• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rust, Dust & Determination | Undyne vs. Doomguy

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Lookng at both sides, it appears Undyne seems to have more odds going for them. Doomguy might have taking on Cyberdemon, an 8-B foe with two Railguns and is a genius strategist. But Undyne seems to overall have more combat variety that most of the enemies Classic Doomguy fights.
Is that a vote for Undyne or have you not decided yet?

As much as I dislike FRA spam, I'll accept the votes as of current.

8-3 in favor of Undyne, grace has started.

I'll vote for Undyne, but it's very close. The 4x AP advantage is really what kills him for me, as it tilts things massively in her advantage and means he'll have a difficult time winning unless he pulls out the BFG. Danmaku is an advantage, even if he has faced it before and it'll put a lot of pressure on him. Doomguy can win, but the cards favor the fish.

Currently 9-3 in favor of Undyne.

It's 10 hours.

Grace is over, the Spear of Justice wins.

You guys could also let me add my own thread to the pages.

I'm sorry, but if Doomguy has his 8-B stuff. What stops him from going invulnerable, rushing to Undyne, and kill her with berserk or anything else?

DatOneWeeb said:
I'm sorry, but if Doomguy has his 8-B stuff. What stops him from going invulnerable, rushing to Undyne, and kill her with berserk or anything else?
Green Mode wouldn't allow Doomguy to pummel her with Berserk.

I mean yeah, but this assuming green mode lasts forever. Spoiler, it doesn't. He should also be able to still attack. If he realizes he can't move due to Undyne, BFG time.

DatOneWeeb said:
I mean yeah, but this assuming green mode lasts forever. Spoiler, it doesn't. He should also be able to still attack. If he realizes he can't move due to Undyne, BFG time.
This was already factored in when people voted, this is nothing new.

BFG is a last resort in-character.

No one brought this up at all. Are just going to assume Undyne kills Doomguy before he goes back to red? He has the Supercharge which takes him to full hp, combat armor which increases his durability, and the Megasphere which gives him both. I can definitely see Doomguy living long enough before going for the kill.

In this case, Doomguy can't move and his weapons aren't doing too much damage to Undyne. He's gonna use it once he realizes most of his weapons don't do squat.

DatOneWeeb said:
No one brought this up at all. Are just going to assume Undyne kills Doomguy before he goes back to red? He has the Supercharge which takes him to full hp, combat armor which increases his durability, and the Megasphere which gives him both. I can definitely see Doomguy living long enough before going for the kill.

In this case, Doomguy can't move and his weapons aren't doing too much damage to Undyne. He's gonna use it once he realizes most of his weapons don't do squat.
I brought it up earlier.

Undyne has soul danmaku and is 4x stronger at base even when Doomguy has his armor, so it's very likely.

Killing Undyne with any means of crushing will inevitably result in her transforming into Undying, and she holds herself together from fatal blows until she melts regardless of her state.

Undyne won't be standing still to take these shots either and he will be needing to shoot her in between dodging/blocking in Green Mode.

Hitting the soul is irrelevant for Undertale. Again, danmaku is nothing new. He doesn't get a spear to defend himself, he gets a sheild. He should still logically be able to react to Undyne's danmaku since his dodging goes towards his reaction speeds. That's why his healing and armor restoration comes to play, Undyne needs several good hits before Doomguy does anything.

Undyne transforming overall changes nothing as she's still 9-A, meanwhile Doomguy can just hit her again and finish it.

BFG hits an enemy even if it isn't near you. If Doomguys bullets keep missing, more reason to pull off the big runs. Not a problem really if Doomguy dodges while shooting.

DatOneWeeb said:
Hitting the soul is irrelevant for Undertale. Again, danmaku is nothing new. He doesn't get a spear to defend himself, he gets a sheild. He should still logically be able to react to Undyne's danmaku since his dodging goes towards his reaction speeds. That's why his healing and armor restoration comes to play, Undyne needs several good hits before Doomguy does anything.

Undyne transforming overall changes nothing as she's still 9-A, meanwhile Doomguy can just hit her again and finish it.

BFG hits an enemy even if it isn't near you. If Doomguys bullets keep missing, more reason to pull off the big runs. Not a problem really if Doomguy dodges while shooting.
This is a lie, for one, and comparing demons shooting fireballs and bullets at you is not danmaku.

But it does, as she gets at least twice as strong and faster after transforming.

Again, a last resort.

Frisk one-shot Undyne when he need more than 20 for kill the Undying

The Undying is a big increase in speed and strength

She deactivated Green mode herself in that fight, and him turning 8-B won't change much, if he hits her she'll turn Undying, if he does it again it won't stop Undyne cause she keeps attacking until she melts

Undying is far above Base Undyne, so we have Genocide Frisk, he can one shot characters above Undyne at LV 4, Undyne the Undying is almost equal to him/her at LV 20

You realize I'm not just referring to one demon, right? I'm talking about a large hoard of them. Levels such as Go-2-It and Go-4-It have you fight many many demons at the same time in one room. And yes, they shoot projectiles. If a large hoard of enemies start shooting projectiles, its usually considered danmaku.

You read what I said, no? She comes back, Doomguy just hits her again.

You're ignoring what I'm saying and keep repeating "last resort." Doomguy isn't an idiot. If there's an enemy he'a going to have trouble killing or shooting, why wouldn't he use it? Not like all hope is lost if he used the BFG once, he has several bullets and can always pick up more plasma. If Doomguy starts to take too much damage from Undyne, please explain why he wouldn't finish it.

Adem Warlock69 said:
She deactivated Green mode herself in that fight, and him turning 8-B won't change much, if he hits her she'll turn Undying, if he does it again it won't stop Undyne cause she keeps attacking until she melts
Undying is far above Base Undyne, so we have Genocide Frisk, he can one shot characters above Undyne at LV 4, Undyne the Undying is almost equal to him/her at LV 20
Undyne doesn't attack in her melting form iirc and Berserk grants Doomguy 8-B durability as well.

But to be fair, to say she's going to repeatedly survive 8-B punches over and over isn't gonna work since she only took several 9-A attacks from Frisk.

DatOneWeeb said:
But to be fair, to say she's going to repeatedly survive 8-B punches over and over isn't gonna work since she only took several 9-A attacks from Frisk.
That doesn't really matter, she could still fight even when her HP was 0 a.k.a When she should be Dead, AP won't negate that

Her health bar actualy increases (the one that appears if you fight in the menu) if she is hit, she dies the same way if you hit her or not

Not ignoring the fact that dying will just turn her into Undying And that the match is over

And at that point, she'll just turn into Undying. It doesn't matter if she becomes Undying because Doomguy still has his 8-B ap and 8-B durability. He punches her one more time, she's dead.

DatOneWeeb said:
And at that point, she'll just turn into Undying. It doesn't matter if she becomes Undying because Doomguy still has his 8-B ap and 8-B durability. He punches her one more time, she's dead.
Again, Green Mode, and berserk mode does not last forever either.

The thing is, Frisk was able to attack in green mode. So Doomguy should as well. He still has other 8-B equipment like the invulnerability spear and once again, the BFG.

DatOneWeeb said:
You realize I'm not just referring to one demon, right? I'm talking about a large hoard of them. Levels such as Go-2-It and Go-4-It have you fight many many demons at the same time in one room. And yes, they shoot projectiles. If a large hoard of enemies start shooting projectiles, its usually considered danmaku.

You read what I said, no? She comes back, Doomguy just hits her again.

You're ignoring what I'm saying and keep repeating "last resort." Doomguy isn't an idiot. If there's an enemy he'a going to have trouble killing or shooting, why wouldn't he use it? Not like all hope is lost if he used the BFG once, he has several bullets and can always pick up more plasma. If Doomguy starts to take too much damage from Undyne, please explain why he wouldn't finish it.
None of which force Doomguy to a single position and spam nearly as much, you cannot compare DOOM demons to Undyne's spam.

She comes back stronger and faster and hits a weakened Doomguy once?

It's a win-con, yes, but Undyne's are more viable, I never said he was an idiot, I've said that he's in-character.

The thing is, Frisk was able to attack in green mode. So Doomguy should as well. He still has other 8-B equipment like the invulnerability spear and once again, the BFG.

Every character also stands still in Undertale and take turns attacking, neither of which we consider legitimate? Undyne will be moving here and doesn't need to be within arms reach of Doomguy.

Yes. But the fact that Doomguy has two 8-B items, this seems like an issue. He also has invisibility.

Characters have win-cons, that doesn't instantly make them reliable. Name an instance where Doomguy has used said invisibility for a 1v1 scenario.

Back