• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

So what should we do about this?

Let us continue the discussion of Galens potential punishment here. I am in support of a ban, based on what I consider a definitely doctored video.
Actually, I have a few thoughts to float past you regarding that. If it's based on the frame skips, his story about the emulator might be true. In my limited experience using mobile apps on Blue Stacks and other emulators, I've found them to be extremely buggy. As in, not even working properly buggy.

Another thought that occurred to me is, maybe it would be beneficial to find out where Galens got the copy of the game. If it came from a less than reputable source, or was in any way strange, it really might have just had that messy stuff going on. If I was going to use fake scans, I'd say I received them, not that I made them myself. Granted I'm weird; I can see through a liar but also practically can't lie at all, so maybe I shouldn't pretend I'd have it in me to use fake scans at all.

Update: what's more, it was a Chinese app with the regional restrictions bypassed on an emulator, another means for it to be buggy.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't buy it at all. I don't think the universe aligned to screw him over. As DarkGrath put it:

Galens' prior argument, that this was due to stuttering in his game, does not work either. For one, I can find no other discrepancies in Galens' loading screen footage to suggest the game was stuttering during the loading period - the loading screen includes the animation of the neon light flickering, and I can find no sign at all that this animation is lagging or skipping frames. Secondly, in the alternate footage I've found, there have been numerous examples of videos of the game that evidently stutter far more than Galens' footage does, and none of them ever result in skipping the first few frames of the loading screen. Thirdly, if it was even hypothetically possible for frame skipping to occur on the loading screen to produce this effect, I would naturally be expected to have found it at least once by chance - yet, with dozens of examples, I can consistently identify that nothing even remotely similar has occurred.

Actually, I have a few thoughts to float past you regarding that. If it's based on the frame skips, his story about the emulator might be true. In my limited experience using mobile apps on Blue Stacks and other emulators, I've found them to be extremely buggy. As in, not even working properly buggy.

Another thought that occurred to me is, maybe it would be beneficial to find out where Galens got the copy of the game. If it came from a less than reputable source, or was in any way strange, it really might have just had that messy stuff going on. If I was going to use fake scans, I'd say I received them, not that I made them myself. Granted I'm weird; I can see through a liar but also practically can't lie at all, so maybe I shouldn't pretend I'd have it in me to use fake scans at all.

Update: what's more, it was a Chinese app with the regional restrictions bypassed on an emulator, another means for it to be buggy.
Finding the original .apk file would be helpful to see if the scans were just a shitty translation or edited in by someone else. If the scans were edited in using a photo editing app instead of directly editing the game's script, it would be helpful to use a photo forensics app. Although the con with those is that you need the original file, no screenshots would work, as the program needs to scan the file's metadata

Personally, I don't buy it at all. I don't think the universe aligned to screw him over. As DarkGrath put it:
The universe didn't align to screw me over when I tried using three different mobile emulators either. They all just "worked" so badly I gave up and deleted them.

And the loading screens are often the clunkiest parts of certain games, and that seems to if anything hold truer for emulators, since they're not really optimized. Never mind the possibility that he downloaded his copy of it from some clunky source or downloaded an early access version or even modified version. Like I say, if Galens downloaded a version of it that was a bit questionable, it might warrant asking him about that. You're preparing to permanently ban a user who is almost inactive because the videos have frame skips. We might as well explore all avenues before we throw him in the water to see if he floats.

Finding the original .apk file would be helpful to see if the scans were just a shitty translation or edited in by someone else. If the scans were edited in using a photo editing app instead of directly editing the game's script, it would be helpful to use a photo forensics app. Although the con with those is that you need the original file, no screenshots would work, as the program needs to scan the file's metadata
Good point. Maybe in regards to PoC we should have just done that all along, getting all available official versions and searching the apk file for those texts, and checking if maybe Galen's copy has some content that shouldn't be there, perhaps early content that was scrapped.

@Deagonx can you stop with the mass deletion on posts when one of them is speaking directly to you on the subject matter? You're making it very hard for people to take you seriously when all you do is mass delete without letting them give their opinions on the matter, especially when they are responding to an accusation.

Last edited:
Why are you deleting comments questioning you? You keep doing that, silencing what you don't want said, it's a bad look.
For the RVR thank you for your input. Your points have been noted (which is why I undeleted some of them) but please refrain from further commenting without permission from a staff member since this report isn't directed at you or at NecoScaler.

when all you do is mass delete without letting them give their opinions on the matter, especially when they are responding to an accusation?
Look, that's what our rules are. There's literally no reason for Marshadow or Random-Helper to speak on this issue. They aren't the accused party, they aren't involved in the situation. As far as our rules are concerned, I should have deleted his first comment as well. When that resulted in two additional comments and another unrelated user getting involved I realized my mistake there.

This isn't the place for a user's friends to provide unproven theories about what might have happened, when we have no basis for even thinking that the explanation they made up would even cause the discrepancy upon which Galens guilt is being decided.

Regular members aren't allowed to post in this Rule Violation Reports thread, unless they are making a report here, have direct involvement in a report, or have relevant information about a report that has not been brought up yet, in order to not derail or delay the processing of the reports, or worse instigate further rule violations. Repeated violations will be followed with a strict warning, followed by a threadban for one week to a site ban for some duration, depending on the severity of their conduct.
I think finding out whether the game's script was edited by an unrelated party that uploaded the apk, or if the scan was edited by a photo program is relevant information.

I should have deleted his first comment as well. When that resulted in two additional comments and another unrelated user getting involved I realized my mistake there.
Regular members aren't allowed to post in this Rule Violation Reports thread, unless they are making a report here, have direct involvement in a report, or have relevant information about a report that has not been brought up yet, in order to not derail or delay the processing of the reports, or worse instigate further rule violations.

I certainly would consider an alternate possibility something relevant enough to be heard at the absolute least, so nah, gotta disagree with ya there.

(Ninja'd, but posting this regardless)

That said, the situation has been resolved, so I will indeed delete any more comments about this.

Instead how about tell them to get permission from staff members to comment,
I did indeed.

I certainly would consider an alternate possibility
If they have info that can demonstrate this possibility, I'd agree, but if they can't then it's just baseless speculation and not a good reason to interject. The video is incongruent with numerous others of the same content, multiple of which were in emulators as well.

Also, @Sevil Natas has been repeatedly pestering one of the community managers for confirmation of the scans and should likely be told to stop. That is against our rules.

Screenshot_20231028-130152.png

bandicam_2023-10-28_16-22-02-563.jpg

That's a little different, from what I recall WeeklyBattles was outright banned for a hot minute a few years ago over doing something similar with SCP writers.

While not an exact 1:1 with the Weekly case nobody should ever be bothering community mangers to pester them with battleboarding shit.

Let us continue the discussion of Galens potential punishment here. I am in support of a ban, based on what I consider a definitely doctored video.
For the record, I don't think Deagonx is manipulating the situation by technically following our procedures regarding message deletion. Some of these comments serve as testimonials to possibilities presented earlier- that doesn't provide new information and deleting them is, in my view, basically okay per our rules. Still, some new information has floated upwards (a very small amount, but certainly some), and so keeping current comments up for context seems right to me.

I stated this on the relevant thread regarding faked scans, so I will reiterate what I said there: I think the evidence of faked scans is exceptional and overwhelming, and I am in full support of a permanent ban for Galens. Furthermore, one gets the impression that there are more actors to this deception than just Galens- @Sevil Natas is acting suspiciously enough (seen in Deagonx's last message as well as serving as a driving force behind the scans), for example. I think anyone who was close to this issue ought to be treated with a healthy amount of caution for the future, as faked scans is one of the worst offenses one can commit on this wiki, one feels.

Also: pestering devs, community correspondents, writers, what have you, is too directly against our rules and should be greatly discouraged. At the very least a formal warning ought to be given.

I think that Sevil was likely just trying to help, in lack of better options given the rather extreme situation for him and his friends, so I do not think that he should be banned for asking a game developer or similar (?) a few questions in this case.

a game developer or similar (?)
My understanding is that he is a community manager and translator helping with the global release, but didn't work on the Chinese version which is what is currently available (aside from some closed Betas of the global version, which comes out in December).

I'm fine with not punishing him but he should be told to stop. He's already asked numerous times.

I think that Sevil was likely just trying to help, in lack of better options given the rather extreme situation for him and his friends, so I do not think that he should be banned for asking a game developer or similar (?) a few questions in this case.
I don't think a ban is necessary for that alone, although I stand by a formal warning and keeping a general eye on DMC for more suspicious activity.

If indeed what Galens did was flat out forgery with these scans (which wouldn't surprise me that much given how versus battle jargon a lot of the lore dump was) then I'm ok with a permaban given how egregious this is for a site all about indexing verified statements. Personally I'd advocate for Sevil to get a warning at best in regards to asking the staff on the discord server to see if the scans were true or not since he's at best the messenger in this situation and is just trying to make sure they're legit and not forged in any way.

My understanding is that he is a community manager and translator helping with the global release, but didn't work on the Chinese version which is what is currently available (aside from some closed Betas of the global version, which comes out in December).

I'm fine with not punishing him but he should be told to stop. He's already asked numerous times.
I'd say a warning for Sevil to stop the pestering would work, since he hasn't received any sort of warning before and this is very strictly against our standards
I don't think a ban is necessary for that alone, although I stand by a formal warning and keeping a general eye on DMC for more suspicious activity.
I suppose that a mild warning seems fine then, yes.

If indeed what Galens did was flat out forgery with these scans (which wouldn't surprise me that much given how versus battle jargon a lot of the lore dump was) then I'm ok with a permaban given how egregious this is for a site all about indexing verified statements. Personally I'd advocate for Sevil to get a warning at best in regards to asking the staff on the discord server to see if the scans were true or not since he's at best the messenger in this situation and is just trying to make sure they're legit and not forged in any way.
Yes, that is a mitigating circumstance.

Mild reminder to mild warning at best to Sevil would be fine in this situation.

I will not lay a hand on Galens. If this is the voted out decision on Galens I believe my vote agaisnt a permanent ban would still only count as one vote and would not do much.

Good point. Maybe in regards to PoC we should have just done that all along, getting all available official versions and searching the apk file for those texts, and checking if maybe Galen's copy has some content that shouldn't be there, perhaps early content that was scrapped.
Dummy for me - some people with ample free time should do this some day earlier.

Confession I am still relatively busy with my day job.

Reporting : Maitreya for Constant Derailment of this thread
As someone who's on good terms with the both of you I can confirm it's not derailment as much as it's a misunderstanding between you guys. Or a disconnect rather, he believes that comparing real life Buddhist believes aren't applicable to power scaling.

Which is true to a certain extent since GoH a verse that's based 100% on Buddhism got downgraded due to it heavily relying on Nirvana scaling to the irl Buddhist definition of Nirvana.

There's no rule breaking going on here, what you guys need is a staff member to clarify these points to the both of you.

Reporting : Maitreya for Constant Derailment of this thread
Maitreya is not derailing the thread at all, he is simply refuting your points in the thread as are the others who are arguing in that thread.

We don't report people for disagreeing with us, if that were the case you would have had to report me for agreeing with Maitreya and not with you.

Back