• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omimi, if you make any rule violation claims in the future, actually make sure there's a violation. Calling out "derailment" for questioning an aspect of the calc that could invalidate it as damage and xulrev did is dishonest.

Anyway, I won't argue here and I'll let staff just check it out.

@Omimi You're trying to report Xulrev yet the ones who are actually doing report worthy stuff are MostPowerfull and AstralKing7 by calling him "useless", "nonsensical", and "blind."

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Omimi You're trying to report Xulrev yet the ones who are actually doing report worthy stuff are MostPowerfull and AstralKing7 by calling him "useless", "nonsensical", and "blind."

Oof when did I ever call someone out of their name??? This is lying and pretty sure it's worth a warning

I'm sorry, it just drives me crazy when I see this get cluttered up with accusations and mudslinging. I get it, it's easy to get angry, but people here are trying to do there jobs. You guys made your reports abd gave your arguments, just ket the staff sort it out.

But still, that was uncalled for and I'm sorry for snapping.

I also apologise for letting my past experiences with Xulrev negatively influence my handling of this situation.

It is possible that he was derailing the thread or even baiting others, but you still have to make an effort to maintain a reasonably civil conduct.

Antvasima said:
To return to a less controversial topic, I agree with DMUA about that we should get a rule that forbids general usage of the {{USERNAME}} script. It is a form of efficient trolling that destroys any serious thread that it is used on with derailment due to massive confusion, and it takes ages to remove all of the resulting posts.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3089235#180
Anyway, does somebody have a suggestion for a Discussion Rules regulation text?

• Be careful with the use of the {{USERNAME}} or {{Username}} template as their use causes an automatic replacement of said template with the visitor's nickname, which can confuse them into an unnecessary situation.
This is my interpretation of how the rule may look.

Would this be fine?

"Please refrain from using the {{USERNAME}} script unnecessarily, as it tends to cause confusion. It should only be used in the Fun and Games forum, and even then only sparsely."

{{Username}} should be also mentioned, and the ampersand should be replaced with "and". Then it's likely that it'll look good.

I replaced the ampersand.

I don't think that using both lower case and capital letters for the "Username" example seems necessary though.

Antvasima said:
I replaced the ampersand.

I don't think that using both lower case and capital letters for the "Username" example seems necessary though.
Well, both {{USERNAME}} and {{Username}} exist as individual scripts.

I will add the new rule then.

Crabwhale said:
Imma be honest, putting a rule specifically for the Username template seems a bit excessive, but I suppose you all make a good point.
It's just a general guideline so I don't really mind it.

AKM sama said:
Crabwhale said:
Imma be honest, putting a rule specifically for the Username template seems a bit excessive, but I suppose you all make a good point.
It's just a general guideline so I don't really mind it.
I already saw the {{USERNAME}} and {{Username}} templates used in CRT so I find a guideline is best to restrict them to the Fun and Games forum otherwise they will more confusions.

Here.

This is the same person I've seen complain here as well as on multiple staff's message walls about Bleach fans supposedly instigating flame wars on Naruto threads, or deliberately organizing in order to attempt to have Naruto downgraded.

Everyone else makes remarks of at least some substance, and the first thing he does is mention Bleach. Entirely irrelevant to the conversation. But he constantly demonizes Bleach supporters and paints them as those who instigate and start drama. His behavior is hypocritical and manipulative, and he has a long history of behavior like this. It's honestly annoying and takes any interest I have in the conversation away.

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Harassment_and_bullying

That's kinda just him reacting to Ant's announcement about the Bleach thing. It's not reportworthy.

Y didn't u just make a thread about all of it? Being in the rule discussion thread will make it worst because Blacke asking for a solution on staff walls doesn't fall under harassment and bullying at all.

Also manipulation is kinda a negative word I wouldn't used if he his merely looking for solutions from the staff

Honestly, the Naruto Vs Bleach drama really does need to be dealt with; I don't have enough time but both sides keep spamming the RVR thread and there is a mixture of both truths and hyperboles on both ends. But it's also wrong that both sides are trying to paint the other has being far worse when they're pretty evenly obnoxious.

A common problem about it is the fact that mods doesn't want to get involved into Naruto/Bleach thread, it decrease the most safe solution and leave the fanbase debate without restriction

I don't think it's bad to doesn't want to get involved in those thread (even i i won't) so we clearly need to find a solution.

I was evidently in the wrong to think that the Bleach side was mostly responsible for the drama, yes. Their past history clouded my sense of judgement.

I and Shadowbokunohero have given a suggestion for how to deal with this situation to the Human Resources group, and during the upcoming Naruto revision discussion, ONLY calc group members will be allowed to decide which calculations are most reliable. Everybody else will be forbidden to reply until they eventually reach a conclusion, and then that decision has to be adhered to.

Sorry to derail but this needs to be said.

I could have sworn that sometime, before I left the wikia for a while, I suggested that we make it a rule to not derail the RVT's with nonsense or drama and that if people did that, they'd get temporary bans. Is that still up in the air or no?

We cannot ban people over such a small violation. That would only worsen the situation.

Extreme cases are another issue.

Antvasima said:
We cannot ban people over such a small violation. That would only worsen the situation.
Extreme cases are another issue.
The bolded part is what I meant, sorry. Of course I dont mean just minor derails that get ended fairly quickly.

I mean drama that makes a huge derail in the thread and gets multiple warnings from staff to stop but gets ignored. If people are warned to stop, and continue to derail, the they should get temporary bans.

As Andytrenom said, we should drop this discussion now though. I will also have to restart this thread very soon.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3109327

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back