• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are straight up ignoring what Obito says. He doesn't say that he is binding Naruto he states that the rods are bonding him and directly compares them to those of Nagato's.

Again both that statement and to tobirama's more than proves that touch at that point works. On top of that Obito isn't being controlled by the rods he is being controlled by a seal that Madara puts on him. That just proves that the seal is more powerful a binding than the rods. Once again resistance doesn't mean immunity a strong ability than the one you resist would still break through resistances.
well look like u didnt understand it.he can bind ppl who touch it w chakra chain.its not instantly bind u when u touch it.

here already shown the one that bind him was the chakra chain that come from the stake/rod. it show naruto can touch it n nearly pluck it out before obito bind him use the chain from the rod.its not passively bind u he need to do manually. n it stated that chain come from the rod are binding him not the rod. that already show what he mean by bind who touch it = chakra chain from the rod. so hes not wrong. u just misunderstood the context.

kakashi already broke the seal before he got controlled by madara's rod cmiiw

here another proof to show touch it will not have affect if u didnt get stabbed by it n before obito bind it

Last edited:
I agree with OP's stated. I have an question, Didn't Rinnegan: Black Recevier and Jigen's Rod are very different power, Naruto's thought "What's with these Rods?! They're sucking my Chakra out of me?!" Jigen's Rod can absorb on the opponent's Chakra or what? He spammed Naruto/Sasuke by using a Black Rod aka Drain Chakra in Anime and Manga.

Edit: Never mind, I check Isshiki's profile and please Ignored this my comment except I agree this OP's stated.

Last edited:
So, everything seems fine. I think the applications can already be made, right? Only bad disagrees, everyone else seems to agree.

Me: I'm not touching this verse again
Also me: Upgrades the verse

Hey everybody, KT here. I'm here to add some stuff to a few profiles.

Black Receivers​

First thing is all Rinnegan users. I say all Rinnegan users because the Fourth Databook says that the rods are a trademark of the Rinnegan (pg 255) and we see 3 Rinnegan users produce these rods. Madara (647), Obito (636), and Nagato (444).

First thing these do is give Paralysis. These rods stop the movements of all who the user will (that is touching it).
Pretty straightforward.

Next, these give Body Puppetry, Telepathy, and Mind Control.
Body Puppetry is via the Rods controlling the victim's movements (444). More rods allow them to make more complex movements and to coordinate better (421).
Telepathy and Mind Control is via being able to speak out of the victims.

Something that many don't know about is that the Six Paths of Pain technique work on alive hosts (428). They are revived then controlled via the chakra rods, shown with the Edo Tensei who are revived (544).

Resistance to Above​

Naruto with a small portion of the Nine Tails Chakra is able to move and not be controlled by Nagato's technique via fighting off his chakra at a very close range (444).
The Bijuu are capable of overpowering that control to where the user doesn't have good control (567).
Jinchuriki should scale off of those.

Rinnegan users are immune to their effects (673).

In Conclusion​

Black Receivers get Paralysis, Body Puppetry, Telepathy, and Mind Control.
Jinchuriki and Rinnegan users get resistance to above.
List the pages that need to be unlocked

Hey! Really sorry for the delay. Like I said, I'll apply the changes, but first a few minor-ish comments I'd like to make.
Me: I'm not touching this verse again
Also me: Upgrades the verse
Nice try, but We all know it's just a decoy for your giga brain future downgrade threads that'll put the God tiers at 9-C, smh smh.

Black Receivers​

First thing is all Rinnegan users. I say all Rinnegan users because the Fourth Databook says that the rods are a trademark of the Rinnegan (pg 255) and we see 3 Rinnegan users produce these rods. Madara (647), Obito (636), and Nagato (444).
This is obviously fine. Nagato, Obito, and Madara have the same eye to begin with, so it's self-explanatory why they share the same abilities. Hagoromo should have it, too, through clear implication that he has all the abilities Nagato displayed, plus all the comparisons made between him and Nagato/Madara, etc etc.
Sasuke should probably get them as well, since he's showcased two of the Rinnegan's Six Paths, but if a "Possibly" is more preferable for him, then that's fine by me.

I don't think people like Momoshiki should get any of this stuff, though. His Rinnegan hasn't really showcased any similarities to the other "Six Paths" type Rinnegan, except Jutsu absorption, but even that works differently than the standard version we saw Nagato and the others use.
I remember his rods showcasing Paralysis, so he should probably get that, but everything else I'm extremely skeptical on.
First thing these do is give Paralysis. These rods stop the movements of all who the user will (that is touching it).
Pretty straightforward.
Indeed, this is straightforward. I agree.
Next, these give Body Puppetry, Telepathy, and Mind Control.
Body Puppetry is via the Rods controlling the victim's movements (444). More rods allow them to make more complex movements and to coordinate better (421).
Telepathy and Mind Control is via being able to speak out of the victims.
Okay, so this is where I start disagreeing a bit. Maybe disagreeing is a strong word. I guess, it's more like I'd like to offer a different perspective.
So Body Puppetry is obviously fine, no issues there. Telepathy is also okay because the Paths can relay their thoughts to each other. But about the Mind Control thing, uh, I think maybe Possession is a bit better? The Chakra Receivers, well, receive chakra transmitted through chakra signals, which allows Nagato to take control over the target's body. As you pointed out before, we know this is super similar to the Yamanaka clan's Mind Tranfer techniques, which also pretty much allows one to project their chakra into another's body and take control of them. I can see the Mind Control angle for sure, especially in regards to the Edo Jins, but I believe Possession as an ability already covers the aspect of taking complete control over a target's body and actions.
Also, I'm aware that we give Yamanaka peeps Mind Manip as well, but if I'm correct about this, then that should also be removed for them, too.
Something that many don't know about is that the Six Paths of Pain technique work on alive hosts (428).
This technically has no bearing on this upgrade in general, so I'm hesitant to comment on it, but eh what the hell....
I'm honestly not really convinced about this point at all. I feel like you're misinterpreting Shizune's comments if I'm being honest. All of her theory comes down to her examining the chakra receivers. She deduced how they work with the added info Inoichi gave her. She understood that the rods are used to receive chakra transmitted through chakra signals. She also figured out that Pain uses the rods to control the different Paths. This is all true. However, her saying "this proves Lord Fukasaku's hypothesis that Pain has the ability to revive the dead" doesn't actually proof that the Six Paths of Pain are literally alive shinobi being manipulated by Nagato. Let's go over what we know, alright?
  • Like I said, everything Shizune knows about this whole process is what she learns by studying the chakra receivers and how they work. We know that the chakra receivers don't have the ability to revive the dead, they just receive chakra and control/manipulate bodies in various ways. Can they control live targets as well? Yes, but that in and of itself does not prove that the Paths are actually living people. Now Shizune probably assumed Pain was able to revive people some other way, which is true, but I'll go over why he likely didn't use that ability in this case in a bit.
  • Shizune kinda low-key contradicts herself in the same page anyway and says that Pain is manipulating bodies with the rods, several times.
  • We know that the Six Paths are all dead people. At no point was Nagato stated or shown to have actually brought them back to life before implanting them with chakra rods, nor would that be necessary to begin with.
  • Naruto also later calls them "dead people puppets", which I believe is a more apt description, and fits what we know far better.
  • Another big thing is Nagato's love for Yahiko. Assuming Nagato actually had the ability to revive people freely, no strings attached, does it actually make any level of sense for Nagato to revive his best friend whose death drove him over the edge.........then turn him into a slave? I dunno about you, but that doesn't quite add up to me personally. It's also worth noting that Nagato claims that Yahiko is dead here, and doesn't even imply that he's been revived or anything.
  • Now for the big one. The Fourth Databook pretty much confirmed that Nagato's ability to revive the dead through the Gedo's Rinne Rebirth Jutsu actually results in the user's death:

Outer Path – Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique (Gedou – Rinnei Tensei no Jutsu)​

• Ninjutsu, Kekkei Genkai, Supplementary
  • User(s): Uchiha Obito, Nagato

The user’s life is sacrificed for a noble cause, life burns after being returned from the underworld!!

This jutsu is a technique of Six Paths, antithesis of Naraka Path. The King of Hell is summoned, and a deceased is presented with life. It is different from Impure World Reincarnation, as the target is brought back to life perfectly with a rejuvenated body, a supreme jutsu. Nagato owned this jutsu and used it to revive everyone in Konoha. A wonderful miraculous jutsu, but of course there is a price to be paid, the user’s life. In giving your own life, it can definitely be said that it is a self-sacrifice.

Outer Path’s power returns a soul to the flesh again.
This is consistent with the fact that Nagato did die after using it, and Obito was going to die if not for BZ keeping him alive. Now, I know what you're going to say. They were both super low on chakra at the time, which is true, but that doesn't really mean they weren't going to die anyway.
- Now for the final thing, the Naraka Path/King of Hell. Yeah, it can "revive" the Paths, but as far as we know it's just repairing their irreparably damaged bodies. You'd need to first prove that the Paths were actually alive in the first place before using the Naraka Path as an argument for Pain being able to freely revive dead people. Plus, when the King of Hell actually, legitimately revives the dead and returns their souls, it looks rather different than when he chews the paths, repairs them, and spits them out.

So overall, I just don't think the evidence for the Paths being alive is strong at all, IMHO.
They are revived then controlled via the chakra rods, shown with the Edo Tensei who are revived (544).
Edo Tensei are revived.......but not through the Rinnegan. The Rods are just used to control them.

Look, if your point with this whole portion is just to say that the rods can control live targets, then I agree given the Edo Jins and Madara controlling Obito, among other examples. But I do not agree that the Six Paths of Pain were alive.

Resistance to Above​

Naruto with a small portion of the Nine Tails Chakra is able to move and not be controlled by Nagato's technique via fighting off his chakra at a very close range (444).
The Bijuu are capable of overpowering that control to where the user doesn't have good control (567).
Jinchuriki should scale off of those.
That's fine.
Rinnegan users are immune to their effects (673).
I mean, Sasuke only resisted the paralysis here. It's not like Madara was actively trying to take control over either him or Tobirama. So I'd say just Resistance to Paralysis will do. And once again, I don't really think Momoshiki should get it.

In Conclusion​

Black Receivers get Paralysis,
Yup.
Body Puppetry,
Yup.
Telepathy,
Yup.
and Mind Control.
I think Possession might be better, but I might be wrong.
Jinchuriki
Yup.
and Rinnegan users get resistance to above.
Yup, but just for Paralysis.

It doesn't have to do with the topic, but shouldn't Hinata have a resistance to Gudoudama's effects? After all, from my understanding in the profiles, on this site it is considered that the effects of the spheres are passive, and Sasuke apparently receives a resistance for being able to stand on top of them, so shouldn't Hinata have it too? after all, she has Hamura's chakra, which is chakra of the six paths, and she could directly touch the cage that Toneri created with a Gudoudama without suffering the effects of it.

It doesn't have to do with the topic, but shouldn't Hinata have a resistance to Gudoudama's effects? After all, from my understanding in the profiles, on this site it is considered that the effects of the spheres are passive, and Sasuke apparently receives a resistance for being able to stand on top of them, so shouldn't Hinata have it too? after all, she has Hamura's chakra, which is chakra of the six paths, and she could directly touch the cage that Toneri created with a Gudoudama without suffering the effects of it.
The TSO was transmuted into a cage, so we have no reason to believe it retained any of its properties while in its regular state.
An argument could be made for her getting them due to having Six Paths chakra, but in any case, this really isn't the thread for that.

Anyway, it'll take me a little bit longer to apply the changes because I decided to fix all of the Rinnegan's abilities in general. I'll show ya'll what I've got when I finish it.

Just so you guys know, I didn't forget about this. It's been taking me a bit longer than I would like because I have some IRL stuff I'm juggling rn, but I'll be done by tomorrow at most.
Here's what I've got so far:
I'll finish the rest of the Paths, write up the justifications for the Resistances, make whatever specifications each Rinnegan user needs, and then share my final proposal tomorrow before applying it.
That's all. Thank you for being patient with me, guys.

Hey @KingTempest!
Sorry for the delay, but I'm hoping it's worth the wait.
So I did a rework for Nagato's page. I added the stuff that was accepted from this thread, fixed up some of his P&A section (but not all of it, yet), changed the formatting, and completely reworked the Rinnegan's abilities.
If the Rinnegan related revisions are good to go, I'll apply them to all the appropriate Rinnegan wielders' profiles (So Madara, Obito, Sasuke, and Hagoromo); however, I don't think any of them should get the abilities associated with the Animal Path (Other than Summoning, obviously, which they all have regardless) because these summons are exclusively Nagato's, and we have no reason to believe the others can summon them.

As for the Jin's resistances, here's what I got for them:
Resistance to Paralysis Inducement, Body Puppetry, and Possession (Bijū and Jinchūriki are capable of resisting[37][38] the binding effects and control of the Rinnegan's Black Receivers)
So, yeah, have a look at all this and let me know if it's good to go.

Hey @KingTempest!
Sorry for the delay, but I'm hoping it's worth the wait.
So I did a rework for Nagato's page. I added the stuff that was accepted from this thread, fixed up some of his P&A section (but not all of it, yet), changed the formatting, and completely reworked the Rinnegan's abilities.
If the Rinnegan related revisions are good to go, I'll apply them to all the appropriate Rinnegan wielders' profiles (So Madara, Obito, Sasuke, and Hagoromo); however, I don't think any of them should get the abilities associated with the Animal Path (Other than Summoning, obviously, which they all have regardless) because these summons are exclusively Nagato's, and we have no reason to believe the others can summon them.

As for the Jin's resistances, here's what I got for them:

So, yeah, have a look at all this and let me know if it's good to go.
This is all great. Good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back