• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP: The Hanging Earth | Registration

Don't ask me about Die 2. I'll get there when I get there, and I WILL get there. And also I will do the sengoku era japan one I talked about on Discord at some point, but that requires a lot more effort and detail than I'm currently equipped to put up with at the moment.

This is a somewhat-serious parody/deconstruction of the EWTRTW formula, where the end goal, unlike every single other time, is actually going to be to Rule the World. Upon a player or faction of players successfully controlling the planet and eliminating the opposition to their rule, that will be considered a victory and the RP will only continue from there for as long as the players feel like doing it. A heavier emphasis on Politics, Intrigue, Infiltration, and Wide-scale Strategy will be preferred to combat on an individual level.

In that vein, I'll allow players to consult with me about setting up situations like traps privately, as to avoid metagaming from both sides. My Discord is Zephyr#6682, if needed for that purpose.

I'll be keeping track of a world map to see what faction owns what and posting updates whenever necessary. And in addition, I will be playing NPC factions if the need arises.

Savvy? Good.

Character Sheet

AP/Durability:
9-B

Speed: Subsonic+

Lifting Strength: Peak Human

Range Cap: 20 Meters for attacking and defending abilities, Up to 1 Kilometer for sensory abilities

Potency Cap: 100 People (I.E. for abilities such as mindhax and soulhax, or really anything that affects people based on quantity)

Standard Resistances: Resistance To Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Existence Erasure, Death Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Plot Manipulation, Reality Warping, and Any ability that would be deemed an "Instant Win"

Hax Level: Low

Layers: Non-Existent. Either you resist something or you don't.

Origin: What type of earth is your character from?

Belief: Your character's belief or desire. Why do they want to rule the world?

Powerset: 3 Powers, custom or from other characters. I won't accept any abilities that are just "This ability is actually 15 powers in one". Also, everything's equalized to the same four energy systems (Physical, Mind/Psychic, Ki/Spirit/Chakra, and Magic/Alchemy/Curses). Custom Powers are allowed. As an aside, I'd recommend Parahumans for verse/power picks.

Restricted Abilities: Outside of the obvious stuff, Don't do stuff like:
  • Danmaku that can be laced with other hax
  • Flight, At least not right away
  • Regeneration above High-Low
  • Resistance Negation (Regeneration Negation is fine)
  • Power Null, especially the "Anti-X" Variety. No Anti-Magic, Anti-Ki, anything like that
  • Statistics Amplification/Reduction. Creates too much metagaming and OOC nonsense
  • Please for the love of god don't ask for skills or intelligence
As you design your character, I would recommend that you think about your character's ideals and beliefs. In terms of lore, your characters will be specifically-chosen because they want to spread or impose their beliefs or will upon the world. Consider, thus, what drives your character to such extreme lengths. Inherent hatred, a desire for power, a desire to protect, et cetera. A purely good hero isn't a very realistic character or goal in the setting, as people who want to take over the world are generally bad people, if not outright villains.

Characters start with their powers And are all from their own version of earth, So keep that in mind as well.

Example Sheet

63fd723c488be233f6f28596fd9341cd.png

Name: The Monarch

Height: 5'9"

Origin: A world set in modern times, but one with superheroes and supervillains.

Beliefs: The Monarch is a supervillain obsessed with grace and beauty. The modern world and its sensibilities aggravate her to no end, and thus she wants to conquer the world in order to make it all almost as beautiful as her.

Powers:

Sandbox: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:ZephyrosOmega/sandboxEarth

The Roster

PsychoWarper as Anderson

Paul Frank as Kyzen

WHYNAUT as Akihiko Hoshi

Oliver_de_jesus as Timothy Diaz

Hl3-or-Bust as Morokar

00Potato as Tobias Bahn

Lou_change as Charlie

Crimsonstarfallen as Zennith

Last edited:
Im guessing its so if they miss something and someone gets something OP they cant rekt the game with it.

Also could our characters serve under another character? As a Soldier or Right Hand?

Last edited:
Name: Kyzen

Appearance: This

Height: 6'

Origin: He comes from a world with a similar level of technology to the modern world, although with differences, such as different power sources, transportation and weaponry.

Beliefs: He believes in strength being necessary to lead the world. Both mental and physical strength is required in his eyes, since humanity lacks it on their own. To him, due to his experiences and knowledge from his world, humans are in need of guidance, and salvation, and only one who can lead them all with their power alone is sufficient to do so. He believes what he's doing is for the greater good, and that if he manages to subjugate the world and unite it under himself, humans can finally surpass their own nature, and do great things.

Powers: Shanks' Haki, Whitebeard's Gura-Gura no mi, Korra's Waterbending

Im guessing its so if they miss something and someone gets something OP they cant rekt the game with it.

Also could our characters serve under another character? As a Soldier or Right Hand?
Actually I might wanna try that.
I will make a character tonight.

Name: Anderson (He back bois)

Height: 6'2"

Origin: He comes from a world similar to ours but where the Catholic Church was able to continue the spread of its influence via crusades eventually conquering the world and making it a society built of Catholicism and the Church.

Beliefs: Anderson is a deeply religious man who has survived as one of the Vatican's top executioners for centuries, he believes Humanity can only survive by embracing the Church and God's Grace, to him those that stand against him are standing against God himself believing it to be the greatest heresy.

Powers: Whitebeard's Haki, Garou’s Martial Art Mastery and Hit's Pressure Point Strikes

Last edited:
Ec6DHiGU0AAhAop

Name: Akihiko Hoshi

Height: 6'1

Origin: Akihiko comes from a world that was in its late medieval period where war was prevalent. With a past shrouded in mystery he was making his way up in this world when he was transported to this new one.

Beliefs: He seems to hold a strong conviction that he is destined to unite humanity and rule over them. He doesn't have any religious believes, but he doesn't denounce them either. He seeks to bestow freedom and peace upon all his subjects, but his methods to achieve his goals are ruthless. He always seeks to learn new things and values the talents of those who serve him, but he is also arrogant and sees himself as superior to normal humans, claiming that he knows what's best for humanity and that his justice is absolute.

Powers:
- Divine Will: Akihiko has an extremely strong will, that allows him to go beyond his limits and that has gotten him through many tough situations. This will is projected as a sort of aura with varying degrees of intensity. It gives him an undeniable presence that often attracts people to him. At a greater intensity he can even radiate a brilliant white light. In battle this aura can scare enemies, diminishing their will to fight and unnerving them, whereas it greatly boosts his allies morale. Lastly Akihiko can create objects through sheer force of will, often materializng his sword out of thin air.

- Blessed by the Divines: Akihiko is blessed with a strong and incorruptable body, mind and soul. His body is immune to poisons and diseases and he has a talent for quickly improving at anything that requires physical activity, such as sports, most notably martials arts. He has a keen mind and is knowledgeable on many subjects, scientific, philosophical or otherwise. His soul has a special influence on his body that makes it eternal and entirely self-sufficient.

- Divine Authority: In order to assert his authority by force, if needed, Akihiko is capable of manipulating a mysterious energy for offensive and defensive purposes. He can project this energy to attack from a distance, imbue his attacks with it for greater effectviness, and create walls with it to defend against attacks, use as footing and obstruct enemy movement. Of these different manifestations of Akihiko's Divine Authority only the energy walls can be made invisible if he so wishes.

Dante_Reboot_Render_v2.png

Name: Timothy Johnson "Tommy" Diaz
Height: 5'7"
Origin: world similar to ours, but in December 2020, where the corrupt politicians began to fight for more power which ended in war and much chaos and destruction, the economy went to shit, in the end it all ended with several countries owing money to other countries, until they finally died due to a nuclear bomb in each country
Beliefs: Because he was born in a Third World country, he knows that life sucks for those people who fail to have any status in society and that as such those people with power are easily corrupted, so he decided to be the boss in order to grant him to those who have nothing, the opportunity for a good life and the education that all living beings deserve

Powers:
meliodas's duplication
Nightmare: A talking Living Weapon that as such has no physical form (it has no definite shape, but it is physical), which allows it to change from a Sword, a gauntlets, grieves, and shoulder pads, a briefcase with infinite storage space, a telephone, a computer, an electric guitar or several firearms that are all based on electricity and darkness which allows to launch electric shocks or absorb electricity.
charlotte katakuri's haki(Restrict armament haki and the precog of observation haki)

Last edited:
@Paul

Restrict the durability negation of tremor-tremor and armament haki, and the precog of observation haki.

@Psycho

You can be someone's general or right-hand if you want. Same restrictions on Haki as Paul's character, and I'll ask that you pick a presence concealment lower than EX-Rank. Maybe Cursed Arm Hassan's A+-Rank.

@WHYNAUT

That should be fine.

@Oliver

Same restrictions on Haki as paul's character. No invisibility for nightmare, and no Ultra Instinct

Good luck nerds.

I'm not joining but people on Discord won't stop mentioning it, but are assassins/non-rulers allowed in any sense?

I'd like for Zeph to be aware that A+-Rank PC lets you get two full hits in before it drops, and no one has the means to see past it before it does.

I will make a character soon but he kinda stretches some of the rules, but not in a power-gaming sense, more of a story sense, you will see when I make him.

Actually banning Fate at least in set 1 is probably a good idea. I'll allow some stuff from it later maybe, but for now, no fate please. and definitely no Tabletop shenanigans.

@Hl3

if that's true then yeah, PC bad

Name: Morokar

Height: 6'7"

Origin: A long-gone world, scoured of the means to survive decades before Morokar's birth.

Beliefs: Primarily unknown, even to him. Conquers for the sake of unknown goals shown to him in dreams, but he has good reason to trust them.

Powers:
  • The Player (Grim Dawn)'s Soldier mastery (Resistance Negation and Fighting Spirit restricted)
  • Vestments of the Iron Hunt: A series of powerful artifacts discovered by Morokar deep beneath the earth. The items of clothing are strange, heavy pieces of leather, decorated with metal-like bones and tusks, yet provide even more defense than solid metal armor would. Found nearby where a small variety of weapons: a spear, a sword, a bow and many arrows, a great wall-like shield, and several throwing axes, all made of an unusual metal that seems to steer itself towards foes, like sharks speeding towards a cloud of blood.

All of these weapons are unerringly sharp, cutting through solid stone and metal like a hot knife through butter, and the whole series is fundamentally connected to Morokar, not leaving his touch unless he allows it and appearing on his body or in his hands the instant he wills it. The spear is especially notable among these, being covered in runic carvings that hurt to look at too closely, and devouring the soul of any who fall to it, reanimating the bodies of the fallen with a mockery of life and subservience to Morokar, but entirely retaining their intelligence. These thralls can be summoned to Morokar's side just as the Vestments themselves can, and the sacrifice of an unknown, but extremely large, amount of them opens a portal to another realm that opens and closes at Morokar's command, but there is no control over where it leads.

Last edited:
@Oliver

How many clones can he make?

@Hl3

it's still a lot of stuff, including a lot of it that I don't allow (Stat/Damage Boost/Reduction, Powernull, Resistance Reduction). I guess if you got rid of those they would probably be fine?

It was shown that he could create four clones and each would have one eighth the power level of the original Meliodas, so i lose instead of win, at best I'll do 2

Well, most of those are minor or barely even powers, like War Cry being extremely short-lived, Cadence just being a well-placed strike, or most of the damage reduction being from moving in specific ways to reduce damage, although the resistance neg and some instances of the others are fair enough ye.

Name: Tobias “Knight.” Bahn.

Description: Pale healthy but a bit thin. He has short black hair and a few facial scars. Wears a grey hoodie with baggy sweatpants.

Age 19

Height 5”9

Home world: A seemingly normal copy of our earth (so a big shithole.) except with a shady magical underground kept secret from the public, even Toby isn’t aware, despite being contaminated with magical energy by accident.

Beliefs: He is fed up with the state of the world but is lost in nihilism and hopelessness, he wants to save it somehow but isn’t sure how or even if it can be helped. He is somewhat empty and de-sensitized yet desperate, leaving him open to being manipulated by anyone who can convince him that they could save this world.

Powers: His powers haven’t currently manifested (they will first appear when he is in severe danger after the campaign starts.) once his magic awakens, he will gain the following.

Better senses: He has a 6th sense of sorts that tells him about all living beings within 35ft. This makes him nigh impossible to sneak past but if more then 25 large animals/people are in the radius, he gets a major migraine.

Big push: He can create a surge of force anywhere around him (again 35 ft.) this can be used to make him fly (it does hurt if used poorly though.) or as an offensive tool.

Low level regen: just low regeneration.

Appearance: do to primary power it varies but true form is a pale white humanoid that is genderless. Common forms include a cthulu like form, the Jerseydevil, and humans.

Name: Charlie

Height: Varies, true form is 5"2, Jerseydevil is 4"6 on all four, cthulu is 10"4

Origin: The modern world but everyone can shapeshift.

Beliefs: Charlie thinks safety and freedom are the most important parts of life and believes someone neutral should be in charge so everyone else is equal and they are willing to risk everything to make sure that happens.

Power:

Alter self: They decide what their form, including height, weight, facial features, sound of their voice, hair length, coloration, and distinguishing characteristics, if any. Physical qualities including mundane movement capabilities (such as burrowing, climbing, walking, swimming), natural weapons, low level adaptations(like underwater breathing and resistances to stuff like fire or poison). This also grants high low regen.

Death's exit door: Healing fatal injuries (only of non player humans)

Death's entrance: let's them create portals that temporarily drains chi/ki/spirit.

Last edited:
Name: Anderson (He back bois)

Height: 6'2"

Origin: He comes from a world similar to ours but where the Catholic Church was able to continue the spread of its influence via crusades eventually conquering the world and making it a society built of Catholicism and the Church.

Beliefs: Anderson is a deeply religious man who has survived as one of the Vatican's top executioners for centuries, he believes Humanity can only survive by embracing the Church and God's Grace, to him those that stand against him are standing against God himself believing it to be the greatest heresy.

Powers: Whitebeard's Haki, Garou’s Martial Art Mastery and Hit's Pressure Point Strikes
Ok I replaced the PC.

looks fine. just remember the stuff isn't going to be treated as a direct amp/reduction as much as physical damage

Need something to put me back on track anyway

Name: Zennith

Height: 6'3

Origin: A mystical Earth, dominated by emperors and warmongers, with constant war and slaughter being brought to all.

Beliefs: The separation of cultures and nations only causes chaos, and art promotes nihilism. Only one emperor should exist, with the development of humanity resting on his unbiased hands.

Powers:

• Greed Tastes Like Sin: Zennith has the power to generate and control the liquid metal mercury, altering it's shapes and states with the flicker of a finger. Can generate 20 litters of it per second. It, of course, maintains it's naturally toxic nature.
  • Cultivated Sage Arts: Also known as Qi, Zennith can harnest the flow of energy of the universe in the form of pure energy attacks, magically allowing for the moves used by fake martial artists. This also comes with the benefit of agelessness and the power to sense the fonts of Qi in the world, with more energetic sources releasing more Qi.
  • Vicissitude: Body Manipulation, and in Zennith's case, focused on himself. Resulting in quite grotesque results if used right, Zennith uses it to give himself the perfect shape, as well as to heal away injuries to his body. If he so desires, any amount of body parts could be added onto his body, such as extra eyes, mouths, ears, more bone, wings, extra arms, fingers, etc. This can be extended to foreign bodies, but only with consent.

Back