• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kumagawa easy. while Rohan need some time to reach Heaven's Door to catch on his opponent. Kumagawa can just instantly use All Fiction to delete Rohan from any distance.

Rohan most likely wins here with unequal speed he stomps. Unlike Kumagawa, he starts with Heaven's Door immediately. And will erase All Fiction before Kumagawa could use it.

With speed equalized, it will be more difficult for Rohan. But considering his personality, i think he will likely win.

Rohan is also able to "air draw" to activate Heaven's Door, so a good "You cannot attack Kishibe Rohan" would do the trick, as well as "You cannot activate your abilities" for good measures

^ Air draw shouldn't help him that much since he still need to release Heaven's door to catch on Kumagawa first. Even Kumagawa didn't delete Rohan at first move and let him draw Heaven's Door. But with speed equalized, Kumagawa can easily dodge it with pseudo-teleport or delete Haven's Door before it reach to him. So it's really hard for Rohan to win IMO.

Stands are summoned at will and appear almost instantly, Rohan starts off using Heaven's Door like this all the time, and I don't recall Heaven's Door having to catch the opponent

Kumagawa stomps. He makes time "nothing" remember? Also he can just erase Rohan. Rohan only wins if Kumagawa screws around (no pun intended lol) or if he is close to him. Heaven's Door is broken but not as broken as All Fiction.

Why people are forgetting that Kumagawa is cocky as hell ans tend to underestimate his opponents very severely?

He will let Rohan Kishibe attack first and it will be over.

Xanxussama1010 said:
^ Air draw shouldn't help him that much since he still need to release Heaven's door to catch on Kumagawa first. Even Kumagawa didn't delete Rohan at first move and let him draw Heaven's Door. But with speed equalized, Kumagawa can easily dodge it with pseudo-teleport or delete Haven's Door before it reach to him. So it's really hard for Rohan to win IMO.
Kumagawa can't see spirits or ghosts. He won't be able to see HA to even begin with. He will be rewritten.

Xanxussama1010 said:
Hm? IIRC, Rohan need to reach Heaven's Door to his target like this
Doesn't matter. Once you see him draw in air, you are alrealy under Heaven's Door and mostly knocked unconscious. Also later in one shots when HA potential was increaded, he didn't need to HA to reach to people to write on them.

Doesn't matter. Once you see him draw in air, you are alrealy under Heaven's Door and mostly knocked unconscious. Also later in one shots when HA potential was increaded, he didn't need to HA to reach to people to write on them.

First of all, Heaven's Door was never used for battles. He mostly caught people off guard. His actions would just be turned to "nothing" by Kumagawa. If Kumagawa also has Book maker which brings its victim to Kumagawa's Minus level. Don't forget that he can make fatigue, wounds, and even his own death "nothing". Kumagawa is too haxed, versatile, and experienced for Rohan to win.

Heaven's Door can be activated on a person in different ways. Originally, Rohan first activated it by having someone touching a piece of paper he had on him or simply seeing it on paper. And no, Rohan doesn't need to draw in the air to bring out Heaven's Door, that's just being flashy. He's brought it out without his pen on the architect in the Cheap Trick arc.

Though I'm not exactly sure how "time zero" works.

Here is the proof he doesn't need HA to reach people to rewrite them:

J036
Here is Rohan stuck at statio

J037
As you can train and truck is easily more than 900 metres away from statio

J043
Rohan used Heaven's Door on truck driver to stop train despite HA range is 50 m

J044
Here Rohan used HA on driver without reaching him or in range

^ With verse equalization, all supernatural power got equalized, So Kumagawa can see HA like other Stand users.

Well, even Rohan didn't need to HA to reach to people. I Still voting on Kumagawa.

Since OP didn't stated about starting distance, So we assume that both start as far away from each other about 4 kilometers from Standard Battle Assumptions. With that much range, Rohan can't make Kumagawa see HA from that point and need to come closer. While Kumagawa can easily active AF from that range to delete Rohan, or just do pseudo-teleport and stab Rohan with Book Maker. Kumagawa's variety gave more change to win than Rohan.

Xanxussama1010 said:
^ With verse equalization, all supernatural power got equalized, So Kumagawa can see HA like other Stand users.

Well, even Rohan didn't need to HA to reach to people. I Still voting on Kumagawa.

Since OP didn't stated about starting distance, So we assume that both start as far away from each other about 4 kilometers from Standard Battle Assumptions. With that much range, Rohan can't make Kumagawa see HA from that point and need to come closer. While Kumagawa can easily active AF from that range to delete Rohan, or just do pseudo-teleport and stab Rohan with Book Maker. Kumagawa's variety gave more change to win than Rohan.
Pls look at the pic above provibg that rohan dcan rewrite anyone despite distance anymore and don't need Heaven's Door to reach them.

And since OP didn't mention the distance, we can assume that they are only 5 mdtres apart. Not that distance means anything to Rohan anymore now.

@Arigarmy speed is equalized, OP already stated that.

@Hit The Badass Even in that case, I'm still not change my mind. Even Rohan can rewrite from far distance, but Kumagawa also active AF from any distance too. And he should use AF at first move before let Rohan do anything. Kumagawa only cocky because he know he still can win against opponent. The proof is he get serious when fighting Medaka because he can't remiss on her. So that will not happen in this match, against someone that he wanting to kill, didn't know anything about his opponent's skills, and never care to let him alive. He should never hesitate to delete the opponent without wasting any time

^ the only reason he was serious about Medaka was becuz he has prior knowledge and knew she could copy his abilities. And win.

In this case,, no one has any knowledge about each other.. And are in characters.. And as i said earlier, in normal case Kumagawa is too cocky for his own unkike Rohan who takes no shit and uses Heaven's Door even on normal people.

Rohan has this in bag becuz of his own personality nad Kumagawa's personality.

Hm... that probably happen, I think.

Anyway, Kumagawa still has some chance to attack first, As an always loser, he should has high motive to be the winner. Ane he isn't hesitate to do dirty fighting like attack Medaka before the fight begi . So that can be happen in this fight too since he want to be winner.

Furthermore, Kumagawa is the type of person that love to make his enemies sunk in fear. And his Book Maker is great answer for that. So the chance about he quickly stab Rohan with that, make him can't retaliate anything before kill him isn't zero too.

I don't mind about your reason to vote Rohan, I can accept. But I still vote Kumagawa with this reasons too if you don't mind.

All Fiction can make HD actions "nothing"... Kumagawa literally can make time nothing even with speed equalized. And once he uses it he can just erase Rohan. He can erase people with All Fiction. Rohan has no defense against that as all he does is turned to nothing.

Sword guy Z said:
All Fiction can make HD actions "nothing"... Kumagawa literally can make time nothing even with speed equalized. And once he uses it he can just erase Rohan. He can erase people with All Fiction. Rohan has no defense against that as all he does is turned to nothing.
You do realize Rohan can do the same to All Fiction? He can simply erase his abilities if he want to. And the fact that Rohan instantly uses HA on every opponent, unlike Kumagawa who loves to play with his opponents.

All Fiction will be destroyed before Kumagawa could even use it.

Kuma gets stomped. Rohan doesn't mess around. And people are forgetting HD can be drawn in midair and anyone who sees the drawing is under the effects. It's as simple as Kuma will not use All Fiction to attack Rohan instead he will kill himself.

I just remember something, there is a possibility that Kumagawa already has prior knowledge about Rohan before the fight begin.

Kumagawa is a fan of Shonen manga. And he should has knowledge from all Shonen's verses include JoJo. Then he should already know about Rohan too.

Anshin'in used to say something reference from JoJo. That's mean there're JoJo mangas in Medaka Box, and it's hardly to believe that Shonen manga fan like Kumagawa never read famous shonen manga like JoJo.

In that case, then it changed everything. Kumagawa will not be cocky since he know how powerful of Rohan. And not hesitate to quickly to get rid of his opponent before Rohan do anything.

All-the-shonen
Proof about Anshin'in used to reference to JoJo

Yeah I completely forgot that Kumagawa is a huge fan of Jump! There's no way he isn't a fan of JoJo or at least read it.

Doesn't standard battle assumptions mean that neither character has prior knowledge of the other?

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Doesn't standard battle assumptions mean that neither character has prior knowledge of the other?
No prior knowledge mean they never know about each other since they never met another one before this fight. Kumagawa never met Rohan before this match, but he know about Rohan because he has knowledge about him from his verse which is a padory manga with crossover gag and sometime break the 4th wall. So we justify that it's just knowledge that he get from his verse.

It's the same case if we make Gintoki vs Dragon ball characters, Gintoki will automatic has knowledge about them since he get knowledge fron read Jump in his verse.

I didn't think that how battles work here..

When two opponents are put against each other, they have no knowledge abour each other no matter what unless OP stats.

So unless OP states it, Kumagawa has no knowledge of rohan whatsoever.

I'm not sure but I think it should work that way if he knows about it in verse. Especially if it works that way for the Gintama guy.

Alright, IF Kumagawa knows about Rohan and that he always opens up with Heaven's Door, he wins due to reasons above

OP needs to state if they have knowledge about each other or not.

Otherwise, Kumagawa has knowledge on every character in manga. Same goes for Issei, Oga, Deadpool and Blood lad.

And i highly doubt these having knowledge by reading manga in series is applicable in vs battle thrrad.

I don't know if the knowledge is battle applicable. I've seen no rules concerning it and if it's something legit for Kumagawa, I don't want to seem biased by removing it.

@Hit the Badass

I would also consider Kumagawa's knowledge to be more legitimate than not, given the metaphysical parody that Medaka Box is and various characters awareness that it is in fact in Shonen Jump. As for another, similar, example, Pit and Palutena canonically have extensive knowledge of other Nintendo franchises and their appearances in Super Smash Bros. while complaining about the loading screens.

I think the battle hinges upon whether Kumagawa has 4th wall awareness. If he doesn't know about Rohan beforehand, then Rohan will win because he can find out Kumagawa's ability and prevent him from using it, while if he (Kumagawa) does know, then he can simply erase the existence of Stands before Rohan can bring out Heaven's Door

We should proceed with caution in making assumptions here. In my opinion, unless it was directly stated that Kumagawa knows about JJBA AND read up to Part 4 where Rohan appeared, we should not assume he knows.

It sure would get very messy if we assume that every character shown to be a fan of Jump knows everything there is to know about popular Jump series, unless of course stated directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back