• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse/Riordan Imprint Discussion Thread #1

Just finished rereading old riordan books, found an interview and decided to make a thread.

This discussion also is aimed towards driving hype for the 'next' book in the riordan imprint: Aru Shah and the End of Time.

I cant wait for March. </3

Cool to see another mythology being added to the ranks.

Wonder how Uncle Rick is going to handle this one.

TheFinalOrder said:
He's not the author i don't think. He's acting in like...a producer role.
He is basically a creative consultant on an imprint.

Generally speaking, these authors have some autonomy with the story, the final say on some things go to Uncle Rick.

I could update the OP with the new mythologies being added.

But TLDR:

Hindu Mythology Book: (March 2018)

Trials of Apollo New Book (April or May 2018)

Korean and Mayan Mythology Books (Fall 2018)

So great time to be a reader.

MOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR MMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ISLAND LEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

TheFinalOrder said:
Hmmm...Idk if I like this. I'll stick to Rick's own hand written work. I'll not touch these "Spin-offs".
Riordan is a good author, but I never once hated seeing other authors dip in the same verse. Part of the reason why I love EU in star wars so much. Plus, there reviews so that helps- Also, film serials like advengers, new stars etc etc have new writers all the time. @DMUA

Code:
Lul.

KinkiestSins said:
TheFinalOrder said:
Hmmm...Idk if I like this. I'll stick to Rick's own hand written work. I'll not touch these "Spin-offs".
Riordan is a good author, but I never once hated seeing other authors dip in the same verse.
Part of the reason why I love EU in star wars so much. Plus, there reviews so that helps- Also, film serials like advengers, new stars etc etc have new writers all the time. @DMUA

Code:
Lul.
I get that....idk, guess I'm being a little stubborn. I'll wait for reviews on goodreads, so, we'll see. The only thing is, you're kind of limited doing this though. The scale of things have to stay "relatively" small.

Well, It's intriguing none the less, I'd lovecto write stories in Riordanverse, but my goal is to surpass his series with my own novels I'm writing >~>

Riordan is a good author, but I never once hated seeing other authors dip in the same verse.
Part of the reason why I love EU in star wars so much. Plus, there reviews so that helps- Also, film serials like advengers, new stars etc etc have new writers all the time. @DMUA

Code:
Lul.
I get that....idk, guess I'm being a little stubborn. I'll wait for reviews on goodreads, so, we'll see. The only thing is, you're kind of limited doing this though. The scale of things have to stay "relatively" small.

Well, It's intriguing none the less, I'd lovecto write stories in Riordanverse, but my goal is to surpass his series with my own novels I'm writing >~>

I feel that. But more so for me, I want to create my own verse. I am already 1/5th the way through my book. Oh well, lets hope for the best. /fingers crossed

And lul no worries. I am stubborn with what I read too. I am stil not reading dark tower despite all the recommendations, mostly because...book 1 is atrociously boring <\3

@Kinkiestsins

PM about your series, bro. I'll give you some feedback if you want. I'd like to also get your feedback on my series. It's copyrighted though....just saying, lol.

TheFinalOrder said:
@Kinkiestsins

PM about your series, bro. I'll give you some feedback if you want. I'd like to also get your feedback on my series. It's copyrighted though....just saying, lol.
Maybe once I finish it, I will :p You can add me on discord or skype~ Its on my wall and we can talk lul.

Back