• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roman vs Tighnari (4-7-0) GRACE

V999

He/Him
RWBY VS Genshin Impact

Roman fled from the pursuit of several Sumeru troops. He fled to Avidya Forest to hide. But instead he met Tighnari. Tighnari already knows who he is and the two begin to prepare to fight.

• Speed are equalized
• Both are High 8-C
• Atlesian Paladin is restricted
• Roman : 3.41 Tons
• Tighnari : 4.28 Tons

Roman Torchwick : 4 (@FireSwordHero, @koopa3144, @Spinoirr, @MintyBoi1)

Tighnari : 7 (@Mapl3Sy4up, @Giannysmag, @SatellaTheWoE, @TauanVictor, @Naitodesu, @LeoEpicGamer8910, @V999)

Inconclusive :

images

images

Last edited:
Soooooo
Tighnari has the AP, Durability and Environmental Advantage, It’ll take multiple strikes to break any of the barriers that he makes with his vision, Roman can’t exactly dodge given he has homing arrows, and in turn, it shouldn’t be too hard to dodge Roman’s Projectiles which are very obvious and much harder to properly aim then a homing attack.

Also Tighnari has the general skill advantage, given he beats and defeats proper military soldiers compared to Roman who, while skilled, gets beaten by those who aren’t even huntsman students yet.

I see Roman taking the victory here, and here's why.
  • If the fight was entirely ranged duel, then Tighnari would obviously take it, but RWBY characters aren't the type to restric themselves to just guns. The fight would likely turn to melee at some point, at which point its unlikely that Tighnari would be able to keep up, given he primarily relies on ranged combat.
  • Tighnari's ability to create illusions through Vijnana-Phala Mine sounds good on paper, but given Roman has worked with Illusion users like Neo before, it would be unlikely that he would fall for it.
  • On a similar note, Tighnari's Fashioner's Tanglevine Shaft also sounds like a wincon given its ability to fire homing arrows, as well as his ability to do so through his ranged shots, but Roman's Aura would likely be able to tank enough shots long enough to get in close.
    • Tighnari can also create forcefields as well, but given that he's a Dendro user and Dendro is vulnerable to Pyro, a few shots from Melodic Cudgel would destroy the barrier given its ability to shoot fire dust. Aura > Genshin Forcefields
So yeah, I vote Roman.

Also @Spinoirr get in here, its another RWBY matchup.

I see Roman taking the victory here, and here's why.
  • If the fight was entirely ranged duel, then Tighnari would obviously take it, but RWBY characters aren't the type to restric themselves to just guns. The fight would likely turn to melee at some point, at which point its unlikely that Tighnari would be able to keep up, given he primarily relies on ranged combat.
And Tighnari just, stays at a range and moves away? He’s the same way in that he obviously prefers ranged combat, and I’d say running back while firing several shots that create homing attacks is far easier to do then to run up to the person doing that. He’s also comfortable in melee combat given he fights Fatui members ranging from the ones with giant Gauntlets to Electro Applied Hammers.
  • Tighnari's ability to create illusions through Vijnana-Phala Mine sounds good on paper, but given Roman has worked with Illusion users like Neo before, it would be unlikely that he would fall for it.
Their also able to draw fire and take hits like cover and they draw the aggro of enemies while Tighnari is also in plain sight, it works like a taunt, and even people who can see Tighnari himself and not fall for it, shoot the illusions

It also makes his arrows faster and, gives him a 20% damage boost to Dendro while he has Vijnana Suffusion, meaning more homing arrows, faster homing arrows, and boosted homing arrows

The Mine itself also just… deals damage? and applies dendro to everything in it’s radius, meaning it also applies it to Roman’s Melodic Cudgel, which he will then try and fire a flame based projectile out of, if he uses a flame (pyro) inside of something made of dendro, he’ll cause burning, that’s his weapon out unless he wants to take continual damage to keep holding it. OH and that’ll also set off all the dust rounds inside his cane the dust chain reactions in series are to be believed.

Burning affects Pyro Characters who use, well, fire. For instance Dehya who‘s ultimate coats her hands in fire. and even if Roman was immune because of his aura, it will still chip at it given Weiss’s aura was nearly entirely depleted from getting blasted by a lava plume for a few seconds.
  • On a similar note, Tighnari's Fashioner's Tanglevine Shaft also sounds like a wincon given its ability to fire homing arrows, as well as his ability to do so through his ranged shots, but Roman's Aura would likely be able to tank enough shots long enough to get in close.
Thats Assuming he can take atleast 12 but possible several more Arrows which are 1.255x stronger then him, while in a mine that increases his damage, also ALL of Tighnari’s shots can become homing, even the base Wreath Arrows produce 4 homing arrows by themself, and Tighnari is going to be keeping this fight at a Range.
    • Tighnari can also create forcefields as well, but given that he's a Dendro user and Dendro is vulnerable to Pyro, a few shots from Melodic Cudgel would destroy the barrier given its ability to shoot fire dust. Aura > Genshin Forcefields
Dendro isn’t vulnerable that’s incorrect, thinking like this would make, for instance, Pyro (fire) and Hydro (water) vulnerable to each other because they deal higher damage to an opponent already inflicted by the other due to the vaporize reaction, it’s more so half the catalyst in creating the burning reaction, which would also affect Roman as well by being near it.

Tighnari’s Shield also is the same way as Amber’s is, taking attacks from foes far stronger the him. For Instance, the time we see Amber‘s field, she blocked and attack from an opponent who (when hitting her directly) nearly broke her bones in a single hit and nearly one shot her later. I doubt it will take Roman only a few shots if he‘s WEAKER then Tighnari

Roman’s aura and durability are also grossly inconsistent, He took a few hits from Beacon Blake and he was on the floor and pinned, out of the fight. And he’s on her level, not 1.255x weaker then her.

Also went to the train battle, he took 5 hits from her if we count her exploding clone as a hit.

Tighnari’s homing arrow ultimate is an automatic 12 atleast.

Last edited:
Yeah i feel the biggest cons that Tighnari had is the skill gap, Genshin doesn't have any of the impressive skill shennanigans compared to RWBY

tho i think you need to elaborate on the pro huntsman thing to make it easy to understand

Yeah i feel the biggest cons that Tighnari had is the skill gap, Genshin doesn't have any of the impressive skill shennanigans compared to RWBY

tho i think you need to elaborate on the pro huntsman thing to make it easy to understand
Honestly given the fact he lost to God damn blake, him beating pro huntsman isn't really that much of a anti feat given Blake got into Beacon without anything training at a training academy, instead she had first hand combat experience in the fight Fang against robot Drones from the military for years, as trained by Adam sense she was 13 basically

Roman in the light novels beat pro huntsman and for everything above I vote him
Annnnnd Tighnari beat up members of a military organization that consistently defeat members of other nations militaries without breaking a sweat?

Pro Huntsman vary from finding a Beowulf Scary and getting mauled by it to Fighting a Giant Nevermore Solo, so without being able to prove these huntsman have other skill feats behind them, it's no better then just saying that he beat up other people who have an unknown degree of skill compared to other huntsman.

Because this is also directly contradicted by Episode 1, where the moment an actual pro showed up he decided "Ah HELL Nah" and did what he needed to so he could leave.

I didn't bring up Blake as a Skill Feat, I brought it up because he took 5 hits before going down for the count.

Damn this reminds me that I need to get my Genshin Calcs evaluated

Roman scales above Ruby who is 1.21 tons

Tighnari scales much higher than Mond Traveler who scales to Bennett who is 4.28 tons

Tighnari also has numerous buffs through his skills and constellations that further improve his offenses, and he can escape from anything through elemental intangibility, not to mention unlike Roman, Tighnari can dodge Roman's attacks due to not being homing strikes

pretty sure Tighnari wins pretty easily here

Roman scales above Ruby who is 1.21 tons

Tighnari scales much higher than Mond Traveler who scales to Bennett who is 4.28 tons

Tighnari also has numerous buffs through his skills and constellations that further improve his offenses, and he can escape from anything through elemental intangibility, not to mention unlike Roman, Tighnari can dodge Roman's attacks due to not being homing strikes

pretty sure Tighnari wins pretty easily here
Roman : 3.41 Tons

They scale to the nevermore due to harming it with their attacks

Roman does have a pretty good skill chain to back off of, easily outmaneuvering Ruby who was highly skilled enough to match people older than her at Beacon and having to be at least comparable to Neo who could stomp Yang. Tighnari has his arrows but I think it would get to melee at some point thanks to aura where Roman can amp himself and gain the upper hand. He’s not void of range options either, fire dust could counter arrows or plants.

I’m voting the best RWBY villain FRA

Roman does have a pretty good skill chain to back off of, easily outmaneuvering Ruby who was highly skilled enough to match people older than her at Beacon and having to be at least comparable to Neo who could stomp Yang. Tighnari has his arrows but I think it would get to melee at some point thanks to aura where Roman can amp himself and gain the upper hand. He’s not void of range options either, fire dust could counter arrows or plants.

I’m voting the best RWBY villain FRA
Elemental intangibility and generally better acrobatics due to Tighnari's forest exploration means that it's pretty easy to get Roman off his back whenever he wants, plus he has the AP advantage.

Aura doesn't "amp him up", it's a passive barrier, not a stat amp

Fire dust can shoot Tighnari's arrows out of the air but firing at Tighnari himself is a lot harder compared to the reverse due to Tighnari's homing attack

Elemental intangibility and generally better acrobatics due to Tighnari's forest exploration means that it's pretty easy to get Roman off his back whenever he wants, plus he has the AP advantage.

Aura doesn't "amp him up", it's a passive barrier, not a stat amp

Fire dust can shoot Tighnari's arrows out of the air but firing at Tighnari himself is a lot harder compared to the reverse due to Tighnari's homing attack

I still think Roman’s own skill and cunning won’t let that happen

It lets him amp his physicals as stated on his profile

The fire would really only be needed for the arrows, all Roman needs is a chance to engage up close

I still think Roman’s own skill and cunning won’t let that happen

It lets him amp his physicals as stated on his profile

The fire would really only be needed for the arrows, all Roman needs is a chance to engage up close
yes but all of his feats are with his aura activated. It's not gonna make him stronger than the calculations mentioned on his profile, and those calcs are inferior to Tighnari

Tighnari's also not stupid, Roman might be a great combatant but Tighnari has several years worth of experience living in the Sumeru jungle fighting off minsters and Fatui.

Elemental intangibility can help him escape Roman every time due to Roman's lack of NPI

Well then in conclusion, I'm Gonna Vote Tighnari

Via Elemental intangibility and generally better acrobatics, also Environment Advantage and he has higher AP and Durability, well even though Roman has Aura but Tighnari can handle that with his higher AP.

And Now GRACE

The AP gap isn’t very big and Roman has fire and explosions with Tighnari being explicitly stated to be weak to high temperatures. Tighnari’s illusions also wouldn’t be effective since they rely on an opponent losing their cool and attacking the fake which wouldn’t happen with Roman. Tighnari’s main things are arrows and plants both of which are susceptible to fire, I feel like Roman just blasts him and beats him close range with superior skill and LS.

Roman is just a direct counter to Tighnari, I can’t see how he loses.

Last edited:
Back