• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Robocop vs Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
RoboCop Apro319
Halo3MC
This fight is finally fair, battle between America's favorite cyborgs.

Both characters are allowed heavy weaponry; 8-C versions of both. Master Chief has the Fuel Rod Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Needler, a few UNSC grenades, Shotgun, and a Sniper Rifle. Forerunner weapons are banned.

No outside help, meaning Master Chief has no Cortana, now defensive power ups, no tactical nukes or MAC Blast, and no bubble shields.

Speed is equalized

Who wins and why?

RoboCop - 0

Master Chief - 3

Please specify on the key moreso than what you say

And anyways, the 8-C weapons are Forerunner Weapons IIRC, that or the Splazer. The Splazer is useless, too slow, but Forerunner weapons would cut through Robocop like butter, especially the Binary Rifle, which can ionize Spartans in one shot (Might calc that eventually). In terms of intelligence, Master Chief seems superior by far, with augmentations making him a systematic weapon of war yet the tactical and strategic mastery I doubt Robocop can compare to. Lastly, while Robocop has a maneuverability advantage slightly via flight, Master Chief is far more dexterous and swift in every other way, and would not give Robocop a chance to start flying, plus he still has superhuman levels of jumping and acrobatics, I think he could be able to catch Robocop if he tries flying. Plus, Master Chief has fought and defeated Sangheli Rangers before, so IDK if RC would be THAT bad.

So due to weapons that move at light speed and could basically ignore durability and vaporize Robocop, far superior skill and experience, and much more dexterity and overall maneuverability to counter RC's flight, I think The Chief wins this.

Speed is equalized, so any speed advantages won't be counted; speed equalization also equalizes attack speed meaning even the laser projectiles are the same speed as their movement speeds. Also, Robocop is surprisingly creative, he can scan the pressure points of his opponents weapons can create a way to render them worthless; he uses a pistol to make machine guns worthless all the time.

But I'll specify Chief's weapons more.

Fan voted before specifications were made, so I'll have to wait to see if any opinion changed before I count vote; also, important to note that Robocop is physically stronger and more durable against melee attacks.

Both have weaponry that can potentially one shot the other. Robocop is screwed if Chief gets a direct hit with the Splaser or Incineration cannon. He could most definately land a hit with the Binary rifle witch can easily incinerate fully armored Spartans. That should be more than enough to at least incinerate large portions of Robocop's body. The weapon arm will mess up MC on direct impact. I think Robocop would be too slow to get into h2h combat with Chief.

Overall I would give my vote to MC for decades of experience fighting squads of enemies comparable to him, and is no stranger to dealing with weapons that could one shot him.

Is there any figure for the AP of the sticky grenade? Is Robocop vunreble to EMP's? If so MC can temporarily incapacitate him with the plasma pistol.

The sticky grenade yields tier 8 level power IIRC. It flash vaporizes all human flesh in a 5 meter radius IIRC.

Also I meant even when speed is equallized, RC is much more bulky than MC and has far less dexterity and maneuverability, sans his flight. Chief is much more acrobatic and "swift", not fast in this case, but can displace his speed better.

OP just banned Forerunner weapons. The Fuel Rod cannon will still severely damage robocop. Robocop's pistol is irrelevant in this fight. This comes down to the Cobra cannon and his weapon arm. MC's rocket launcher will wear down Robocop in due time since it is 9-A iirc. I still give it to Chief for having far more combat experience fighting squads of enemies comparable to him. With them often having weapons that would instakill Chief.

Also Scattershot is still capable of vaporizing Spartans at close range. So that will screw Robocop up pretty badly too.

Sorry, I meant to say shotgun rather than Scattershot, also I need to add that Robocop is physically stronger; 8-C vs 9-A physically, and MC's 8-C durability rating doesn't apply to melee attacks; Spartans are pretty much glass cannons when it comes toe melee.

Also, Robocop has tanked plasma lasers and stuff and a truck that exploded in his face and destroyed an entire building.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Sorry, I meant to say shotgun rather than Scattershot, also I need to add that Robocop is physically stronger; 8-C vs 9-A physically, and MC's 8-C durability rating doesn't apply to melee attacks; Spartans are pretty much glass cannons when it comes toe melee.
Also, Robocop has tanked plasma lasers and stuff and a truck that exploded in his face and destroyed an entire building.
So.... you took away MC's weapons that could put Robocop down? Its one thing to give such a massive downgrade(That I'm not 100% sure about tbh). But another thing entirely to restrict one character's weapons to try and give the other the upper hand.

Explosions /=/ Plasma/energy. Are those same lasers 8-C or above? If not then the Fuel Rod cannon does the job nicely. Any proof that Spartans are Glass cannons In Mele? Sure that is true if you count Game Mechanics. But I don't recall MC's armor ever crumpling up like a can whenever he was struct by Sangheli or Brutes in the novels. If he truly was a mele Glass canno He shouldn't have survived his 30 year career.

Please don't attack other users, and I'm trying not to make this a stomp; making it as even as possible. Anyway, I normally avoid use Game Theory, but this video actually shows some proof from Fall of Reach that proves that Spartans literally are susceptible to melee attacks. A good punch can cause Spartans to lose connection to that chip in their brain that enables them to keep up with MJOLNIR. Which ultimately causes them to get crushed by their own armor. And actually, it is a very common weakness for characters that wear heavy armor. Armor Knights from Fire Emblem are susceptible to hammers for that very same concept, so please don't accuse other members of bias; there was a lack of knowledge of Newton's third law regarding Doom revisions on another thread. And no, I don't mean literally glass cannon, as in having less durability than AP, but his durability against melee attacks is only 9-A at best; Spartan Charge and Body Slam were calc'd at 9-A and those same attacks oneshot Spartans; fact.

And as for Robocop's lasers, those are more like 9-B lasers, but Robocop still has heat resistance; anyway, Fuel Rod Cannon is still tough for Murphy, so I'll add your votes for that. But people are still kind of downplaying Robo here...

Edit: Also, Master Chief's AP downgrade came from WeeklyBattles, not me; I only did it for the durability, striking strength, ect, which Fllflourine and FanofRPGs agreed. City Block level or even Large Building level durability ratings were completely removed do to lack of justification and Calc Stacking. Heck, even Spartan laser was only 1.7 tons, Building level+.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Please don't attack other users, and I'm trying not to make this a stomp; making it as even as possible. Anyway, I normally avoid use Game Theory, but this video actually shows some proof from Fall of Reach that proves that Spartans literally are susceptible to melee attacks. A good punch can cause Spartans to lose connection to that chip in their brain that enables them to keep up with MJOLNIR. Which ultimately causes them to get crushed by their own armor. And actually, it is a very common weakness for characters that wear heavy armor. Armor Knights from Fire Emblem are susceptible to hammers for that very same concept, so please don't accuse other members of bias; there was a lack of knowledge of Newton's third law regarding Doom revisions on another thread. And no, I don't mean literally glass cannon, as in having less durability than AP, but his durability against melee attacks is only 9-A at best; Spartan Charge and Body Slam were calc'd at 9-A and those same attacks oneshot Spartans; fact.
And as for Robocop's lasers, those are more like 9-B lasers, but Robocop still has heat resistance; anyway, Fuel Rod Cannon is still tough for Murphy, so I'll add your votes for that. But people are still kind of downplaying Robo here...

Edit: Also, Master Chief's AP downgrade came from WeeklyBattles, not me; I only did it for the durability, striking strength, ect, which Fllflourine and FanofRPGs agreed. City Block level or even Large Building level durability ratings were completely removed do to lack of justification and Calc Stacking. Heck, even Spartan laser was only 1.7 tons, Building level+.
I'm sorry. Whenever I get even the slightest sense of bias even if there is none it hits a nerve in me.

If Robocop's best resistance to energy weapons is 9-B. An 8-C energy weapon is likley to melt/shred his chest armor or even a whole limb if he's unlucky enough. What kind of AP do UNSC grenades have?

-Oh god here comes the wall fo text again: the Armor is not vulnerable to meelee attacks, the part from the Fall of Reach shows a video of a DEMOSTRARION of the prototypes of Mjolnir used with a Marine without any major upgrades, thats why he got crushed (Not to mention Game Theory and the infamous Sonic calc. showing that for them Calcs. > Feats), I mean in the Chief vs Locke fight they trade various punches and didnt get his neuro conection ripped off, I dont give a **** about Fire Emblem so I gonna skip that, and no, I know what the laws of physics, you and MrKingofNegativity were forgetting the fact that Doomguy only ripped parts from their enemies (Except Spidermastermind) and used against them, If you ripped a tube from a building and hit anyone with the same tube would be more powerful than using your fist and wouldnt need the same force to destroy the building, Doomguy leaves them at near dead stage and thats the only way the Glory kills can be used (Not to mention that the BFG from the calc. is the one from Doom 3 and not the original, the BFG from Doom 3 is made by a completely different manufacturer), and yes they were calc. at 9-A and kills in One-Shot (Except Spartan Charge), but not because they were calc. at 9-A means that you need to downgrade their Dura. If Spartans gets calc. at 8-B, 8-A or 7-C the Ground Pound would scale to them, not because a character die from an attack previously calc. you are gonna downgrade the character, you scale to it. (And dont try to use the fact that Comicbooks and Cutscenes show that shields dont react to punches or bullets, because If we are gonna be bias on them the only thing in the Haloverse with Shields is the Banshee.)

-I dont give a **** about the treath.

-And the dura. was wrong, but never was calc stack it was just bad interpretation and little to no information about the results of a calculation leaving them at those levels.

Don't drop my name in discussions I'm not participating in, especially in order to bring up nonsense that implies I was biased or ignoring facts at any point where I wasn't.

Please don't derail the thread with off topic discussions, but I will mention other things. John and Locke were actively trying not to kill each other, so they weren't necessary punching at full force; anyway, it is common that punching full metal armor with enough force causes the suit to be pushed into the chest thus breaking their bones ect. Spartan Armor is no different; keep in mind, without MJOLNIR, Spartans are only Wall level, so it makes sense for a 9-A punch pushing a 9-A plated suit; though has shields the reflect up to 8-C projectiles and explosions, into a 9-B body to be fatal. Atriax using the gravity hammer was also more so him just swinging it rather casually; it was a casual horizontal swing intended to just knock him away, and not a vertical swing that would have flattened Jerome otherwise. Anyway, Spartans don't have any Tier 8 durability feats against melee attacks; and even their best blunt force trauma durability feats outside of scaling are only Wall level; particularly the re-entry feat.

And actually, Doomslayer is 7-C physically for many reasons; a thwack using Cyberdemon's horns caused Cyberdemon's head to explode. Also, you said Doomguy with Berserk should have Town Class striking strength and only Building level durability, that's where the lack of Newton's 3rd law came from. Doomslayer also scales to The Titan, who should be Town level via sheer size, but that's off topic.

And by calc stacking, I meant, tanking multiple 9-B shots =/= 9-A or higher durability, but Regi included those as an older justification for 9-A durability; though, he still 9-A physically for other reasons. And same with the 8-B calc from Onyx Sentinel; they used the wrong formula being the vaporization of rock instead of the Pulverization value. Correct result was 9-A and backed up by my calc on vaporizing a Kig-Yar.

-No, John was kid when he perfom 9-B feats, the ba%le was serious, Lock wanted to arrest Chief and in a single punch broke his visor, they were fighting at high strenght, and the fact that "MJOLNIR" crush Spartan bones is so useless as an argument, the Ground Pound that you mention would be a suicide move since put all their weight and punch the floor, by using your logic that would break their backs and hands, your Atriox explanation doesnt have a use really, and yes they have feats for that, fighting against Elites and Brutes, because they can survive a shot of the Fuel Rod Cannon, the re-entry feat is useless as an excuse, he was just sleeping and the fact that Armor Lock can be activated manual is a thing.

- With a Berserker Shpere 7-C is understandable, normal Doomguy? Is far from 7-C Striking Strenght, using something with a tip would make for a far more piercing attack.

-I dont want to talk about old calcs.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Please don't derail the thread with off topic discussions, but I will mention other things. John and Locke were actively trying not to kill each other, so they weren't necessary punching at full force; anyway, it is common that punching full metal armor with enough force causes the suit to be pushed into the chest thus breaking their bones ect. Spartan Armor is no different; keep in mind, without MJOLNIR, Spartans are only Wall level, so it makes sense for a 9-A punch pushing a 9-A plated suit; though has shields the reflect up to 8-C projectiles and explosions, into a 9-B body to be fatal. Atriax using the gravity hammer was also more so him just swinging it rather casually; it was a casual horizontal swing intended to just knock him away, and not a vertical swing that would have flattened Jerome otherwise. Anyway, Spartans don't have any Tier 8 durability feats against melee attacks; and even their best blunt force trauma durability feats outside of scaling are only Wall level; particularly the re-entry feat.
And actually, Doomslayer is 7-C physically for many reasons; a thwack using Cyberdemon's horns caused Cyberdemon's head to explode. Also, you said Doomguy with Berserk should have Town Class striking strength and only Building level durability, that's where the lack of Newton's 3rd law came from. Doomslayer also scales to The Titan, who should be Town level via sheer size, but that's off topic.

And by calc stacking, I meant, tanking multiple 9-B shots =/= 9-A or higher durability, but Regi included those as an older justification for 9-A durability; though, he still 9-A physically for other reasons. And same with the 8-B calc from Onyx Sentinel; they used the wrong formula being the vaporization of rock instead of the Pulverization value. Correct result was 9-A and backed up by my calc on vaporizing a Kig-Yar.
You're implying that Spartans only have 9-B durability against mele attacks??? What? So a Sledehammer at full potential could harm Chief. ? Then why didn't Master Chief or Agent Locke crumple up and die during their battle after the first hit? Why didn't Master Chief crumple up and die when he was hit by Brutes and Elites during his 30 year campaign?

I did not imply that Spartans have 9-B durability against melee attacks; I simply used that as proof that there is no proof that Spartans have no durability feats against melee attacks higher than 9-A. There durability against melee attacks is 9-A and durability against, bullets, explosives, fire, and many other attacks is 8-C. Also, Spartan Charge, Body Slam, ect. And to be specific, Spartans can take up to three punches from other Spartans; still proof that physical durability is comparable to their striking strength, but also still proof that that they don't fair too well against melee attacks.

And yeah, please do not use long quotes as they tend to be lag inducing and cause a lot of repetition. Preferably just type a "@Username" and then type in the rest of your comment.

Edit: Also, the Fuel Rod Cannon is not a melee attack, so there is still no justification that Spartans have 8-C durability against melee attacks. And even then, Spartans barely survive Fuel Rod Cannon, which is just barely 8-C by the way, and Spartans barely survive one hit; and that one hit usually still renders them incapacitated. Spartan Charge and Body Slam are still only 9-A; and much stronger than their average punch, which is still 9-A, but closer to baseline in that regard. I should also note that the susceptibility to melee attacks generally applies when being punched in the back or chest; which is where the heart is.

Again, don't derail with Doom arguments, but there's little distinction between the striking strength ratings between punches and swords for example; regardless whether Doomslayer was punching or thrusting him with a horn, it still blows his head off OPM style. And as mentioned, Doomslayer is still 7-C physically for other reasons; such as The Titan as mentioned above.

Sorry but your arguments are lackluster at best, Chief easily kicked a Chieftain and Chieftains are able to survive more than 1 Fuel Rod, SHIELDS REACT TO BULLETS, PUNCHES AND OTHER PHYSICAL ATTACKS, the games show it like that, the Shield, Armor Lock-Up and Spartans have never been crush by their Armor, they have Gel caps to prevent it.

I'm well aware of the difference between the shield and health bars; most weapons first drain shields, and don't drain health to shields are empty; melee attacks drain both at the same time. Elites and Brutes still have similar weaknesses in which their durability against melee attacks is still only 9-A. And yest, Armor Lock-Ups and other power ups due give protection against melee attacks, but not the standard built in regenerating shields. Don't compare bullets to punches; yes they're both physical attacks; even plasma weapons are physical. Penetration, Blunt Force Trauma, and Heat are all physical components. Three 9-A punches is still more than enough force to put a Spartan down; same with Elites. Brutes take a few more hits sure, but still 9-A physically without weapons or armor. Gravity hammers oneshot Spartans even with shields I should add; though Armor Lock-Up and Invincibility is different, but he does not have those in this thread.

I think you dont understand what I am refering, I am refering to the downplay about shields you have given to Chief not the treath, Shields react to contact and physical attacks, even the Chieftain who survives many shots from the Fuel Rod got outmatched by Chief, you didnt explain why I cant compare bullets to punches, only discribed about that Plasma and some others are Physical and Spartans survive nore than just three punches, see Chief vs Locke, and no, Locke wasnt surpressing his strenght, neither Chief.

I do understand what you're referring to regarding the shields. However, I still think you're getting other things mixed up. Shields give protection against all sorts of projectiles and explosions yes. Brute Chieftain's shields can withstand multiple fuel rods, depends on the difficulty setting really, but that somewhat falls into the game mechanics category. Yes, John can beat Chieftains with punches, but it is extremely difficult for him; and doesn't change the fact that the strongest Spartan punches are 9-A; Chieftains still have similar durability rating; 9-A without shields, 8-C with shields. So there's still no proof that punches don't phase through the shields.

I looked up John vs Locke multiple times; they mostly just nudge and wrestle each other; they rarely actually hit each other with punches. And they mostly punched each others arms, and the kicks they used were more of a push kick intended to knock them back; not damage their chest. Yes there were a few direct hit punches, but no justification of durability higher than 9-A. There was no Spartan Charge, Body Slam, ect. Off topic, but that fight scene was underwhelming to be honest...

There is proof of shields both in-game and lore wise, howerver there is no proof of what you are saying, you even contradict yourself saying that the Shields react to heavy physical contact but punches can harm and bypass shields? That doesnt make sense, and CHieftains dont have Shields thay are pure armor.

Because explosions and Fuel Rod Cannons have their AP being mostly heat based rather than blunt force trauma. Same with Bullets, all of those bullets are 9-C to 9-B as far as joules of energy are concerned; they can damage people with higher than 9-B durability yes, but that's penetration rather than force. On topic, marines and Kig-Yars survive some of those same bullets and they are not 9-A; even Grunts, who are 10-C physically have survived pistol shots.

And actually, Tartarus for example does use shields that grant great resistance to various heavy weapons in which he's invulnerable to most of Thel's weapons until Johnson disables them with beam rifle; but even without Johnson, it's still possible to harm Tartarus with punches and energy swords.

Why are you sing excuses only to downgrade everything, Fuel Rod are of impact and desintegrate Human flesh, they arent pure Blunt Force, the bullets are stronger, the only gun with penetraition is the Sniper Rifle, none of the basic weapons have penetration only with some exceptions, Grunts and Kig Yards are stronger than 9-B, they survive various Plasma Shots. Same as before they scale not because a character is damaged by lower AP based on calcs. it means that you need to downgrade it.

Tartarus is the only Brute with Shields (Without taking Halo Wars 2 in the Mix) and he never fiught Chief.

Not using excuses, I'm explaining the scientific details. Fuel Rod Cannons aren't pure blunt force, I'm well aware of that. There is some force, but most of its AP comes from the heat that melts steel and incinerates human flesh. But that's something MJOLNIR shields have some resistance to; punches on the other hand are sheer brute force which is something many character that wear heavy armor tend to have a weakness towards. Spartans still have 9-A striking strength with their strongest body slams and is what is rated on his profile; and that scales to their MJOLNIR plating durability. If I did not include the weakness to striking strength as a weakness, their would have been little to no justification that Spartans had 9-A durability without shields; but Wall level durability without shields and Room level to Building level durability with shields sounds even more absurd. So what's rated now on his profile is still the best option. The other option would be to have no distinction between MJOLNIR shieldings and MJOLNIR plating altogether, but that also sounds absurd since durability in lore clearly drops exponentially when shields are down.

Pistols and Rifles from Halo are stronger than their RL counterparts? Yes, but not by very much. The M6 Magnum was still calc'd at around 1,000 joules; stronger than various real world pistols, but the kinetic energy given the size of the bullet and the Supersonic muzzle velocity is only 9-C. Same with Assault Rifles being around 3,500 joules; that's still only Street level+. Sniper Rifles are like 12,000 joules, but that's still Wall level. Also, all bullets have penetration; just some more than others. Due to penetration, 9-C pistols can potentially harm characters with up to 9-A durability, and Sniper Rifles can harm characters with up to 8-B durability. But for both of those, if they're close to the high end point, they'll need to shoot the eye or something to harm them. I know KIg-Yars are 10-A to 9-C physically with 9-B durability scaling from the marines, but Grunts are 10-C physically with around 10-A durability; any normal marine can easily kill grunts with punches. Grunts surviving plasma is kind of rare; although, it probably depends what class of grunts.

Actually, in Halo 3, All Jiralhanae are described as having energy shields according to this page.

Anyway, please no more derailing of the thread. If you have any more questions or concerns, I'm open to chat on message walls. You could also politely ask FanofRPGs or Soldier Blue's opinions on the weakness section or the durability distinction between MJOLNIR plating or MJOLNIR shielding; but they both agreed with me last I heard. But please, no more derails on the main topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back