• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Just for clarification, was he casual with it?

You should also get a CRT for that... Unless that destroys scaling...?

Idk the RWBYverse.

But, I will edit that list of stuff. Doesn't that make her stronger than Rasenshuriken?! Why is that restricted then?

Does that scale to her AP, or does that break the scaling for the verse. I think it does if that guy's a tier higher than her in the verse

Ruby definitely isn't 7-b she got destroyed by Tyrian. It's that it can take hits from 7-b characters and not go down like Cinder's fireball and Tyrian. But it isn't 7-b since it can be taken down by 8-a's. It's just it'll take longer obviously.

Ohh...? Then... Hmm... She just gains a resilience edge then, which makes it so she'll take more than a couple hits. But, again, one hit and that leads to thousands, which should put her down, even with her Aura.

So, from these points, I say Naruto has it. He has the AP advantage already using Rasengan, and as I keep saying, once he has her, he'll just pound her with them until he wins. And he has multiple ways to do this due to ninja tactics.

I mean, I can already see that reverse harem justu coming out. He developed that over the time skip. When Ruby blasts through the clones, he'll have them disperse, making her chase some of them-- or she stands still for a second to think and he pops out from the ground and Rasengans, followed by another rain of blue spiralling death while she's in hitstun. And then, well, it's only a matter of time before the rain stops, along with her heart or will to fight. And he can do this in multiple ways when she's tangible, able to actually fight her due to the speed differences being not significant enough for perception to be much different for both of them.

Turns into a bunch of rocks, trash, leaves, whatever you'd be surrounded by, even her own roses, and then dog pile her with Rasengan. All of the things he can do to score hits.

Ruby is quit literally too oblivious for that to work on her. Trying to grab her results in her using her semblance to get away, im not entirely sure you understand just how much mobility it gives her, would you like scans? She can also do the same thing to a lesser extend while she's tangible by using her rifle to propel herself.

She can become intangible even in contact with someone? What about while she gets hit, or in between being comboed.

And are you sure? I mean, even Kaguya was stunned by the reverse harem, them Bois was.... Mmm... Lol

Didn't Ruby like some guy? I really doubt she wouldn't at least be confused for a second, all he needs, and hits her with an Odama Rasengan...

This match has been concluded the moment Burning finished it off.

Intangibility really helps Ruby survive. It really does. It keeps her mobile and all. But at the same time she's been numerously tagged so many times. And did she even use it once in Volume 5 much? I'm trying to recall because she only often uses it to reposition herself. On the other hand yes, range advantage, nice. So yes. She can use it. But she's not freaking untouchable when she uses it. This kind of assumption that makes Ruby seem completely untouchable is what I dislike the most.

But it comes with an issue of Naruto outlasting her, and figuring out tactics to deal with her. Not to mention the fact that aim dodging and stealth is an option cause... Ninja. And the fact that decoys could be left around to trick Ruby into attacking them since it's gonna be hard to take them out.

Also I wonder how would Ruby react to suddenly Naruto summoning a clone army of scantily clad women? Considering her age I can at least expect massive confusion and embarassment, before being bombarded by attacks. Possibly the Thousand Years of Pain.

What else... Okay so Ruby can't just shoot Naruto because shooting afar allows one to dodge more and there's the decoy issue.... How about closing in with intangibility, attack, fly away, and rinse and repeat? Yeah that's a pretty clever strategy!! But every freaking time Ruby used it she never pulls through a combo like that and seems to be a speculative ability. I wonder if there's a limit to it but anyway more importantly, for Ruby to actually harm someone she has to lose her intangibility. She has to become touchable to harm Naruto. And in that case what the heck would happen if Naruto pulls an Ender's Game and summons an armada of clones to fortify him when she's close enough. The moment she attacks, hell Naruto can turn into a log or that substitution jutsu, and also grab her weapon and pull it away.

Disarming Ruby is an option after all. She's not freaking Mirio where she can turn 98% of her body into an intangible form and be able to harm someone.

Also the more aura she uses for her barrier, aka when she's being hit by an attack, the less effective she'll become.

Ruby is not as op as she seems. Her aura barrier and aura has its limits. Not to mention the fact that Naruto has actually showcased wise usage of his abilities and skillset.

Decisively, Naruto, wins on the long run. Best shot for Ruby is to off him fast, but that's incredibly hard.

Im not even kidding when i say Ruby has more of a sexual attraction towards weapons than she does towards boys (To the point where they literally had her reading one of Blake's dirty books and she was paying more attention to the weapons in the story than the NSFW content, then called the majority of the content of the book filth)

Not gonna add anymore to this (cause midterms are fun yay), but it aggravated me earlier to see people dismissing Burning's effort of actually showing a proper argument and be called faulty like that when many couldn't even refute most of it and are hanging on the desperation that intangibility and Ruby's range advantage makes it seem like she's completely untouchable when that's not the case.

Good night to this thread.

I don't think it's the range advantage, it's the speed advantage and large aoe attacks vs a bunch of low dura clones and Naruto himself.

COB just summarized everything even better. If she needs to be tangible to use her scythe, then that's even worse. Sure, she might have only been tagged by Superior fighters, but I don't think that 2,000 slightly slower fighters won't close the gap. Naruto wins, as far as I can see.

I'm done then.

She needs to be tangible to use her scythe but she doesnt need to be tangible to attack, again, tornadoes that can harm characters stronger than her. Plus if you look at the clips i showed you, she can go from semblance to tangible to semblance multiple times in rapid succession faster than a monster capable of keeping up with her tangible self can react.

Unless those slower fighters can catch her, theyre not closing the gap. And with her semblance she's easily 3-4x faster than them.

But her largest aoe attack is the one where she doesn't even need to be tangible. And they aren't slightly slower compared to her when she's using her semblance.

One final response, hopefully. That fighting style makes little difference considering it's a hit and run or attack from afar. Or at least I finished it off now. Also AOE? Same as before, clone and scatter, which one is the real one? Ruby has no clue. Speed? Again, clone barrier.

So I ask thee.... When has Ruby ever used that against any non-monster who had the common sense to predict where the heck is Ruby going and about to attack? Clips are nice but Ruby got tagged on some of those too, you showed them before.

Thanks Amexim. Not to mention the fact that there's a thing called "taking a hit and dealing a hit in a counter" or "outlasting the enemy" or "substitution jutsu"

This match should be added way before anyway.

The first thing I see when I look at that first link is her constantly flickering back and forth in and out of intangibility, and getting hit by a rock thrown by a dog.

Naruto wins-- since she has to be tangible to use her scythe, can be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers even better here, since it's not just ten dogs, but 2,000 of them throwing thousands of shuriken which could transform into clones at any time, then blast her with Rasengan.

@CoB She used it against all four members of team JNPR Outside of that single instance of PIS, Ruby has never been tagged by someone who wasnt immensely faster than her or using a semblance of their own to hinder her (ie Emerald)

I wouldn't call being caught of guard by a rock PIS. No plot involved, not necessarily stupid either, unless she's demonstrated dodging "stupid stuff like that consistently".

She wasnt hit by a rock, she used her semblance to avoid it

Her getting hit through the smoke is the only thing thats not PIS, her literally standing there while the Beringel grabs her is absolutely PIS as she literally rubs circles around it seconds later

That 1 instance is all I need to say Naruto wins. He can recreate that exact scenario 100 times over. Close fight tho

That's not my point. She can be hit. And if that's true, then, in my perspective, Naruto is likely to win.

Look at later in that same fight. Look at the fight against the Petra Gigas. She is literally dancing around punches multiple times in succession like theyre nothing.

PIS is Plot induced stupidity to advance the plot. That was literally a trailer showcasing her flaws and how she's not the perfect soldier. A perfect example would be Ruby freezing when Qrow's Semblance caused some rocks to fall towards her when she could dodge anytime, but it was done for the sake of Qrow 'saving her' and getting poisoned as a result. PIS cannot simply be used because your character shows flaws and moments in combat where she gets hit time to time.

And regarding your previous msg of Semblance...

Naruto clones scatter to avoid that Semblance, which seems like such an obvious attack too and only has a wide AOE in a linear direction. Not to mention some were already tired (Jaune and Ren)

Nuckleweave, Tyrian, the latest event in Vol 5, still need to finish. Also, in that case, Naruto would fall into the list of people whose "semblance" hinders her greatly. So what if she only got hit by enemies faster than her? Anyone ends up like that in any situation. And I already explained how Naruto can take advantage of her attack by taking it and then hitting her hard. Something she clearly expressed, being hit after using her Semblance or attacking/ambushing an enemy, or being hit on her blindspot.

And if stray attacks like those can get through, it goes to show she is prone to mistakes, like anyone else. You're asking a lot of Ruby. She's got to dodge hundreds, if not thousands of clones consistently, as to not get dog piled by tons of extremely powerful hits raining down on her.

@CoB If she just dodged the grab it wouldnt have made for an interesting fight, so yes its PIS. She didnt freeze when the support beam (Not rocks) were falling towards her because she didnt even know they were until after Qrow had already destroyed it.

Being tired =/= lower durability, and it still hurt both Pyrrha and Nora

Tyrian is much faster than her, Naruto is not. When your semblance is speed and your opponent can hit you faster than the split second it takes to activate it, that does not mean you cannot dodge things that are not even half as fast as you. Naruto's clones would be destroyed by her tornado as they lack the durabiliy to survive it, she hasnt been hit after using her semblance, again refer to the later part of the fight with the Beringel and the entire fight with the Petra Gigas.

@Amex She can easily dodge them as she is 2x faster without her semblance and easily 3-4x faster with it. She can also easily dispatch of them with her tornadoes, chain lightning, and experience solo fighting hordes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back