• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has gone over the line repeatedly to the point that I had to remove some of his posts in the past so Fandom wouldn't ban him. He needs a warning, yes.

I think he needs a warning just to understand that he's violating the sites rules and there are consequences, Ive discussed with him in the past and while he can be overly aggressive it wasn't that bad, (Never got directly insulted as far as I can recall) I think he should be warned prolonged hostility and insults aren't considered acceptable behavior and can result in a ban.

• Watches this and suddenly gets very nervous*
I won't lie when I say that if I've had a bad day... that I haven't been rather grumpy on the site. I mean I always back away after a day... but still.

Now does anyone know how to do a nervous emoji?

I don't remember you ever behaving badly enough to get a warning.

Well I never did get a warning and it was on a rather obscure section. I chalk it up to frustration and having a bad day at work. I did go on to apologies afterwards... but still the fact that it happened is shameful.

Is some staff member willing to deliver the two warnings?

Someone should also inform this user not to remove matches without first bringing it to the vs removal thread as it seems likly to have just been a case of them not knowing to do that. The matches they removed were still very valid despite accels upgrades. I would have done it myself but my ability to post on walls is very...Odd more often then not when I press post it just deletes everything ive written and doesn't actually post anything.

I also have removed some matches of other profiles like a few weeks ago without first bringing them to the vs removal thread, I am really sorry, forgive me guys.

Should I restore them or show the matches I removed here?

What do you do if you make a stomp, without knowing? Do we just leave it? *Asking for a friend of a friend :( Do we just put it in the Removal Thread? Or just wait for it to expire?

You ask a mod to close it or visit the general request thread, don't worry so much about it though. my first match here was a massive stomp Next time you have a match in mind check the profiles in-depth and if your still not sure visit the verse pages and ask some knowledgeable members what they think.

Edit I recommend bothering schnee for closing threads he is a very civil and active mod that will usually respond swiftly.

I mean I personally have never seen him act that bad on the wiki itself. Some people act drastically different and say bad things off site but dont bring them here. He can't exactly be judged for charcteristics he hasn't displayed here imo.

Yeah he usually just calls my logic/arguments trash when he can't disprove them or make a valid argument. Didn't realize he was this...Problematic.....I now favor a more severe warning with this information present.

While we can't judge him straight for these comments and behaviors as they are off site the fact ant has had to remove agressive comments that would have gotten him trouble with the wiki overall points to a more agressive/malicous side I wasn't aware of. These images show a behavioral pattern that shows he should be monitered as it could cause disruptions in the wiki if he allowed the behaviors on other sites to leak over here.

If he's made a conscious effort to not act this way here knowing the rules, then a warning yes but I don't think anything further than what is merited from whatever caused the initial report.

Yeah I say a warning for the posts ant had to remove and aggressive behavior. He does seem to be making an effort not to act that way on the wiki so for the moment he should be fine

@MYHERO

I promised not to say.

@MYHERO

He just claimed to be ZaStando27, and told me to tell you after all, as he says that he didn't want to feel like a scumbag.

So I don't know if this has been resolved... but has he done this before? I mean... it sounds like this whole dance has been done before.

I can't claim to know what goes on in the head of everybeing that lives on this mudball of a planet... but I do like to think that I can spot someone sincere and someone just pretending. The past is a very good indicator of such things.

Does he have a history of reverting to his behavior? Because at the end of the day... this is a site for friendly discussions. Key word being 'Friendly'.

It's clear that he hasn't insulted anyone on this site... but calling someone ignorant just because they don't agree with him isn't conductive to a friendly arguement. Trust me when I say this... if that's how he acts on other apps/forums... then he will bring it here. He might not outright insult anyone, but he will find a way to disrupt.

This is personal experience as I had a few 'friends' who were like that.

That's all I have to say.

PS: How many warnings has he had before in total?

And something to note. Please don't hate me for this: "Injustice is relatively easy to bear; it is justice that hurts." - H.L. Mencke

I've seen that server shown in the pictures, though I'm not very active on it. While these kinds of screenshots would be easy enough to edit and falsify through photoshop, I can confirm that at least the first message is legitimate.

Then I hate to say this... but maybe he should be banned for a longer period of time. I work on the motto of Three Stikes. This would be his second... and his third would result in a permanent ban.

At least that's how I'd do it. Some may not want to... but sometimes you got to look out for the others.

Another quick note... and I do find that it is a good motto to live by, especially in matters of rule violations.

"In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same." - Albert Einstei

Was that it? Fair enough I thought he caused some issues in a silver thread and got hit with the ban hammer by fandom. Like I said not overly familiar with his history just stateing what I was aware of. I also think a ban is premature, a warning seems like the best descion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back