• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've reported people like this to FANDOM in the past.

The only thing FANDOM can really do that we can't (in cases like these) is ban on other wikis, which isn't really relevant since they're just targeting us.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Idk all I know is once we do the forum move they won't be able to pull this kinda stuff anymore. I'm looking forward to that.
It's kinda the opposite actually. After the forum move we won't have additional protections on the forum, and we'd likely have to remove the 10 edit requirement on articles (so that new users can join the community), which would then make pages vulnerable as well as threads.

Not true. We have been talking about stricter protections for the new forum than what we have here currently, and will initially be invitation only. I don't want to reveal more than that yet though.

However, we will likely have to come up with better restrictions for editing in this wiki.

Anyway, thank you to all of the staff members who helped out with banning and using WHAM against the trolls.

A few months back, there was an incident regarding the leaks of comments from a Discord server that subsequently led to Corgi The Gen Z God and ShadowWarrior1999 being banned from the wiki due to said comments. As a moderator of that Discord server, I have created a document in defense of them that explains the full context of the situation and why Corgi and Shadow should not have been banned over their actions on Discord. You can read the full defense document here. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...626880/Shadow_and_Corgi_defense-converted.pdf

Hi, was dragged away from my D&D stuff to comment here. As of typing this I've read the first page or so of the above document and will give commentary as I read through it.

First off I'd like to say your intent to hide said screenshots and their content from VSBW is good, but it did get here, and it did cause trouble, which, like it or not, was caused by Shadow taking the time to make the content of said screenshots in the first place. In Shadow's case it wasn't even anything being eggregiously bad, it's just ever so constant. The document says your server had no part in this- I would disagree, Shadow made his mess, the mess just happened to reach over here. In the end Shadow was a fringe case anyways, I wasn't initially going to ban him but decided to go with it after considering the sheer breadth of the screenshots (like 90% of them had him in it).

Ashen's reasons for turning them over in of themselves aren't important, I think. I won't weigh in on the moral implications of his decision, only that it doesn't change what transpired. Bad shit was happening on the server you moderate, bad shit got leaked here, bans were handed out. I'm not sure I'd call that manipulating, nor would I call either party in this unbiased (considering you take several jabs at Ashen yourself in this ostensibly formal document).

The wiki does not intend to delve into personal discords to monitor you guys. The wiki does intend to clear off the stains of said toxic discords that reach back here. That is what happened. We were shown a disheartening amount of evidence and acted on it. I see no reason to undo Shadow's ban that wasn't brought up and discussed long before now. FANDOM seems to think this is a matter for our wiki to handle, not one for FANDOM to be involved with, and I certainly agree with them (for once).

Saying "we should not take what Corgi says literally" is a weak argument, in my opinion. I've spoken to the guy a few times, as have several other staff members (sometimes in a less-than-willing way, i.e., Corgi comes to them with legitimate harassment). What context props up this behavior doesn't matter when the guy had, frankly, a lot of time to stop and think. And he didn't. So he's banned.

I don't really care about your issues with ZaStando as they aren't relevant at all. Both sides of this argument have shown increasibly petty behavior, and frankly I don't see the point. Serve your bans, people have gotten worse for a hell of a lot less than going to female staff members and spewing mysogynistic rabble until blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back