• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ennard, don't even trip. You did literally nothing wrong, none of this is on you. If someone starts arguing in a thread, that's all on them.

Cropfist said:
Zark definetly instigated by closing the thread at first with an attitude.
I do agree that telling someone "Read the profiles next time" is rather overly aggressive, but it really has nothing to do with the incident

To be fair, this was the 5(?) Marvel vs. Geralt thread and and the last four had been massive stomps for either sides, so I'll admit I was acting somewhat on routine for closing the thread, also some dynamics which I didn't have the knowledge of like the Respiratory stuff and frankly questionable Venom dynamics that hadn't been introduced prior.

Ennard kinda has a history of just making poorly thought out matches, so that didn't help either ig

Letting emotion get the better of you is always a bad idea, it's frustrating but you can simply ask that people slow down on Marvel threads.

It was less about emotions and moreso about people pretending to know the character without properly admitting and generally being hypocritical about their behaviour alongside purposely misconstruing certain statements to dismiss some arguments.

I still legitimately don't see anything I had stated which was offensive to anyone. Suddenly the statements of "irony" and "closing the thread" become relevant as they're being used to further a case against me, which I think is entirely irrelevant as they were a prior non-factor to M3X's actual point of outburst

Damage3245 said:
I'm fine with just giving an official warning for both.

I don't it is very productive for the current discussion to continue on this thread.
Agreed. They are both usually helpful and productive members. However, we have to try to keep our tempers under control here and remain respectful and polite. It is the only way for this community to survive long term. Especially now that we are all under a lot of real world stress thanks to the Coronavirus crisis, and the likely economic depression to follow.

Well, I am fine now, I just want Zark to stop insulting me AGAIN here when I already said I will not discuss this anymore

You have an extremely low threshold to getting offended Fine, I apologize, I won't discuss further

Thank you for trying to make peace.

I have to leave one last comment to admonish Zark for that striked out comment in his last post. Apologizing in the same breath as insulting someone makes the apology seem less sincere.

I don't know if his intention was to insult, but it doesn't look good.

I'm not going to kiss his feet now, Damage, I apologized, end of story, I show genuineness by not bringing it up further.

What looks good and what doesn't, can be predicted by my actions.

To white knight for Zark a little bit. This comment does pretty objectively read like a snide insult.

Zark2099 said:
You have an extremely low threshold to getting offended Fine, I apologize, I won't discuss further
But after talking through and thinking it through with the context of the thread, it looks like she was responding to this:

M3X said:
Well, I am fine now, I just want Zark to stop insulting me AGAIN here when I already said I will not discuss this anymore
Assuming Zark was just responding to this accusation of continuing to insult M3X, I think her response is fair, if badly worded. Looking back through Zark's posts in the RVT she hadn't continued to insult M3X, especially after their little break and agreement for both to get warned.

tl;dr I think Zark's recent strikethrough was bad wording, not really bad attitude/intention

Those 5 votes purely based on my argument say otherwise.

And even if no one agreed with it, it's still abuse of power because it's still deleting my comment for disagreeing with them, i wasn't trolling nor spamming and was honestly debating and responding about my point, deleting all my comments was unjustified.

You didn't "Disagree" you flinged condescending comments at people who disagreed with you and said the Bill votes were null.

Schnee One said:
You didn't "Disagree" you flinged condescending comments at people who disagreed with you and said the Bill votes were null.
No, i said one condescending thing after being threatened with 'agree with me or i delete it', that's all and that's not even the comment that got deleted.

And no, i said the votes should have been reset, all of them, because there had been a CRT.

So deleting my comment that were explaining what the ability is, how it works and the exemple of it being used is a total abuse of power.

This does not seem serious. It is probably best if we stop arguing about this further.

How can you look at the thread when my comments were deleted ?

So the rule is 'if we think your argument is wrong, we can delete it' ? really ?

Looking at the thread, Risci deleted a lot of posts that didn't need to be deleted. Posts of people just posting scans without toxicity.

If this thing isn't over by the time I'm done with it, I can collect screenshots to show what I mean.

Deleting them was kinda scummy. Not sure if that is something a discussion moderator should do. Consider this a warning.

You are using "common sense" for Bleach to justify a DB ability. Regardless, you are derailing. Any further comments on an ability that isn't on the profiles is getting axed.

You can view deleted comments through user contributions, including your own, even if you're not a mod. So Dragomer, can you link me your contribs you feel were deleted and don't fall under what was warned about? Due to the way restoring posts goes, it would take a while to restore everything and read that way, and you also have a lot of comments on the one thread.

I will have to agree with Agnaa on this one. Unless they were incredibly toxic and contained insults etc. They probably shouldn't have been deleted.

Regardless that thread has gotten super heated, so it should probably be closed.

Because Peter had acess to his equipment, the equipment he used once during a comic before you was born.
How the hell do I interpret this in any way except a toxic message? I asked him to knock it off by showing how ridiculous the logic itself was. Just using sarcasm isn't a crime when it's proving this ridiculous a logic.

These next gems almost randomly thrown in amidst a somewhat serious discussion, far from the "Ironic statement" now to matter.

Save your ironies for someone closest to you, your friend or whatever.
You can now discuss alone, I will not discuss with such an ignorant who thinks everyone know less than him about a character
Little to no provocation at this point, other than me asking what does he even know about said key recently introduced to the profile when he misplaces it's place in the timeline by decades. Is this an offensive enough statement, that you don't know a certain character properly, to warrant that?

My last paragraph was made seconds before the thread closed, so it's a non-factor to M3X's behavior entirely.

I just want Zark to stop insulting me AGAIN here when I already said I will not discuss this anymore
Straight up playing the victim card when as you can see above, not one word worthy of an insult was said, I called out this fact of calling a general discussion I had with Schnee as an "INSULT AGAIN" in the strikethrough part which you all latched onto, lovely.

Responding because the concept of "Zark was just being toxic because her characters are losing", no, I was responding to continuously thrown random jabs towards me and straight up misinformation being spread, alongside toxic behavior in general.

I'll admit I could've been more reserved, the last message was admittedly unneeded and somewhat undeserving. At best this however, this is a lapse of judgement on my end, but what it is on M3X's end is toxic baiting and general overreaction with no provocation whatsoever.

I have responsibilities, yes, I just did them poorly here, I could frankly bother less at the end of the day with a Spider-Man match when a user is constantly berating me with no provocation expect 10 messages ago.

00potato said:
Deleting them was kinda scummy. Not sure if that is something a discussion moderator should do. Consider this a warning.
Ok buddy.

My own two cents is that the comments didn't need to be deleted, but Drago is definetly not having the best of behaviors in that thread.

I looked through the removed posts, a thorough analysis is in this collapsible

Post Analysis​
Ricsi removed replies 220, 221, 224, 225, 227, and 230. Some from Dragomer, and some from Gilad Hyperstar.
  • 220, D: Well, Drago was warned that this sort of thing would be deleted, and it is kinda hostile, but I'm not familiar enough with the thread as a whole to say if it should have been.
  • 221, GH: No clue why this one was deleted, it was just giving scans for something Bill did and is on his profile.
  • 224, D: This one's completely innocuous, but Ricsi did warn that this sort of thing would be deleted, and it probably should have been taken to a CRT.
  • 225, D: More talk about the ability, with a touch worse tone, but about the same as Dragomer's other posts.
  • 227, GH: Discussing the ability with Drago. Calm conversation, but again, possibly deserving a CRT, as Ricsi pointed out in the thread.
  • 230, D: More calm talk about the ability.
Schnee also removed Dragomer's reply 238 which was later restored by SD, so you can judge it for yourself.
Overall, Ricsi had one misfire in deleting this comment from GH. I do think that Dragomer should have taken it to a CRT. If a past CRT about it said that "Ki Crush" in DBS was such a well-known obvious thing that the CRT was seen as unnecessary, he should have linked that as evidence.

Aside from that one misfire, I think Ricsi was in the right. He only started deleting posts after repeated requests to bring it to a CRT. I'd also say that Drago's stuff isn't really warnable, and is a pretty understandable reaction if he doesn't understand the site's rules very well.

tl;dr They're both fine. Drago should make a CRT about the ability if he still cares. Other than that, let's drop this.

Can we all please stop arguing over trivial issues? It isn't good for the wiki to take our tensions out at each other, and I do not have the time and energy to deal with it.

@Agnaa

Thank you for helping out.

Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back