• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidents is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Wikia Staff, to politely request permanent IP blocks.

Note: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Note: It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get in trouble yourself from the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com/captures

https://imgur.com/

https://imageshack.us

About the Aizen ban (Sorry for bringing it up, didn't get a chance to talk in the other thread):

It is perfectly understandable that some people are irritated at it. I myself have been very sad when some friends of mine were banned. Back in 2016 when Misaka Mikoto was first banned, I was outspokenly against it and vouched for her repeatedly, but as she proved to continuously be problematic, I could do nothing but accepted the correct decision.

Same with ChuChu, who I vouched for but got similarly out of control.

In regards to Aizen, he wasn't banned due to some conspiratory reason like "Let's downgrade Bleach more", or anything of the sort, but due to consistent drama and growing tension in the wiki that kept coming to the surface due to repeated trolling and negative behavior, and complaints from multiple Admins for months on end.

If you were his friend, I understand that you are sad or angry, and I'm sorry for you. But you'll obviously be able to keep in touch with him, either through other wikis or through Discord / Skype chat or whatnot.

Just don't start bashing the wiki as a whole due to the decision. Thank you.

Now this isn't exactly Ban worthy and I'm sure just a warning is good enough, but this is just dumb.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1380120?useskin=oasis

"So your protecting this logic because most people agree with it? O guess god exists then"

Now ignoring the fact that he decides to bring up his own views of God of all things in a versus thread, this guy just doesn't get what's explained to him repeatedly regarding the sites rules and how we treat certain things, not worthy of a ban as much as I despise people who drop religious or otherwise views in a versus thread, but still just a warning.

That does seem toxic, but some other users weren't exactly keep a level head either. It may be wise to keep an eye on him but I don't think action needs to be taken right now.

I think he hates the girl princess character with a burning passion, but he did insult the op so yeah a warning (an less he was joking even then that still pretty rude)

Just to clarify, no one here should be swearing like sailors and getting away with it. Saying a few words here and there is one thing, but going full Rated R mode and dropping a swear every other word isn't the kind of atmosphere we should be allowing to manifest. That of course only applies to the forums and definitely wiki articles.

Wiki pages = No swearing whatsoever

Forums = Mild swearing is ok (PG 13 and whatnot)

Chat = Anything that isn't vulgar/disgusting language, racial slurs, hate speech, and all that jazz.

That's...a grammar issue, not an insult.

Pardon my French, but he said "**** you mean", not "**** you". Easy to misread due to lack of punctuation, but yeah.

This user is being quite rude to Dino Ranger Black as seen on here. He also directly insulted the wiki as a whole. Also appears hostile on this thread

This sounds possibly block worthy considering he's already had some warnings and a couple blocks in the past. Or at the very least a warning not to accuse staff members not being uncaring towards opinion.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
This user is being quite rude to Dino Ranger Black as seen on here. He also directly insulted the wiki as a whole.
This sounds block worthy considering he's already had some warnings and a couple blocks in the past.
A one year ban or atleast a 6 month ban seems fair to me

Also, looking at the thread, there should be a discussion rule about the Mario thing

Okay, how exactly is this being rude? He was a unfriendly, yes, but that is definitely not worth a Year ban. He did not even insult anyone, just said that he thinks Dino does not care about his opinion. I would think he was just majorly annoyed that someone closed his thread, which might have taken him quite a lot of Research to do, without even leaving a reason. If anything, he just stated his Opinion brutally honest.

Yeah that isn't a cause to ban someone. Unless he becomes blatantly hostile we can't punish people for expressing opinions. If anything that would just confirm his dislike of the rigidness of the site.

I don't think action needs to be taken there, but we should keep an eye on him in the future.

I also do not think that he seems to be doing anything block-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back