• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, technically we just try to index characters' powers and abilities as best we can. The versus part is just for our members to have some fun.

That's not what the name says but okay.

Edit: @Shadow I will stop but it wasn't just me. It's pretty rude to just single me about it. Direct it to everybody else.

Second Edit: Antvasima if you want to voice your reasons to me than go to my wall or just edit it in your comment above this. Let's not derail any further than this. Getting ticked that you would just do that right after Shadow told ME to stop. Makes me feel like a black person during the Jim Crow Laws.

I didn't pick the name, and renaming the site to "the character indexing statistics wiki" would not be as catchy. In addition, VS Battles has turned into our recognised brand name at this point.

Anyway, this is derailing, yes.

I'm here to report MYHERO for derailing a versus battle thread I created on Optimus Prime (TGO) vs Son Goku (DBGT) going as far as sending me threats despite me giving him a warning. Oh and he keeps on personally attacking me on every single versus thread I make.

Screenshot 20181229-022526 Chrome

I have been very derailing today I will admit. If you noticed how I was acting today, you will see that I am very clearly in a bad mood. Though unlike John, I do not make a habit of this. What I've done, should only strike as a warning and not a ban. (Then again other people have done rulebreaking things when they were in a bad mood, but no one gave them warnings. As a matter of fact everybody else derails in some way so why does it matter. Even the most civil admins contribute in this practice. I don't know why I should get singled out for it.)

Not only that, he keeps making stomp matches, bumping way too early, and hell in that Goku vs Optimus thread, he was also part of the reason why it was derailed in the first. He has over 2,000 edits, yet a person that only had barely over a hundred knows more about the site than he does. He's an obvious troll at this point, and it's best to send him packing.

@Antvasima Why don't you think he hasn't even responded to your warning yet huh?

@John And I wasn't attacking you either, I was just informing you that the matches you create are stomps. I keep coming back to your threads because you never fix your mistakes, no matter how much times you make it. No matter how much times we correct you.

Take this to your message walls. Sort it out with each other. Privately and maturely. Neither of these sound report-worthy

The RV thread should not be your first port of call when it comes to handling disagreements

Cena does not seem to be a troll, just somewhat clueless and obnoxious.

I do not think that either of you appear to have done anything bannable in this case.

@Crimson I'm sorry but I feel offended that you are grouping me with John. This ain't petty beef we're having. John has kept breaking the rules, he did again right now, and now that I'm reporting him for good, he feels attacked, he tries to do ban me as well.

Ban him, simple as that.

Antvasima said:
Cena does not seem to be a troll, just somewhat clueless and obnoxious.
I do not think that either of you appear to have done anything bannable in this case.
We have already given him warnings have we not? He overlooks these and just keeps breaking rules. Think about it. He has two thousand edits, keeps repeating rookie mistakes. There is a line between being clueless and just flat out not caring about anything but himself. I can't stress it enough, he has 3 warnings on his wall probably more. Those 3 consecutive warnings have been ignored, can you really chalk it up to him just not being smart as us? If we're going to grant this man a jail free card, we can at least ban him from making vs matches. I know I have zero power here, and my opinion doesn't mean much to any of you, so I can kiss John's chances of being full out blocked goodbye, but this should at least be enough no?

So Optimus Prime (TGO) vs Son Goku (DBGT) is considered a stomp thread, even though both fighter are either 3-B or 3-A, speed is equalized, and neither has hax over each other. You see? MYHERO is playing games with you! Next thing he is gonna say is Goku vs Vegeta is considered a stomp thread because all version of Goku is stronger than all version of Vegeta!

Crimson Azoth said:
Take this to your message walls. Sort it out with each other. Privately and maturely. Neither of these sound report-worthy

The RV thread should not be your first port of call when it comes to handling disagreements
I agree with this.

As Crimson said, immediately stop derailing this thread.

@MyHero and @JohnCenaNation Both of you, please stop derailing the Rule Violations thread. Message Walls still exist for a reason yes.

Anyway, MyHero was at least reporting for a reason. JohnCenaNation has gotten multiple warnings for both repeatedly creating stomp threads, and being quite rude to others who disagree with him. And was even given a final warning to stop or he will get a temporary block. Not saying he needs to, but what does need to be done is for this thread to stop getting derailed and perhaps for derailed posts to get removed.

That seems appropriate for now yes. And in the future, he can earn his right to make threads again by showing he won't continue this behavior.

I have to report user Udlmaster for his continuous troubling behavior in this thread and the WoD thread before.

He's shown to be continually stubborn, incapable of handling diverging opinions, and particularly centered around seeing me as an enemy. He's accused me of being blind, of having no credibility in my arguments, of being "malevolent" against the series, and has continually distorted my arguments with the use of strawmans. And despite requests for him to slow down and calm his behavior, he's never stopped.

Udl, did you not hear PaChi2's post above? This is doing the opposite of your favor. And yes, calling someone "malevolent" repeatedly just because they disagree with you, calling them blind, and dismissing and strawmaning their every argument over the course of multiple threads is report worthy. You need to shapen up your behavior from here forward.

Matthew, don't silence opposition to you, people opposing you shouldn't be silence and be reported for "being stubborn"

And you're continuing the argument.

I'm not silencing opposition, I'm reporting troublesome behavior. When someone starts to accuse me of using fallacies repeatedly, ignore arguments, acuse me of blindness and malevolence, this is where it ceases to be a disagreement in a discussion and becomes something more.

So again, I request you to accept the warning for what it is, and put some effort into not doing that again in the future. Is that so hard?

A light warning is probably enough. Udlmaster isn't a bad guy, he is just over-enthusiastic and rather singleminded.

Well, I have already told Matthew that he needs to try to be more polite in the linked thread in question, but don't think that he behaved worse.

Also Udl is just supposed to get a light instruction "warning" about trying to be more reasonable, not remotely a ban threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back