• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

If this is a joke, it's in very poor taste. And if it's not, that's even worse...

Should something be done about this? Personally, I believe so
Personally if there isn't anything done I will be very offended as I have a trans woman in my family and do not think is acceptable that we have a rule against that in our site, it happens on a place full of people that I trust to have high regard for that and all the other rules and nothing happens.

The thread does look outrageous and full or horrible arguments. However, it's common for new users to not know better. Also, him having "Adolf Hitler" as a gaming username isn't really as serious; it's a joke of poor taste more likely but unless that was a username used here, we cannot hold it against someone for that.

The "Go cry somewhere else" comment on the other hand was indeed inflammatory. Though saying "You're getting a 0 on an English test" or calling him a troll at the very first post wasn't the best approach to respond.
so uhh what do?

Personally if there isn't anything done I will be very offended as I have a trans woman in my family and do not think is acceptable that we have a rule against that in our site, it happens on a place full of people that I trust to have high regard for that and all the other rules and nothing happens.
Like racism, Transphobia kills many people | every day.
Where the actual f*ck is our moderation that can take care of a racist vandalism in less than 10 minutes to give a statement about a literal crime that the person who spoke that sh*t doesn't even mind deffending themselves?

As someone who knows Shmoopy, he jokes around a lot. He joked around a bit too much this time. I think equating his mild implication that he is transphobic (which is clearly a joke) to calls for trans murder and to a guy who outright smeared a profile with words like "I hate n-" is very much wrong. Should he be punished? That's up to staff to decide. However I think treating it as outright blatant transphobia is very much wrong.

I do think noninho is going a bit overboard, it's a joke done in poor taste

Personally think it's disrespectful to my community to compare tragedies and the bigotry we have to face almost everyday to this backhanded comment. If they should be punished for it or not? I don't really mind, but I'd be satisfied with at least a warning. It's obvious that implying someone is not trans because of your "transphobia" is needlessly hurtful

That's more or less my same opinion. I'm hesitant to label it overt transphobia, but a transphobic joke levied against an actual transperson inside an RVR report (one that -- as far as we can tell at this moment -- is inaccurate) is not good and we should at least issue a warning.

Lots of posts here and some not so necessary derailment here but.

@Shmooply I will have to give you a strict warning since it was perhaps a joke, but it was a really bad one. It is against Fandom's TOS to be making such comments about sensitive topics such as transphobia or any kind of bigotry regardless of whether or not it is a joke. And therefore, against our TOS since our wiki is still powered by Fandom.

Reporting this user for this racist edit on Goku´s profile
User was permabanned, but we do have a separate violation report for vandalism though the racist comment is permaban trolling on top of vandalism yes.
so uhh what do?
Well, I already informed you about the wrong approaches, so I suppose no further warning on your end. But for now, a light warning sounds like the worst case for now. But most certainly some instructions are needed for that new user at minimum.

I dealt with them on the wiki before and they seem to be a user who wants to contribute legitimately. Anyways, they're quite new and don't know that debates need to be relevant to the profile statistics so I left them a message.

Last edited:
https://vsbattles.com/threads/black...and-light-speed-statement.163656/post-6331551

https://vsbattles.com/threads/black...and-light-speed-statement.163656/post-6331556

Reporting Luci5678 for condescending behavior and getting hostile over a poorly-made CRT that boasts no scans, no proper justifications and is running solely on argument of incredulity.

Some of the other comments responding there might've been a tad too hostile as well, so if some thread mods could go over there and issue warnings and close the thread (Since it's been met with rejection), that'd be great.

https://vsbattles.com/threads/black...and-light-speed-statement.163656/post-6331551

https://vsbattles.com/threads/black...and-light-speed-statement.163656/post-6331556

Reporting Luci5678 for condescending behavior and getting hostile over a poorly-made CRT that boasts no scans, no proper justifications and is running solely on argument of incredulity.

Some of the other comments responding there might've been a tad too hostile as well, so if some thread mods could go over there and issue warnings and close the thread (Since it's been met with rejection), that'd be great.
Calc group members have no authority to reject threads. The thread can still probably be argued for after the new user learns to ignore hate and put his or her messages in one post. The thread shouldn't be closed until staff (not including calc group members/content mods) properly reject it.

The thread shouldn't be closed until staff (not including calc group members/content mods) properly reject it.
Well there is a rule regarding crt
Content Revision Threads need to be supported by scans, quotes, video clips, accepted calculations, or any other direct proof that claimed events actually happened in the source material. In the absence of this evidence, CRTs may be closed without notice.

Calc group members have no authority to reject threads. The thread can still probably be argued for after the new user learns to ignore hate and put his or her messages in one post. The thread shouldn't be closed until staff (not including calc group members/content mods) properly reject it.
We actually do if it involves a calculation or the methods for calculating stuff are involved in it.

Well there is a rule regarding crt
You know, telling the user that it’s a rule instead of berating them with insults would have been nice (not you). But it seems staff couldn’t give a **** less unless it hurts them. Seeing as it took me (a normal user) to have to tell people to stop derailing and making fun of the user for a single staff member (out of the 3 in that thread) to do even something remotely helpful.
We actually do if it involves a calculation or the methods for calculating stuff are involved in it.
Is that the case with this thread ? No.

i mean i was getting hostile because of the lack of respect these people had, there was no argument against anything i said just insults but when i say insults im just the bad guy? and the rest just begs the question

i mean i was getting hostile because of the lack of respect these people had, there was no argument against anything i said just insults but when i say insults im just the bad guy? and the rest just begs the question
You have the right to report the users who you find were behaving offensively.

You know, telling the user that it’s a rule instead of berating them with insults would have been nice (not you). But it seems staff couldn’t give a **** less unless it hurts them. Seeing as it took me (a normal user) to have to tell people to stop derailing and making fun of the user for a single staff member (out of the 3 in that thread) to do even something remotely helpful.
The RVT is not the place to create this kind of drama, in fact, you should refrain from making such comments in the future. If you think there are issues with staff, go report them to Human Resources.

Is that the case with this thread ? No.
Yes it is. It discusses the validity of a calc based on it being an outlier or not, and we calc members are expected to have a firm grasp on the wiki's policies (Which includes Outliers) to make said decisions.

Back