• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
┘àÏ¡┘àÏ» Ï╣┘é┘èÏ¿ said:
I was speaking my language Arabic and then he kicked me
And what exactly were you saying in your native language?

From what Agnaa and Dargoo are saying, it seems he thought you were suspicious.

Dude it's pretty sketchy to just show up in chat and start speaking a different language on a site where most users primarily speak English, especially with our sockpuppet issue. A kick doesn't really mean much, seems this was just a misunderstanding and we can all move on. Doesn't make King racist.

Kuroiha said:
┘àÏ¡┘àÏ» Ï╣┘é┘èÏ¿ said:
I was speaking my language Arabic and then he kicked me
From what Agnaa + Dargoo is saying, it seems they thought you were suspicious.
I was telling people not to be racist because i have bad past experiences of racism on other sites

If you want to keep talking about this, take it to someone's message wall and link that discussion back here, you're all flooding the thread.

@Crimson

@Wok

@Shadow

Stop assuming. Please, it's just making you guys look bad, as the user has yet to do anything. Even saying "I think..." etc. can make you look in the wrong out of context.

And yes, discussion should stop now.

From what Agnaa + Dargoo is saying, it seems they thought you were suspicious.

I was telling people not to be racist because i have bad past experiences of racism on other sites

Ok, just stick to English next time. People tend to find it suspect when a new guy shows up speaking a completely different language then the rest of the chat. Besides, making racist remarks is ban worthy, you'll be safe here.

I won't lie, everything about this guy, from name, profile picture and profile description is suspicious.

It's totally normal for a random user to arrive in a Vs Debating wiki with an arabic username, a Quoran profile picture, a user profile talking about how he is a proud muslim, and posting mostly stock phrases in Arabic, or just straight up posting "Thank Muhammed!" in English.

Nevermind that he only has 13 global edits (Same number as his VBW edits), meaning that this is literally the first time he's ever logged and posted on Fandom... And he immediately knew to come to the RV thread and report when he was kicked to try and make a fuss about it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I won't lie, everything about this guy, from name, profile picture and profile description is suspicious.
Matt, no. Wait until he actually does something. Don't jump the gun over a misunderstanding.

Matt was just stating an opinion and agreeing with statements previously stated. He wasn't trying to specifically harm him.

I already asked to stop discussion as what's needed to be said has already been said, I'm removing comments after this one.

If I have to state my reasons, I'll do it once I've made it back to secure my bed.

In the meantime, do what Dargoo says and drop it. This is already becoming far more of a spectacle than it needed to be, and it's only going to get worse if it keeps on.

(If I'm ninja'd by anyone, sorry. I'm on my phone right now, and it takes me longer to type on it.)

What Assaltwaffle told me:

"Yeah, that's about me. Not only were his statements insanely generic and stereotypical, but why would you type Arabic in a chat that you see full well is speaking English?"

I agree with Matthew. The member in question seems too new and to behave in a too generic manner not to be a troll trying to be subtly provocative by using Google Translate.

There is no good reason for him to suddenly show up in an English wiki, and the first thing he does is post generic concerns in Arabic, just to provoke a situation. Not to mention that he is familiar with the rule violation thread.

Just to clear up, the user may or may not have been familiar with the rule violation thread. After they got kicked they joined back and asked where they can report people, and I linked them the rule violation thread.

Mind you, we have had several productive Arabic-speaking members, such as ALRF and Basilisk1995, but the first thing that they did here isn't to start making a big issue about it.

He probably checked the recent activity lol. And you can follow wikis without actually having an acc, and you can make an acc for the sole purpose of being involved. It's what everyone does. Not saying that dude ain't suspicious Just adressing those parts

Just to tie up loose ends...

Me coming in and dropkicking him out of chat wasn't for no reason. I fed all of what he said to Google Translate the minute I saw it, and it struck me as troll material. One of the very first things he said was something to the effect of "Hello, I am Arabic, and I praise all of the Muhammad". (YMMV on translation accuracy, there) And not even three posts later, he's talking about racism and telling people not to be racist even though nobody had even bothered to acknowledge his race up to that point.

I've been around the block a few times. This is far from the first user I've come across who does shit like this, and I wasn't in the mood to let it continue. Frankly, my only lapse in judgment was leaving before I could see that I was going to have to explain myself. I figured all of the signs were obvious enough, and my attention immediately went elsewhere afterwards.

That he reported me claiming that I kicked him out of something as petty as racism only serves to make me certain that he's nothing but a troll who's here to make trouble. And as much as I appreciate Dargoo giving him the benefit of the doubt (most people deserve a fair trial, after all), I really don't see him being anything else.

(I'm almost certain I've posted this well after the issue has been dealt with, since again, I can't type very fast on my phone. Disregard that. Still, I'm only posting this to make sure my intentions aren't questioned by anyone)

People like him seek attention and validation for whatever reason. Like a troll, we can see if they'll be smart enough to make a genuine effort to be a contributing member or a nuisance. I'll watch him in chat.

^Comically missing the point.

It doesn't matter, though. I've already decided to have no more involvement in this, so whatever happens next is up to the other staff members.

Honestly, to me it feels like he entered the wiki prepared to get someone into trouble.

Of course me getting that impression isn't enough for any drastic action to be taken against him, but i think we should definitely be keeping an eye on him.

I agree with MrKingOfNegativity.

My instincts regarding situations such as this is that the new member, who is most likely not a Muslim, just an imposter, is planning to provoke continuous situations wherein somebody replies with something that can potentially be interpreted as "Islamophobic" by the Fandom staff, and then report them to get more otherwise well-behaved and productive members banned.

A normal, non-trolling, member does not talk or introduce himself in this manner. It is probably safest to ban him.

I would prefer to wait for him to prove himself as a troll before actually banning him.

But if others think it is best to get rid of him before he causes more problems, i'll understand.

I think that he is dangerous, and will get productive members with lots of edits banned if we allow him to remain.

The first thing that he did was also to edit his userpage 10 times (in the standard troll manner to quickly access the chat) by proclaiming:

"Hello, name Mohammed Aqeeb/Akeib. I'm from Islam. I don't speak english well, but I am trying to. I am a proud Muslim, who believe in Mohammed. I have a picture of quran as my profile picture so I want people to know I'm a proud Muslim."

So he supposedly does not even live in a specific country, but rather lives in "Islam", and tries way too hard to repeat generic mantras.

I definitely think that he is a troll, and have banned him to stay on the safe side and protect our established and productive members from being banned by Fandom.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2238055

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back