• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rust, Dust & Determination | Undyne vs. Doomguy

Abstractions

Femur Breaker
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Human Resources

Legend has it, an 'angel' who has seen the surface will descend from above and bring us freedom, lately, people have been taking a bleaker outlook. . .
Callin' that circle the 'Angel of Death'.
A harbinger of destruction waiting to 'free' us from this mortal realm.
***EMERGENCY MTT NEWS BROADCAST***

"Gooood evening beauties and gentlebeauties!! This is yours truly reporting to you live with a very important news announcement!"

"The Underground is in a horrifying turmoil! Reports from our very lovely Royal Guard suggest that a dangerous individual from the surface was spotted exiting the Ruins and were last seen heading towards the small town of Snowdin, attempts were made to reach out the residents but were met without response. My big, gorgeous, metal heart goes out to all of them."

"If you see this individual, do not approach them, instead, I strongly urge you to gather your precious MTT signed belongings and go towards extraction!"

"Goodnight, lovelies!!"

***END***

"H-Hey you there."

The Monster Kid called out to the strange looking man approaching from beyond the waterfall, expecting it to be friendly neighbor heeding the television's demands. Masked by the water, the child could only make out that they were large in stature and were carrying multiple objects in hand.

"I-I can help you with that stuff if you nee—" As they extended a metaphorical helping hand, the young monster recoiled back in shock; they were at a loss of words, unable to handle the sight of a human, no, thing, covered in what was evidently the neighbors they anticipated, grasping at the slowly decomposing head of the Snowdin shopkeeper.

Many things raced through the little one's mind, should they run away? No, they would obviously be caught. Should they reason with them? What would Undyne do?

The last thought resonated more than the rest, and repeated over and over, as if it were a war horn calling them to desperate action.

(Undyne would never back down to anyone, especially when her friends were at danger, why should I?)

"I-If you wanna hurt a-anyone else, you'll have to g-get through me—"

Their thought was interrupted by the barrel of the man's weapon being prodded into the young monster's open mouth. Sweat began to bead off their temple as they could not help but gag at the taste of the metal and ashes of the many victims, many of which were families, that met their end this very same way.

The young monster had accepted their fate at the sound of the hammer clicking, but the man's attention had been diverted by a familiar voice calling to them not far ahead of them.

"Hey you! What kind of human goes after a child?!" The voice exclaimed and was followed by a bright object; a spear being flung in the direction of the man, prompting them to let go and dodge in response.

Monster Kid had gasped for breath with anxious relief, quickly retreating towards the sound of rescue with man in quiet pursuit, but the Slayer of Monsters was halted by another weapon of the same origin being thrown at their feet.

"Alphys's books made it seem like humans showed compassion, but you, you are just a remorseless criminal."

The man had at last caught up with the taunts bombarding him from afar, spotting what appeared to be a knight in armor standing atop a mountain peak.

"Well, your time for fun is up! Because now you face me!" Undyne shouted out to the man below, readying a spear in hand and pointing it in the direction of the Doom Slayer.

"How can you even call yourself human . . . with all those people you've senselessly slaughtered?!" The man braced himself, as the Hero of Justice pushed off the peak and charged in full of zeal.

• Battle takes place on the path to Hotland.
  • Undyne starts at base, but may transform into Undying.
  • Doomguy is being used.
  • In-character.
Battle Music

UndyneUTVS
Doomguy VS
Undyne: 9 (RinneItachi, Adem Warlock69, Yakushimi, Lord JJJ, Theuser789, DarkDragonMedeus, Soupywolf5, Niccokirby, Moritzva)

Doomguy: 3 (The Wright Way, Schwxnz, NotoriouSoda)

Physically speaking, Undyne is far superior to base Doomguy. Although Doomguy can temporarily surpass her via Berserk. Although she will end up transforming, which significantly increases her strength. The only things Doomguy has that can put down even base Undyne are the BFG and Berserk melee, while Undying would body base Doomguy with ease, if she got the chance. Undyne can also paralyze him, attack his soul, has Danmaku, and is very skilled in combat. Going with Undyne for now.

Reminder that monsters are weaker to killing intent, which Doomguy is full of. Undyne may be physically stronger, but with his killing intent and speed it should balance out.

I will restrict Undying if necessary, but would rather avoid it as Doomguy has everything at his disposal if he decides to use it.

Undyne: 2

Doomguy: 0

Okay, you all might hate me, but if it's very unanimous I'll restrict Undying here.

It was grace but with that in mind we're starting from scratch:

Undyne: 0

Doomguy: 0

Yakushimi said:
If you restrict a power/transformation, wouldn't it be unable to be added to the profiles?
Undying is technically a separate key altogether, she can only access it when Genocide conditions are met, so it can be restricted.

Doomguy massively outskills. He fights 8-Bs regularly by virtue of never getting hit. Soul Manipulation plus Strengthh Advantage is superfluous if you can't hit your opponent to begin with. Plus, Undyne will just toss him a spear with whuch to block her projectiles, so Paralysis doesn't help either.

Furthermore, Undyne is weak to killing intent and Doomguy has so much that I'm confident he one-shots her base form with his 9-A weapons much like Chara/Frisk did. Hell, even his 9-B stuff will still hurt like hell given how much killing intent he has. Undying helps by making her durable enough to take hits, but it only delays the inevitable.

Doomguy has a track record of going up against opponents like Undyne, monsterous and skilled fighters who can one-shot with loads of peojectiles, while Undyne has never beaten anyone in Doomguy's level. Still, I can see her getting a potential lucky hit with Paralysis while Doomguy adapts to the sudden shift in the combat.

Doomguy 7/10.

The Wright Way said:
Undying helps by making her durable enough to take hits, but it only delays the inevitable.
I restricted Undying because voting sounded unanimous, but are you suggesting allowing it keeps the fight more balanced? If so, I will allow it.

I just want a decent discussion.

Yeah, restricting Undying just turns this into Undyne getting One-Shit as soon as Doomguy pulls out his 9-A weapons. Not helped by the fact that he'd be willing to use them here, as the OP implies he's been slaughtering his way through the Underground, and many of the monsters there are 9-A.

Killing intent doesn't seem to make The Monsters weak, it's an amp to the Undertale Humans,cause Genocide Frisk was able to cut Undyne's armor in half even tho him/her with less killing intent couldn't damage it

It's currently 6-3 in favor of Undyne.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Killing intent doesn't seem to make The Monsters weak, it's an amp to the Undertale Humans,cause Genocide Frisk was able to cut Undyne's armor in half even tho him/her with less killing intent couldn't damage it
Currently, killing intent is listed as a weakness for monsters. You'll have to make a CRT.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Killing intent is a weakness of monsters, it allowed Toriel to be one-shot despite Genocide Frisk not having increased their LV much and Toriel is stronger than Undyne at base.

Abstractions said:
Killing intent is a weakness of monsters, it allowed Toriel to be one-shot despite Genocide Frisk not having increased their LV much and Toriel is stronger than Undyne at base.
How does that prove Killing intent is a weakness of monsters? That's just how strong Genocide Frisk is

The Wright Way said:
Currently, killing intent is listed as a weakness for monsters. You'll have to make a CRT.
Well the CRT that wanted to downgrade all of the monsters to 10-C against Killing intent was rejected

7-3, Grace has started.

8-3 in favor of Undyne.

Well the CRT that wanted to downgrade all of the monsters to 10-C against Killing intent was rejected

Killing intent is still listed as a weakness on their page. Go make a CRT.

Even on the Neutral Route, when you go at Undyne with the intent to kill her, she takes numerous hits and doesn't die, and even after you do reduce her health bar to 0, she keeps on going until she literally melts away. If Doomguy was to hit her and reduce her health bar in a single shot, she'd still have the Determination factor on her side, which makes her inherently capable of pushing far, far beyond her limitations as a Monster. The primary reason she did take as much damage when she did was because of Monster Kid—she was protecting him to keep him from getting slain by Chara. As a result, she wasn't prepared nor on the defense, which is one of her weaknesses.

You can argue that Undyne is weak against bloodlust, but if we review the wording, she isn't.

"If she's not determined to kill her foe, and is facing against a foe with a strong soul and has murderous intent, her defenses will weaken."

She is determined to kill Doomguy, no matter what. This isn't any different from Frisk. Therefore, her defenses won't be weakened.

Undyne FRA

Ok. I literally said that the whole "getting one-shot" thing wasn't a factor once determination kicks in. Doomguy is still skilled enough to not get hit and wear her down.

Adem Warlock69 said:
if she turns undying she passively paralyses the opponent and has better Danmaku
"Passively Paralyzes" 1. No, she doesn't. 2. She throws him a spear. He defends himself.

"Better Danmaku" Doomguy dodges. He can tear through armies of tier 8 characters. She's not hitting him.

Like who? Undyne can literally cause rainstorms of energy spears that she can shoot without getting tired.

Back