• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently people can't read. Did Antvasima not make a thread about this and did Ryukama not make a post where everyone agreed (as shown by the sheer number of kudos that it got) clearly saying that people here are uh...people? No one should still be behaving like this. We're still recovering from that, most importantly staff. No one should be overly sensitive nor overly agressive about this stuff, especially Devil May Cry (what are we, Zimatorn?) And most importantly, it's 2018 people, try to get along. Play nice or suffer the consequences. At this point we're going in circles.

Matthew Schroeder said:
They are socks of Kylo who is a sock of Mikoto. o3o
Actually pretty damn likely, since Rapid, Charger and Adobe appeared mere days after Kyle's ban and were called out as Mikoto socks just like he was.

Also, Matt was not too rude in the DMC thread. People shouldn't be so oversensitive. He does stuff like this in most threads, nobody even baits an eye. Why do it now?

And I definitely agree with what he said.

Mentioning Naruto is also a false equivalence. Madara had an actual Sub-Relativistic feat in the manga and Toneri's feat was recalculated. DMC is an entirely different can of worms where the god-tiers are 100% featless and have to be powerscaled.

Just saying. I don't want to derail this thread, but I did feel bothered by this witch hunt.

I wasn't trying to break any discussion rules. I didn't even know it was a discussion rule. Actually, it wasn't a discussion rule. It was just added to the discussion rules at the end of the thread. I didn't know any sort of rule existed for it. I hadn't even debated on the subject before. I just asked to see the feat, and it lead to that. It definitely similarly rash to, according to you, similarly perform im such a rash manner as you said, "doing stuff like that in most threads". I literally just asked what the feat was and went from there, I didn't break any rules. I didn't do anything wrong.

There's a huge difference between being frank and being condescending, which is something I feel like most of this site doesn't want to understand. The last part is not directed at you, before you say I'm being rude.

Matt is constantly as frank as possible on threads. This is literally the only time I've seen people getting mad about it. He does have the right to do it, and it is a justification, because it indicates something has changed when it literally hasn't.

I wasn't going to go that far, but let's go with the hypothetical aspiration that I literally was just trying to go against the Discussion Rules(I wasn't). If I just went down the list of Discussion Rules making threads about every banned topic, and did it enough times, as in "doing this stuff in every thread", I surely wouldn't last.

Kepekley23 said:
There's a huge difference between being frank and being condescending, which is something I feel like most of this site doesn't want to understand. The last part is not directed at you, before you say I'm being rude.
Matt is constantly as frank as possible on threads. This is literally the only time I've seen people getting mad about it. He does have the right to do it, and it is a justification, because it indicates something has changed when it literally hasn't.
She*

(cuz its a girl)

and it is a justification, because it indicates something has changed when it literally hasn't.

As I said, if it was rash behaviour that has been enduring for awhile(I'm not saying it is, but that's the way it is worded), then the simple fact it has been like that a long time is not enough justification for it to continue.

>avi girl

>Kep calls her a girl

uhhh... maybe? no wait, likely girl

not a place to discuss gender but mat is a guy anyway its derailment...

BattleReviews said:
Kefla is a dude, and i am a skeleton indeed
ok battle stop this isn't a place to discuss who's gender is what drop it. This thread is for actual violations of the rules so leave it

Matthew didn't behave particularly badly in that thread though. As Kepekley said, he communicates in a frank manner, and is a massive help to our community. Let's not overreact about this.

That said, I have been talking in private with him about the situation.

I just went through the entire DMC thread. I know absolutely nothing about the verse and just checked to see those so-called "attacks and insults".

There weren't any at all, neither "personal attacks" nor "insults". Only some people being sensitive and overreacting a bit. The closest it got to "attacking" was Matt vs UMR, and that only happened because Matt and Promestein came to the conclusion (?) that UMR was making things personal even though it didn't seem he was, to me. Nobody "seeked confrontations" with Matt, people were just discussing the possibility of changes and somewhere along the line, some started overreacting.

Calm down. There's no reason to ban or even warn anyone. DMC is a big franchise, so I'd say it's expected there are heated discussions from time to time.

Meanwhile, all Sparda ever wanted in this thread was an answer to a speed feat, and he got almost completely ignored. Poor guy

We are obviously not going to ban anybody.

The seek confrontations comment was due to that I had received a complaint that a specific member had done so previously, but it was likely inappropriate.

Anyway, again, let's all try not to overreact to others simply disagreeing with us. Thank you.

There's only one solution to this. Stop overreacting. For those with paranoia, talk to someone in private. Let them know why you feel paranoid about a certain person's behavior and they can ascertain whether or not the person(s) really is behaving inappropriately or if it is just you being a bit paranoid. Communication guys, learn it.

Now, that should be the last of that. Unless someone has anything constructive to add, we should drop this little banter.

I just woke up not long ago. And I see a large discussion related to me ahead. Here's my side of things:

Firstly, I am not confrontational or condescending, I am upfront. I tell people what I think to their faces, often employing some degree of humor or irony or jokeful similes to better convey my point. I am never attacking the person I'm debating with directly, I am attacking their arguments. I point and poke holes at their structure, and show how thin and weightless it really is.

This has literally never been a problem to anyone. Nobody ever complaints about it nor is it perceived as rude or bullying by anyone. It was only yesterday on that Devil May Cry thread that it suddenly became a problem, with users taking offense to it. This is due to over-sensitivity, which was an issue in the thread, even for myself I admit.

In my own defense, I have been dealing with aggressive attitude from the Devil May Cry fandom for over a year now, not just here but in many other sites. There are people who feel really strongly about Devil May Cry, and really, really, really want the characters to be above what they are accurately ranked as. I've mentioned this time and again, but Zimatorn has literal dozens of nearly one-hour long videos filled to the brim with insults directed at me. It's not quite what Antvasima goes through with BG, but it's close.

While the people on the wiki are nowhere near as bad, I still occasionally go through the same stress when dealing with Devil May Cry. Every single thread is the same, with the exact same arguments being used over and over, regardless of how many times they've been addressed (If you look at the thread, the discussion is scarily circular with people bringing up a point, I answering it, and then the point simply being brought up again as the answer, forcing me to respond to it again and again, which gets very irksome very quickly).

I both confess and admit that I became aggressive on that thread, but between the sheer frequency with which 3-A / 4-A Devil May Cry come up, a few veiled accusations of bias, downplay, etc, posts like this, and the thread being derailed with Bayonetta being brought up, I had reason to become irritated as I did.

I also stayed awake long after the point of health to debate there.

Am I in the right and the people who debated against me in the wrong? No, neither are, and I do try to not be confrontational and aggressive in other threads, but in order for this to work it needs to go both ways. I'd really appreciate if I didn't have to deal with discussions of Universal Mundus (Which was what that thread was, just vaguely disguised and becoming less disguised as it went on) in every single thread about Devil May Cry.

Dragon Ariia said:
I do the same thing, and someone accused me of trying to cause trouble when I don't
Attack anybody
People are far too sensitive. They should debate on the OBD for a day to see what true aggressive debating is. VBW is literally the most peaceful and polite VsBoard by far.

LIke ok I make some jokes but that's when I think what they said can easily be debunked like when someone said naruto' clones are as durable as him, so I made a joke about how he must have cardboard durability. I agree that the wiki should be a little less sensitive, me making a joke isn't being shady. I actually love this wiki, but people shouldn't see it as trash talking, I make sure to choose my words carefully, and I will never attack another member, will I make some jokes? Yes I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back