• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
00potato said:
Yeah but then what is the point? If the point is to avoid offense then wouldn't SMT go too? It is arguably more offensive then just putting the standard Jesus in.
You can discuss this elsewhere, Ant already said he doesn't want the topic to continue here.

Yes, and 00potato has so consistently seemingly made an ongoing effort to worsen any controversy in progress within this wiki that I am starting to suspect that he does so deliberately.

I am raising actual points but you feel the need to write them off as "trouble making." Why? This isn't some troll, I am contributing to discussions. Do you just not like that?

The way you phrase that is yet another part of your pattern of behaviour. As soon as we have any type of controversy and drama in the wiki you have immediately butted in to try to make it worse, and you have not done anything whatsoever that I remember to actually help out in the wiki.

I would appreciate if some staff members could investigate, as I am far too overworked to do so myself.

@Potato

Your point was already addressed. Things like SMT use religious theming as inspiration, but create their own lore and diverge from the religions and ideas to create something original.

Your attempt to bring up actual points seems less like debate and: "Lets delete everything similar to this if we can't have this" where there's clearly more context to take into consideration.

I have seen Potato try to be active, helpful, and make good additions to the wiki, so I think from my own experience they aren't some sort of long-game troll or anything. But yes, doubling down on questions like this when there was an answer is unnecessary and drags out the controversy.

Well, I only remember him repeatedly starting or worsening drama, so I remain suspicious, but if you say that he has also made positive contributions, that lessens my concerns.

Yes, I do not think Potato is malicious. However this conversation has been prolonged for far too long and threatens to clog up this thread. So we should really drop this now as Ant has already denied the profile's right to exist here.

You're all talking about me..... which is the problem?
Let's remind you all I have created

At this time I have added 577 pages in total to this wiki.
Characters and Verses:
At this time I have added

527 Character Profiles
4 Weapons Profiles
47 Verses

You can check here

I made a Jesus profile following the instructions and notes of the wiki because It's just a poem with religious themes. It's not actual theology.

So if someone needs to say me something here I'm.

Ant told me already. But I here to say that I didn't broke any rules, because again It's just a poem with religious themes.

There is no a rule saying Jhon Milton's Paradise Lost is prohibited in this wiki. So basically I didn't made something bad.

I'll accept that maybe people here are defending themselves without even being attacked. The intrigue kills them inside, so yeah, at least we have something to disscuss in this 4th hours.

On my point of view Paradise Lost still no actual theology, but meh I don't have the time to argue this all my life, so I'm gonna give Ant the reason, who knows maybe in a long future our grandchildren will talk about this topic.

But for now I'll recomend Ant to create a rule saying Paradise Lost and Divine Comedy are prohibited in this wiki. In order to avoid problems about this in the future.

I did not say that you broke any rules, just that this profile is too risky to keep and not worth the trouble.

Let's drop this. I do not remotely have the time and energy to deal with any further drama right now.

I do not think that it should be a problem to keep that. Can we drop this subject now please? I don't want to go to bed at 5:00 in the morning again.

My apologies if I am being testy. The increased daily edit count in this wiki thanks to the global lockdown has me very barely able to keep up anymore, and on top of that I am distracted and stressed out by everything going on in the world right now. I usually manage to keep it under control, but don't deal with prolonged arguments very well at the moment, as they put an extra strain on my mind and overexert me when combined with everything else.

His first 4 contributions was borderline vandalism. Blocked and reverted edits. It's something all the way to 1-A or Tier 0 with no context, that was considered permaban iirc. Though, unless others say otherwise.

I think that a permaban is fine, yes. Thanks for helping out.

Usually, new users are supposed to be either commenting or making threads and they should definitely read rules before making changes to anything. Especially, changing tiers like that. It's not something like making a minor change in the summaries with typos, that's an example of just a friendly reminder. But upgrading someone to 1-A with no context is borderline vandalism and a serious offence.

Though, that was the standard back in 2017-2018

Holy overreaction Batman.

Guys, he's a new user. He doesn't know the rules. Most people don't read them.

Give him a warning first,then ban is he keeps going.

The Wright Way said:
Holy overreaction Batman.
Guys, he's a new user. He doesn't know the rules. Most people don't read them.

Give him a warning first,then ban is he keeps going.
"Most people don't read the rules"

I know it's not surprising, but that's not a good excuse. People shouldn't think it's okay not to read the rules and I think it's obvious changing a character's tier is against the rules.

"Most people don't read the rules"

I know it's not surprising, but that's not a good excuse. People shouldn't think it's okay not to read the rules and I think it's obvious changing a character's tier is against the rules.

Which is why we give him a warning, tell him to read the rules, and then ban him if he doesn't comply.

I mean, seriously, it's just editing profiles. That's an easy fix.

He is a new account, he likely doesn't even have an idea of how is the tiering system works

When I first came, I wanted to downgrade a certain Chara from 2-B to 3-A even though I didn't know what those stats meant. Just though that lower was better.

When I first started on this wiki, one of my very first contributions was arguing why Void Manip was a valid win-con in a match. People figure out quite quickly how this all works, and any natural new user would easily figure out that isn't allowed. Obvious troll.

Plenty of people are lurkers long before they make accounts, it's common sense that way. And it gives people time to learn how the wiki works in all that jazz. And it's common sense that wiki pages are not meant to be edited by those who aren't professional or trusted enough to edit them. My first edit was me commenting on a Chrono Trigger related thread, and the nest few were me giving thoughts on various threads.

And let's say those who simply want to edit pages and not engage on threads, normally the first edit is just fixing typos, elaborating on summaries or descriptions. Not making changes to statistics, or adding/removing powers and abilities. And especially not upgrading favorite character to Outerversal/Omnipotent ratings. Those are very typical troll edits. So in other words, I'm with Antvasima and the others.

Anyway, this is not a discussion thread and really need to do something about the RVR threads needing a reboot every 4-5 days, so this is something more reserved for message walls instead of spamming this thread.

DarkGrath said:
When I first started on this wiki, one of my very first contributions was arguing why Void Manip was a valid win-con in a match. People figure out quite quickly how this all works, and any natural new user would easily figure out that isn't allowed. Obvious troll.
Well, talk about you, because it took me an entire year to figure out how things works, even at this I point I have problems to understand tiers beyond 2-A (Also in part of how polarized the views are from user to user).

Some people just learn more faster/slower than others.

There's a difference between a user that just has trouble understanding how the wiki works and one that makes massive unmotivated changes and vandalizes profiles despite knowing that they don't understand. Even if they're new, it's just a matter of common sense to not make any changes to a community site without at least having a grasp on how to go about that, something that can be gotten by asking on the Q&A Board or just inquiring from a regular member or staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back