• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RPG characters and their standard equipment.

I noticed that I cannot locate any RPG characters with in game items listed in their standard equipment. Is there a specific rule against adding them? There is a character in ff8 with access to items that literally make you invulnerable and they are fairly easy for him to make.

There isn't a rule against it as far as I'm aware but it shouldn't be one time used items.

Seda (Dark Cloud) has access to nearly every item in the game but I didn't write them all in his Standard Equipment section because of how big the list would be.

One more question Griffin. Could you theoretically give a Final Fantasy character, Ressurection for allies via pheonix down? not that it would be useful in a 1v1. Or Healing via potions etc?

That seems fine given I've seen them have access to potions but I'd suggest waiting for more knowledgeable Final Fantasy members to comment.

I'll go message them on their walls and ask for their input.

It's an optional thing to add, but considering how a lot of the equipment mere gives in game star buffs and nothing more it would be a time waster to try and list every single item the character has.

You can put them in optional. For the Destiny player character we're gonna end up with a massive list of weapons and armor in optional equipment even with the fact that we're only listing exotics and really unusual weapons. Optional equipment only recently became a thing, however. Stuff like these potions would fall into that.

Yeah, I wasn't looking to list every item the character would have access to. Just notable ones that provide access to abilities not listed on their profile.

As others have said, it's generally quite optional for standard equipment for JRPG protagonists. But in standard battle assumptions, it's generally assumed that they have their best and/or most notable equipment. That varies from game to game however, but there may or may not be some hints in the game. Obviously, legendary holy weapons that are important to the story tend to be a common assumption for weapon of choice. But if things such as Ultima Weapon are available, than the ones who can equip that may likely have that as their weapon of choice.

There are also some armor pieces that are generally more iconic as hinted by NPC's. NPC's very commonly recommend Ribbons due to the nature of status immunity, especially in regards to instant death, stone, transmutation into a toad, ect. The Chrono Trigger cast for instance does have most likely equipment listed as an example.

Would elaborate more, but still on a long road trip.

So, if there are status or buffs that can only be attained with items, are those valid? I mean, for example, Yuri Lowell 's profile lists Time Stop via the Hourglass item, given otherwise Yuri has no time abilities or magic.

This is also something new we are handling, so most profiles should not be used as examples.

Back