• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roman faces the law, Torchwick vs Law Enforcer

So lightning can still very much kill a Sim, there is no tanking involved and im seeing nothing about absorbing lightning with anything other than a lightningrod

Hm. Well that makes sense.

Can't say 8-C Sims is very consistent or makes much sense to begin with. You can shoot me a PM when the CRT is up.

WeeklyBattles said:
So lightning can still very much kill a Sim, there is no tanking involved and im seeing nothing about absorbing lightning with anything other than a lightningrod
Lightning ignores durability tough, which you seem to be missing.

And... you litirally quoted the part where they can gain the ability to summon lightning if hit by it.

If lightning hits you, it can kill you even if you are 8-B, 8-A or much higher, as long as you have nerves. The tier comes from using and tanking magical attacks like mana arrows, which have enough energy to summon lightning.

Summoning lightning =/= having the durability to tank the full energy of a lightning bolt. At best that makes them a glass cannon

WeeklyBattles said:
Summoning lightning =/= having the durability to tank the full energy of a lightning bolt. At best that makes them a glass canno
You... are still missing it.

They use the same energy to create proper attacks like fireballs and magic arrows, and they do tank them, without much damage in-fact.

So if I lit a match with a tiny flame of pyrokinesis, but I had a spell that could summon lightning, that flame would be 8-C?

I'm not a big fan of the whole "if one spell can do X, all other spells scale" business. Maybe the small fireball isn't just as powerful as a bolt of lightning.

It isn't exactly small, and it takes more energy to cast.

Plus, they also have an offensive elctric attack that plain aims at the enemy.

Aura is passive, otherwise Adam would not have benn able to stab Sienna while her guard was down.

As for aura protecting the mounth, last time I checked, when someone opens their mouth it's empty space instead of organic matter like teeth or flesh occupying it. Aura has only been shown to coil around the user's body, not the nearby empty space around it. In other words, I can still put things inside them through their open mouths.

Note: Their insides should also be covered with aura.

No it wouldn't be. The whole world of remnant mentioned that it makes it ''around ''their body.

Theraptor99 said:
Note: Their insides should also be covered with aura.
Where does that come from, exactly?

Aura is around the body, not inside of it.

Although I agree with most of what you said, although I feel like if Vol 6/7 continues the trend of "Aura is activated" we might need to start considering the World of Remnant video retconned.

Ok maybe not their insides. What I wanted to say was rather the area inside the mouth and what progressed towards either the stomach or respiratory system since those are areas are connected directly to the outside via thier mouths and nostrils.

Theraptor99 said:
Ok maybe not their insides. What I wanted to say was rather the area inside the mouth and what progressed towards either the stomach or respiratory system since those are areas are connected directly to the outside via thier mouths and nostrils.
Exept that doesn't make it any more reasonable.

There is nothing implying it goes inside of them, at all.

@Theraptor99 did you mean to put that aura is not passive? Your comment doesn't make much sense unless you meant it's not.

No, I meant that what I said about aura covering the insides of someone was at best speculation and could only be confirmed if the show could prove it.

I still agree that aura is not passive nor can it cover the entrance of the mouth when activated.

Bodily openings shouldn't have aura blocking them tbh. People don't need to turn it off to eat n' stuff. I feel like when it appears to do that it's mostly just animation as it would be a pain in the ass to have an aura animation but have it not appear on specifc areas of the modle.

Aura also doesn't block heat/poison/diseases from what I remember.

Must have clicked the same link twice since and din't saw the second image. My apologies.

Still her mouth is closed in the second one and not open.

Can you explain to me why was Adam able to stab Sienna then? It's not like he can keep energy stored for long periods of time as that would be consuming his aura and leave him unable to use it on Sienna later on.

Because his semblance allows him to attack through aura

Thats literally how it works

It makes him strong enough to strike the opponent through their aura without breaking their aura

Exactly

Adam's semblance, Moonslice, was blatantly stated to allow him to bypass aura by striking hard enough to pierce their aura without breaking their aura completely.

Did you even see the video that I posted (the second one). Ozma tells Oscar that he forgot to engage his aura. Later Lie Ren tells them that aura becomes second nature, but this does not mean it becomes passive. It means that you automatically activate your aura only when adrenaline rushes through your boby, as it happens whenever a spar/combat situation takes place. At the very least, it becomes diactivated when you have to eat or become unconscious.

As for Adam's case, there is nothing stating that he keep the energy stored for long periods of time without having to consume aura in order to keep his semblance running.

I consider Aura passive in regards to a battle.

Even then Rooster Teeth seems to be edging away from that; I'd wait for some more contradictions before we throw the World of Remnant video in the bin.

Why is this still a thing?? It's clearly not passive as it's been stated in the show. IT NEEDS TO BE TURNED ON. Just like when Ozpin (in Oscar) has to visibly turn it on.

It's not passive, it's just that they turn it on practically on instinct.

Back