• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro vs Erza Scarlet

We haven't even seen what Wano Arc Zoro can even fully do yet, he hasn't even really fought in this key at all

This is premature as hell

We haven't even seen what Wano Arc Zoro can even fully do yet, he hasn't even really fought in this key at all

This is premature as hell
Already know his general moveset, we just don't know the full extent of Ashura or Enma yet.

Match isn't getting added anyway so it doesn't matter much tbh.

Fine, I give it to Erza because...

1. Higher AP and Durability
2. Similar Stamina and Endurance
3. Zoro doesn't like to fight women and generally holds back against them initially
3. Erza has Emotion Boosts
4. Erza holds three swords in a cooler way

Fine, I give it to Erza because...

1. Higher AP and Durability
To be fair Zoro isn't disadvantaged too much here, he has various amps and such. High 7-A is a small tier, so neither character has that much of an AP advantage tbh.
2. Similar Stamina and Endurance
I wouldn't say similar, Zoro has shown a higher pain tolerance but a slight margin but stamina wise (as in fighting for longer amounts of time.) Zoro takes that by a landslide. Absolute fodder can fight for 12+ hours in One Piece and Zoro scales wayyy above that. Hiro doesn't really extend his fights which is unfortunate.
3. Zoro doesn't like to fight women and generally holds back against them initially
Monet disagrees lol.
3. Erza has Emotion Boosts
Valid but Zoro has his own amps like M U S C L E S
4. Erza holds three swords in a cooler way
I think holding a sword with your mouth is a bit cooler than holding one with your foot (Then again feet make me uncomfortable as ****.)

I said Zoro is reluctant to hold back against fighting women initially and besides, Monet was Low 7-B while Zoro was At least 7-A, so yeah, he didn't even need to try to beat her, he could easily avoid that fight without issue and even then, he didn't actually cut her more than her cheek, he can beat her just by flexing his power and inducing fear, every time Zoro faces a woman in combat, he's so much stronger than them that he can defeat them without actually trying, this doesn't apply to Erza at all

Erza is stronger than Zoro and can also stare at people and make them not want to fight

It's minor AP and versatility vs Skill and endurance.
I said Zoro is reluctant to hold back against fighting women initially and besides, Monet was Low 7-B while Zoro was At least 7-A, so yeah, he didn't even need to try to beat her, he could easily avoid that fight without issue and even then, he didn't actually cut her more than her cheek, he can beat her just by flexing his power and inducing fear, every time Zoro faces a woman in combat, he's so much stronger than them that he can defeat them without actually trying, this doesn't apply to Erza at all
Well exactly, Erza is just as strong as Zoro if not stronger than Zoro so he'd have no reason to hold back against her. Not to mention Zoro isn't the straw hat that holds back against Females, that's Sanji. Zoro typically doesn't hold back against females, he held back against killing Monet because it wasn't something that he needed to do. He almost killed the female assassin pre time skip, and while it's non-canon he also fought Ani in Flim Z. There's also the existence of his childhood best friend being female, who he never held back against.
Erza is stronger than Zoro and can also stare at people and make them not want to fight
That's never been shown to work on opponents her level, especially people with the mental fortitude of Zoro.

"While it's non-canon he also fought Ani in Film Z"

I mean like you said, it's non canon, and besides, he intentionally used the back of his swords so he didn't cut her seriously, I'm just saying that's a psychological point against Zoro that may dull his sword when it counts, Zoro can't just badass his way out of cutting Erza, neither his nor Erza's fear inducement will work here

But u said that Zoro has an AP WAY over 1GT while Erza is 2.65GT meaning that Zoro's could be like 7GT or 8GT and above

Hence why I said AP vs Versatility
That's not how it works, you can't just assume Zoro is 6-C because he scales decently above 1 Gigaton... All we know is that Zoro can one-shot 7-A+'s and upscales to Baseline High 7-A, then is higher with Asura and Shishi Sonson, Erza has a confirmed AP stronger than him as she is 2.65x stronger than what he bare minimum scales to

If Zoro were 7 or 8 Gigs he'd be 6-C, he's just way above baseline High 7-A. Numbers wise Erza is the stronger of the two but it's pretty irrelevant since they're close and have amps, so AP isn't much of an important factor here.
"While it's non-canon he also fought Ani in Film Z"

I mean like you said, it's non canon,
It's just to add onto the argument that Zoro doesn't hold back that much against women, especially if they're superior to him.
and besides, he intentionally used the back of his swords so he didn't cut her seriously, I'm just saying that's a psychological point against Zoro that may dull his sword when it counts,
Zoro has Kenbunshoku Haki, so as a basic part of Kenbunshoku at his level he'd be able to tell that Erza is a strong opponent or stronger than himself.
Zoro can't just badass his way out of cutting Erza, neither his nor Erza's fear inducement will work here
Meaning? That first sentence confuses me a tad bit, since it sounds like your saying that Zoro can cut Erza? I agree as far as the fear Inducement goes, I just thought you were using it as an argument since you brought it up.

Meaning? That first sentence confuses me a tad bit, since it sounds like your saying that Zoro can cut Erza? I agree as far as the fear Inducement goes, I just thought you were using it as an argument since you brought it up.

I'm just saying Zoro can't somehow win the fight without cutting Erza like he has against every single woman he has fought, he's actually going to have to fight and try and kill her to get the win, which may weigh a bit on his mind because as he says "He doesn't like cutting women"

Kenbunshoku Haki would tell Zoro that she's either comparable to him or stronger than him. Zoro has no reason to hold back on his attacks against a foe comparable to him regardless of the gender of said foe. From what we know of Zoro, he's very serious when it comes to threatening opponents.

I'm not sure why people use the Monet instance or the Tagashi reason for Zoro holding back against females. The former was literally a waste of his time (Which was limited on Punk Hazzard.) while the latter reminded him of his dead best friend, hence why he didn't harm her. He almost crushed the skull of a female Assassin and solo'd many of them in Alabasta. He also sensed Carrot and went for a lethal attack but she parried him and dodged.

In all seriousness as soon as Erza realizes that Zoro is arguably more skilled in a sword fight, Erza switches to ranged tactics and proceeds to take it from there with Danmaku spam and Ataraxia Armor.

Zoro can counter her range with his own ranged attacks, mainly in the form of his Tatsumaki attacks. (Allowing for the Redirection of ranged attacks.) and that armor is neat but considering how light the cuts actually go, and Zoro's experience with being well, ya know Zoro that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Kenbunshoku Haki is also nice for evasive maneuvers, along with his base form of Analytical Prediction which is granted from his own skill.

Ataraxia armor's cuts aren't shallow at all they we able to give Gerome internal bleeding to the point where he was bleeding form the mouth from a chest wound.

Also analytical prediction is nice and all but Erza feats against cobra round 3 are better given she could block attacks and land a couple of hits on him despite his passive mind reading and being overall slower and weaker than he was at the time.

I just read the chapter and the wound she left wasn't that deep and he didn't cough up much blood either. Also it's more along the lines of stealth cutting as opposed to actual dura negation. Also compare this to Zoro who is fine with cutting off.

Also Cobra doesn't have Analytical Prediction, it's Mind reading and comparing his level of skill isn't exactly comparable to Zoro's own level of skill. Him and Kaku constantly read each other's attacks, with Zoro being able to out predict Kaku. So he has a layer of skill based Prediction and Promotion based Prediction.

I just read the chapter and the wound she left wasn't that deep and he didn't cough up much blood either. Also it's more along the lines of stealth cutting as opposed to actual dura negation. Also compare this to Zoro who is fine with cutting off.

Also Cobra doesn't have Analytical Prediction, it's Mind reading and comparing his level of skill isn't exactly comparable to Zoro's own level of skill. Him and Kaku constantly read each other's attacks, with Zoro being able to out predict Kaku. So he has a layer of skill based Prediction and Promotion based Prediction.
Your point is? That was one attack from Erza who wasn't even trying. Also she still did spawn cuts on him as she didn't even move from her spot, they just so happen to also be undetectable as well.

Cobra's mind reading is actually better than Zoro's precog, Zoro needs to use a minuscule amount of time to actually predict someone's moves where as Cobra's mind reading doesn't have this flaw, He knows what your going to do as soon as you decide to make that action in your mind, imo a better comparison would be advanced Observation Haki as both are just naturally feed information and can focus on other things

Will reply to the above soon since there seems to be a misconception regarding as to what Prediction of Zoro's I'm talking about.

Eh Mid tier Kenbunshoku is already capable of passive Mind reading based Prediction, Advanced is a different paygrade imo. Since the latter relies on actual future sight rather than mind and body based Prediction.
Your point is? That was one attack from Erza who wasn't even trying. Also she still did spawn cuts on him as she didn't even move from her spot, they just so happen to also be undetectable as well.
My point is that it isn't damaging Zoro much, I.E not a win-con for Erza. She doesn't deal with internal damage, just external damage. And considering this is the same man who's used to mutilation of his body even pre-timeskip. It being undetected is countered by Zoro's Rudimentary Haki, which gives him the ability to sense the presence of others and attacks by viewing Aura.
Cobra's mind reading is actually better than Zoro's precog, Zoro needs to use a minuscule amount of time to actually predict someone's moves where as Cobra's mind reading doesn't have this flaw, He knows what your going to do as soon as you decide to make that action in your mind, imo a better comparison would be advanced Observation Haki as both are just naturally feed information and can focus on other things
Zoro doesn't need much time in order to accurately predict his opponent. He just clashes blades and can see oncoming attacks from that point, even from another Prediction user. Mind Reading isn't comparable to advanced Kenbunshoku? Upper low level to mid level Kenbunshoku Haki users already have that, and is inferior on the Kenbunshoku Haki hierarchy.

Future sight Kenbunshoku Prediction >>> Light future sight (Sanji and comparable.) >>mind reading Kenbunshoku Haki >>> Brief Promotion Haki.

The Haki page mentions nothing about passive mind reading so I don't know where you are getting that from.

Coughing up blood is literally only caused by internal damage so that argument is completely invalid, also just because he can take alot of damage doesn't mean he is immortal, if you give him enough paper cuts he will eventually bleed out so saying it isn't a wincon literally doesn't make sense.

The Haki page mentions nothing about passive mind reading so I don't know where you are getting that from.
Enel and comparable Kenbunshoku Haki users have mind reading, you either need to look again or it hasn't been added for whatever reason.
Coughing up blood is literally only caused by internal damage so that argument is completely invalid,
.... literally who the **** told you that nonsense? Internal damage is far from the only cause of coughing up blood. One can cough up blood for various reasons, whoever told you that internal damage is the only way you cough up blood is inherently wrong and they need to take more basic medical courses.

also just because he can take alot of damage doesn't mean he is immortal, if you give him enough paper cuts he will eventually bleed out so saying it isn't a wincon literally doesn't make sense.
I never said he was immortal, nor did I ever imply so, so I'm not sure what's with this pseudo strawman argument. Zoro is the same person who can fight while loosing liters of his own blood and for extensive amounts of time. Ranging from being slashed apart by Mr 2 back in Alabasta, who inflicted dozens upon dozens of deep slashes and stab's to Zoro and he continued to fight as if it were nothing. Character already has fought through extreme amounts of blood loss, Erza leaving a bunch of tiny cuts on him isn't slowing him down much unless she goes for dismemberment.

Coughing up blood means you have taken internal damage
Coughing up blood doesn't mean that and I'm not sure who told you that either. Internal bleeding most of the time doesn't exist through the mouth but rather it clots up in order to stop the bleeding from progressing. Hence why you don't see people coughing up blood like a faucet when they get internal damage. Not to mention getting slashed doesn't make you cough up blood? The bleeding would start right at the wound.

“Not to mention getting slashed doesn't make you cough up blood”

Except Erza slashed the guy and then he coughed up blood, plus no external wounds opened up on the guy, therefore it is extremely likely internal damage was done to the lungs

Expect we don't get the chance to actually see if she left a wound on his body or not? We quite literally see slashes being left on his body, large slashes of enegry and magic.

And once again, just because he coughed up blood doesn't mean he had internal damage done to him. We don't see the body afterwards to say if he had wounds left on his flesh or not, therefore that shouldn't be used an argument.

Expect we don't get the chance to actually see if she left a wound on his body or not? We quite literally see slashes being left on his body, large slashes of enegry and magic.

And once again, just because he coughed up blood doesn't mean he had internal damage done to him. We don't see the body afterwards to say if he had wounds left on his flesh or not, therefore that shouldn't be used an argument.
Well we actually get a shot of Gerome afterward and he doesn't have any external bleeding besides the blood from his mouth

Enel and comparable Kenbunshoku Haki users have mind reading, you either need to look again or it hasn't been added for whatever reason.
Enel amped his Kenbu with his DF, so comparing him to other Kenbu users, mainly Zoro who specializes in Buso, does not make much sense, Enel also does not have mind reading in his profile for some reason.

Last edited:
Enel only amped the range of his Kenbunshoku Haki, not the amount he could read or predict. And I never said Zoro has mind reading? We're simply comparing forms of precognition and such, you like really need to learn how to read something fully before jumping to your own conclusions.

It's technically on the Haki page already but someone for whatever reason labeled it as Telepathy.

Since this thread is about Zoro i thought "comparable Kenbu users" was including him.

Anyway, i don't remember haki reading thoughts, i only remember it reading the intention/aura of an attack, even Katakuri sees what his targets will say in the future instead of reading their minds directly, so who used telepathy/mind-reading/etc?

Back