth-sized, the distance between Vale and MG is about 949 km

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale

This would be a Magnitude 6-7 earthquake

This would put the yield at 7-C+ to High 7-C

Just from waking up

WeeklyBattles said:
RWBY is very, very foreshadowing-heavy, hell an offhanded line in a song from Volume 2 foreshadowed Ozpin's body hopping ability
Iirc jeff has said most songs aren't specifically about rwby though. (He did say he does rwbyfiy some of those songs.)

Well my boy i'll tell you.

The distance between Vale and MG is ~81 pixels

Using the map as a to scale map of the planet, and seeing as Remnant is roughly earth-sized, the distance between Vale and MG is about 949 km

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale

This would be a Magnitude 6-7 earthquake

This would put the yield at 7-C+ to High 7-C

Just from waking up

No upgrades then

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It doesn't affect any of the Maidens or Prohuntsman

Although, do the Pro Huntsman scale to the dragon? Because that is a minor AP boost for them

Why would any of them scale to the dragon? None of them fought, or harmed, or withstood an attack from the dragon.

I have some... controversial feelings about that but I'll save that for a thread I'll create later on.

Yeah... I'm understandably nervous about creating a revision thread for RWBY considering how heated past discussions could get.

I think it'll be better to cover that in the actual thread. I'll have it up in an hour or two.

Back