• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:The_Christian_Nerd?useskin=oasis

I really didn't want to do this but this person really needs a much more strict warning

As you can see on his wall he's already gotten two warnings from both me and Repp about making Edits to profiles without a CRT or URL.

I let him off with a warning the previous time despite him making edits without making a CRT, and then just now Cole MacGrath gets Edited to High 6A with absolutely zero knowledge this happened whatsoever

I also suspect Christian might be a sock of TeenAngel as Just like Teen he frequently made Edits to inFAMOUS profiles without a CRT, but I don't have enough evidence for now

The Wright Way said:
I see little difference between the two. He claims Medaka has tier 2 has when he used to argue for tier 1. That's it. He still deserves the ban as it's perfectly in character to do this.
To my knowledge that's not ban worthy. Arguing for why someone/thing might be tier 2 when it used to have "in this very wiki" that tier is not ban worthy, wanking is not ban worthy.

Regarding The Christian Nerd, I thought that he edited the inFAMOUS profiles based on accepted calculation blogs, but I may be mistaken and have made a blunder when monitoring his edits. My apologies in that case.

To my knowledge that's not ban worthy. Arguing for why someone/thing might be tier 2 when it used to have "in this very wiki" that tier is not ban worthy, wanking is not ban worthy.

It is when you ignore profiles and current site standards completely, change goalposts to fit your needs, and do everything in your power to make your favorite character win. You've learned nothing from your previous ban, you attempt to slant your threads in favor of your favorites, and accuse other people of bias and "not trying" when you're arguments have been debunked completely. You're unbelievably stubborn and just unpleasant. You're not here to debate, you're here to make your favorite character seem good. If it were up to me, you'd have been banned forever a long time ago, but this is a good second.

Firephoenixearl said:
Yobobojojo said:
Wanking that creates massive toxicity and ignores requests to desist is however.
Me arguing for a character i think should win is a bad thing/ban worthy? Come on.
you've said that Medaka/Kumagawa/AF is 2-C more times than i can count and justify it with repeatedly refuted arguments

Me arguing for a character i think should win is a bad thing/ban worthy? Come on.

Once again, that wasn't my point.

@Saikou and other staff members

What do you think that we should do about Firephoenixearl?

Also, everybody avoid making this into a bickering discussion thread please.

It's best we look at several (recent, not past examples that he could've matured from) examples an determine whether or not he's directly attempting to instigate arguments.

If he's saying that one character would win but his vote can be overshadowed, then I don't see how that could be a problem if it's just a majority vote scenario where one person disagrees from the rest.

Antvasima said:
Regarding The Christian Nerd, I thought that he edited the inFAMOUS profiles based on accepted calculation blogs, but I may be mistaken and have made a blunder when monitoring his edits. My apologies in that case.
High 6A was not accepted, we had multiple threads On High 6A Cole both not even having a feat and being an outlier

@HI3 It's still not ban worthy.

@The Wright Way There has never been a ban for thinking differently. Arguing for why Goku beats Reinhard doesn't get someone banned m8. It's just an opinion.

"you're unpleasant" That's just your personal opinion of me. Other ppl won't say the same thing, everyone is hated by at least someone, some more some less. There are people who don't dislike me. Your opinion of me doesn't mean it's banworthy.

@Fire, it is when you bring it up in every thread, act like AF or BM are the be-all-end-all of abilities and either ignore or "refute" anyone who points you out on this

@Gargoyle One

Well, I suppose that somebody should revert all of his statistics change edits then. A block might also be in order.

This thread has now just turned into Bashing Earl. Great. Earl is stubborn, but its usually the responses that get toxic. Its the general bias against Medaka Box in combonation with Earl's stubbornness that gets toxic

@Zany We've recently had a case where he dragged on an otherwise unanimous thread with his own debunked arguments, while firmly believing that he had debunked everyone's else argument. A thread where he was the OP no less.

He also recently came on the Strongest Per Tier thread to push for his own characters for 8-B when the strongest of them had already lost to stronger characters.

There is also the case of Sirzechs vs Nihilus, which was deliberately modified to grant Sirzechs a win when he was in the process of losing.

I love it when people about to be banned don't directly address why they're being banned.

@Zany he's attempted to influence his threads that he himself made to make his favorite characters win. He did that earlier today even. Him being biased in normal discussions is not the main point here.

Also, this is no longer something we can just brush under the rug. At this point, regardless of who was more toxic, it's clear that his presence and actions have consistently led to toxicity and have very little merit the majority of the time.

@Saikou

that Strongest comment is rather out of context. He did make the point that 8-B Medaka is weaker than Kumagawa in general. So his point is not as redicules as you make it sound. that is rather disingenuous, even if I disagree with his point

Gargoyle One said:
I also suspect Christian might be a sock of TeenAngel as Just like Teen he frequently made Edits to inFAMOUS profiles without a CRT, but I don't have enough evidence for now
Christian actually maintains the same FCOC Profile Teen made, it's likely him.

Okay, so a permanent ban for Christian then and 3-6 months for Firephoenixearl?

Somebody needs to undo all of the former's unauthorised statistics changes to the inFAMOUS profiles though.

Antvasima said:
Okay, so a permanent ban for Christian then and 3-6 months for Firephoenixearl?
Somebody needs to undo all of the former's unauthorised statistics changes to the inFAMOUS profiles though.
I believe we are still discussing if the stuff for Fire is even ban worthy

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Zany We've recently had a case where he dragged on an otherwise unanimous thread with his own debunked arguments, while firmly believing that he had debunked everyone's else argument. A thread where he was the OP no less.

He also recently came on the Strongest Per Tier thread to push for his own characters for 8-B when the strongest of them had already lost to stronger characters.

There is also the case of Sirzechs vs Nihilus, which was deliberately modified to grant Sirzechs a win when he was in the process of losing.
I believe a warning (strict or not, I'm not too keen) could do, then; it's best to inform him that he should avoid dragging on threads in such manner in addition to not tweaking matches in the middle of a fight to make one character intentionally stomp one another. If his evidence is debunked but he keeps trying to present it repeatedly, then it would be best to ignore him (assuming it is a versus thread) and make a vote based on the currently given evidence; if a majority vote can outclass a singular vote, then I believe it should not be too much of a problem (sans if he attempts to openly insult and harass people over it, but I don't believe he has done that from what I've seen).

As for the 'strongest character' thread part; believing that a specific character is the strongest of their tier doesn't sound bad if someone else is responsible for gauging for determining that. Otherwise, more details could be appreciated.

@Zanybrainy2000

Stop. He's been warned time and again and it doesn't stick. He's banned before and it still didn't stick. He knows the rules and doesn't care.

Yobobojojo said:
Iapitus, I would suggest expanding on what you mean by "bias against Medaka"
I mean exactly what it sounds like. I have literally talked with other users who aren't even huge fans and the describe having their points in support of her actively ignored in favor of her opposing sides. If you look at the threads of people actively voting against Doctor Doom just to spite matt, you see very similar activity on many threads with Medaka in them. part of the bias against her is in response to Fire's BS, but even before he can around it still existed. When a thread with downgrades for Medaka comes in, it often gets spammed with support. But anyway, this may not be the place to discuss it further

well, I will probably be the devil's advocate but I think that give him a last chance is good but he must understand why he is in this situation

The Causality said:
well, I will probably be the devil's advocate but I think that give him a last chance is good but he must understand why he is in this situation
I think he understands perfectly well. He just doesn't care.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Anyway, I believe a sort of more specific punishment would be good for Fire. Like him not being allowed to create VS Matches or something
Not being allowed to participate in versus threads at all would probably be a better restriction in that case.

I also think that Firephoenixearl seems to have worked off all of his last chances already, unless others here think that a permanent restriction to avoid Medaka Box and versus threads would be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back