• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are never going to convince weekly this thread will keep going in circles.

> weekly says she is too fast.

> Naruto has clones and can eventually attack from her blind spot when her intang is down.

> One shot will bascialy be hit for her.

> weekly says she is too fast.

over and over this is why I wanted to stop in the last thread.

also, wouldent naruto or hes clones transform into a weapon or an object to surptise attack ruby like with zabuza?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
also, wouldent naruto or hes clones transform into a weapon or an object to surptise attack ruby like with zabuza?
I have said that multiple times weekly's answer is always "Nope too slow".

but... what? zabuza was quiet a bit faster as well, its about the fact that the surprise would make her stop a second

Huesito88 said:
was zabuza 2 times faster? didn't zabuza underestimate Naruto?
zabuza was as fast as kakashi, and he fell for it because it was a trick (sasuke threw a fuja/gigant shuriken, which was deflected, and there was another one in its shadow, which got blocked, and it tourned out that the second one was narutos clone, zabuza got surprised)

its not the speed but the fact that the shock factor should be more than useful against a girl who belives that a person should normaly have one power and has never faced shapeshifting

There's thousands of ways Naruto can get hits off, if not getting a stray hit through attrition. And when he does, he won't stop hitting her, pounding her over and over again until she loses. I already told weekly that being 2x faster isn't as much of a gap as they think. Average human cop vs Usain Bolt with Bruce Lee's combat speed. Bolt might be faster, but the average human can still see him moving. An army of average humans would give him trouble as well, as unlike in his movies, they will dog pile him. The difference between the humans is about 2x. Same thing here.

can they shapeshift into a throwable weapon to surprise attack an enemy, and are they self aware and capable of being created in the hundreds and substituting with an object?

Also, Kid Naruto was Supersonic+ at best, while Zabuza was MHS+, since Kakashi's physical stats should be comparable to top tiers, even in the beginning of the series. He's one of the best Jonin in the leaf, a high tier Anbu character, superior to lots of people who should be at that speed. So... No, Zabuza got out skilled there, for a brief second.

Huesito88 said:
why are we using real life examples to fiction?
Because a point is being made it does not matter that is fiction or not. It is the exact same circmstances. And fiction really does nto treat stat gap of only 2 times as huge. Only if it involves something that has a much lower value (like 10 times at least) and if you want to really do that then Naruto's AP gap would have to be regarded as her being unable to harm hi in any way.

Huesito88 said:
why are we using real life examples to fiction?
its called giving exemples, and because its the first thing that comes to mind. mizuki, aspy of orochimaru and a chuunin was owherwelmed by naruto despite obviusly being faster, and gaara, who was ichibi amped was also getting beaten down and not given time to rest, and with treansformation and clonespamming, o dont see ruby doing much, because much like with harry potters abilities, she may have nice hax, but she doesent seem to use it all that much

Chartate101 said:
you can't disregard a vote just because you don't agree with it lmao
if the reasons given arent legit and have been debunked they can be, much like in blake versus darui there were votes for blake in versatility despite her having nothing on him in it

Chartate101 said:
you can't disregard a vote just because you don't agree with it lmao
Ruby fra is not something that you can agree with it is a statement with no value especially when those resaons are being scrutinized it is a dsbating side. When clear bias is shown you disregard it. Only the OP has the power to do that though.

Huesito88 said:
I know it's called giving a example, but real life to fiction shouldn't be used a example :/
Why not as long as it is right in context. Only time you would be irght is when describing the physics of an event. Example: humans can not go faster than hypersonic speeds without any sort of protective equipment.

Huesito88 said:
I know it's called giving a example, but real life to fiction shouldn't be used a example :/
i guess that using real world phisics calculation shouldent be used either than huh...

but no, that is like saying "sure, it may be what would happen here, but how do you know it would be logucal in fiction?"

there is nothing really having been argued against it

i mean, unless i missed it, i lost how ruby would overcome narutos clone spamming while he can make two thousent of them at age 12

@Ricsi I'm talking about stats from real life to fiction in some stories even a small boost in power or speed can mean blitzing or one shoting

Huesito88 said:
@Ricsi I'm talking about stats from real life to fiction in some stories even a small boost in power or speed can mean blitzing or one shoting
Not at all. if you can provide me an example then please do. Also it is up to us to decide how the difference of 2 x speed will work. If not we could use narrative to decide any match. "This guy is 9-A but he is the hero of this story so obviously he can smash this 5-A villain character".

Huesito88 said:
but, it doesent here, especialy with how naruto has a three timees dura than ruby and that he has quiet a few ways to surprise her

Huesito88 said:
What will 3 times durabilty mean then? Cause by your logic Ruby can not touch Naruto at all cause she will not hurt him. No matter how hard she tries.

Edit: Blake to Ruby

Rocker1189 said:
What will 3 times durabilty mean then? Cause by your logic Blake can not touch Naruto at all cause she will not hurt him. No matter how hard she tries.
ruby, not naruto

Fiction doesn't have internal consistency within it's own verses half the time, creating PIS and CIS. This method is much better, considering that characters in combat should still be considered to have the same rules for reactions and difficulty with speed-- and if you wanna go that route, not only is it demonstrated that characters who are far outclassed in speed can still fight speedsters in fiction (see, Hit vs Dyspo, Gohan and Frieza vs Dyspo, etc.), But sometimes that gap in speed is just a disadvantage, not enough to blitz.

The definition of a speed gap without setting numerical standards is subjective. You could say that because she's 1.1111x faster, she blitzes him-- when in actuality, a better method of doing so is going by what we do, and checking the difference it requires to blitz us. Fiction treats speed consistently like this as well.

Another example is Lee vs Sasuke. Sasuke was able to perceive Lee's movements, but there was still a speed gap significant enough to make his offense devastating.

Here, we have clones. Lots of them. While the anime and manga have demonstrated this ability to overwhelm the characters with numbers to be iffy at times, there are plenty of examples for it, as well as explainations that can brush away the lower end instances.

Greatest examples for it are "Naruto vs Gaara, Naruto vs Pain, Naruto vs Madara's attack against the Shinobi Alliance."

Detractions: Naruto vs Sasuke on the roof and in the anime during the valley fight pre time skip. Not only did Sasuke have the Sharingan at the VoE, boosting his reactions to make it even harder to hit him, but Naruto still managed to grab him by the legs and throw him in a clone tornado against the side of a mountain. Kimimaro vs Naruto-- Kimimaro was severely superior to him in every way, including combat range, since he can just make spikes appear everywhere out of his back-- I think he actually did that, iirc. Neji vs Naruto, he managed to clock Neji when he was off guard, which would be able to be created often in a fight like this. Honestly, the stuff with the rooftop could be considered an outlier of effectiveness.

In short, characters can have a speed gap and not always blitz another character. Just like in real life. Therefore, finding the ratio of what it would take to blitz a real life person and applying it to characters, who consistently perceive their super speed movements in the same way we perceive our normal movements is the best way.

2x isn't that big. Hell, you would have to be 6x faster to be FTE, like a bullet in the perception of a normal person.

Can we just close this and add this already? It's basically the same thing, nothing really changed. There's like a few votes for both sides but the gap didn't get closed. Would save everyone a lot of time. I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Can we just close this and add this already? It's basically the same thing, nothing really changed. There's like a few votes for both sides but the gap didn't get closed. Would save everyone a lot of time. I know I'm not the only one thinking this.
I would love to, but I dont think we are allowed to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back