• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots: Orphan-Maker vs. Alphonse Elric

Not really, upscaling doesn't bridge a x2 gap, Alphonse should have a not huge but notable advantage in that regard.

That's unquantifiable still.

Regardless, what's OM's go-to?

Upscaling doesn't completely close AP gaps and isn't quantifiable but one can't deny it helps regardless, saying it doesn't seems kinda dum, 'specially when the gap ain't that large. 🤷‍♂️

Following.

That's not how we treat it, though. Like you can go back and forth on this but it's just not it.
Rip, he's more of a bullrusher in h2h combat, reliant on tackles and throws, which given LS advantage is considerably effective.
It's >10 tons vs >5.4 tons, a notable advantage but not enough to completely crush him via grappling, especially since to my understanding Alphonse has a lot more training and skill, with a lot of that skill going into grappling.

Last edited:
That's not how we treat it, though. Like you can go back and forth on this but it's just not it.
it is
It's >10 tons vs >5.4 tons, a notable advantage but not enough to completely crush him via grappling, especially since to my understanding Alphonse has a lot more training and skill, with a lot of that skill going into grappling.
I mean 2x times stronger is pretty damn significant.

Ignoring this from now on, you're simply wrong, unless you can back up your claim that a generic upscale is worth 2x. Given we explicitly avoid giving it a number, I don't think you can. (And for the record a x2 gap is totally enough to stomp someone)
I mean 2x times stronger is pretty damn significant.
Yeah but like, Alphonse is a way better fighter, if you're just a dumb brawler I don't think just a LS advantage works. Plus, what would you even do upon grappling him? All your limbs are busy holding him in place and it's not like you can choke him out, and unless you have the foresight to hold him in a specific way which you wouldn't without knowledge, he can just tap the ground to free himself with Alchemy.

Speaking of which Al can utilize alchemy to immobilize or attack Orphan Maker from a distance, if he decides H2H isn't his speed.

Last edited:
Back