• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Commander Shepard vs Markus Fenix - Mass Gears

Aight this is a matchup I was meaning to get around to. I was gonna do Shepard versus Master Chief but Chief ap stomps from what I could tell. Hopefully this will be more equal.
  • Speed is equalised
  • Soldier Shepard is being used with no tier 8 equipment
  • Marcus is equipped with Flashbang, Shock, Incendiary, Stim, Ink, and Smoke Grenades. And has his Mark 3 Lancer Assault Rifle, Gnasher Shotgun and Longshot Sniper Rifle. He has no fabricator
  • Fight takes place in a war torn battlefield
  • Both are 50 meters apart
  • SBA otherwise
I should go: 0

Gear: 0

Incon: 0

ok.
from what i understood both will start by shooting.
Going to Shepard's profile:
Weakness - "In addition, the shielding afforded by kinetic barriers does not protect against extremes of temperature, toxins, or radiation", meaning grenades will f*ck him. Marcus'd throw smoke grenades first and then incendiary grenades, maybe giving time for Shepard to get out of the smoke and by consequence not getting much hurt by the incendiary grenades.

When noticing Bullets aren't much efficient, Marcus can try approaching to shoot with Gnasher after throwing a flashbang.
problem is: Tech Armor and other shields can be strenghened and Shepard has a ton of types of grenades too.

If Marcus start by grenading, what Shepard's doing in response?

Shepard's shields are tier 8 apparently so he doesn't have them in this fight (May try to crt that tier down the line as iirc Garrus's shields were overwhelmed in 2 in a cutscene among other things)

Soldier Shepard doesn't have Tech Armor in this fight as that's not his class power, what he does have is Adrenaline Rush which slows down Shep's perception of time and amps his AP. Assuming Marcus starts by tossing grenades Shepard is liable to open with this as its the class's signature power, less likely would be Concussion Shot which is a projectile with a small degree of homing which floors and knocks down people with comparable LS to Shep.

Shepard's shields are tier 8 apparently so he doesn't have them in this fight (May try to crt that tier down the line as iirc Garrus's shields were overwhelmed in 2 in a cutscene among other things)

Soldier Shepard doesn't have Tech Armor in this fight as that's not his class power, what he does have is Adrenaline Rush which slows down Shep's perception of time and amps his AP. Assuming Marcus starts by tossing grenades Shepard is liable to open with this as its the class's signature power, less likely would be Concussion Shot which is a projectile with a small degree of homing which floors and knocks down people with comparable LS to Shep.
so he'd be hit by the grenades and then bring Marcus to the ground?

SGT Fenix has dealt with it a couple times, so he'd be shooting right afterwards either with his Assault or with his Precision rifles
how do Shepard deal with that?

Assuming Shepard gets tagged by most things he can reduce the damage he takes via Immunity. Adrenaline Rush is also faster as its basically thought based in activation. Also any idea what skill feats we have for Marcus? I can pull up a list of things for Shepard

Assuming Shepard gets tagged by most things he can reduce the damage he takes via Immunity. Adrenaline Rush is also faster as its basically thought based in activation. Also any idea what skill feats we have for Marcus? I can pull up a list of things for Shepard
there's been a long time since i've played GOW, so i can't be the best supporter available for sure
but i don't think Marcus can win this one

Tbf Marcus's grenades can mess Shepard up and if it got to cqc I would favour him there imo, both have healing too so that cancels out. Shepard's skill feats include being better than Garrus Vakarian, who could hold his own for 24 hrs straight against three entire merc bands by himself before needing to be rescued. And also being able to fodder Asari commandos who at a lowball have decades of combat experience.

Guess if OP's are allowed to vote I'll cast a vote for Shep atm, via using adrenaline rush and various ammo types and likely better skill unless we get a counter there.

Tbf Marcus's grenades can mess Shepard up and if it got to cqc I would favour him there imo, both have healing too so that cancels out. Shepard's skill feats include being better than Garrus Vakarian, who could hold his own for 24 hrs straight against three entire merc bands by himself before needing to be rescued. And also being able to fodder Asari commandos who at a lowball have decades of combat experience.

Guess if OP's are allowed to vote I'll cast a vote for Shep atm, via using adrenaline rush and various ammo types and likely better skill unless we get a counter there.
you are able to vote once, like everyone else, my g
won't vote yet, cuz i'm not knowledgeable, i just like it and played when i was younger, may be wrong here

Back