• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) Match Ban

Yeah if every match involving a certain character and/or verse always ends up going to shit then matches shouldnt be made for them.

@Torilikoff

I believe there is no intentional insult in any Rimuru thread its maybe yourself is too sensitive,

fallacies? Maybe some

intense argument? You must be never do a real life debate (not online) with your way of life and ideals at stakes, but again it is you are too sensitive

I mean that how most of the debate going, plus you completely lost nothing even if you lost a debate in here, so why must be burnted out or stressed?

Also im never lying with my argument you can check it yourself and then i Will give you context, but man im never have any grudge to everyone in this site even if i know they're wank their fav character

But again if ban Rimuru match can make you feel better then go ahead, in don't want your stress in here affected your IRL

you're the one comparing a debate over which fictional character beats another to a genuine, IRL argument over ideals. That being common is in no way an exucse either.

Hl3 or bust said:
you're the one comparing a debate over which fictional character beats another to a genuine, IRL argument over ideals. That being common is in no way an exucse either.
because i have no idea why people burnted out by useless debate?

I genuinely can't tell what you're trying to say here. Regardless, my point was that these threads shouldn't spiral out into aggressive arguments anywhere near as commonly as they do.

Some people are passionate about things they like. Not only is it rude and kind of the reason why people in this world fight when people tell others what to value and how much, but it ignores reality. Because people just ******* have emotions and get upset. Telling them how to feel is stupid, and you wouldn't want that to be done to you about anything.

But i'm Just here. -sips tea- Feel how you wish. I'm just commenting.

Amexim said:
Some people are passionate about things they like. Not only is it rude and kind of the reason why people in this world fight when people tell others what to value and how much, but it ignores reality. Because people just ******* have emotions and get upset. Telling them how to feel is stupid, and you wouldn't want that to be done to you about anything.

But i'm Just here. -sips tea- Feel how you wish. I'm just commenting.
Yeah people have different POV maybe im too forced my POV in here, i apologize for that, i respect people opinion for something so i Will just said Good Luck and Have Fun with your life

I don't think you can really ban a character from matches just cause they get wanked, but if the profile is outright misleading and revisions need to be done that would be a legitimate reason for some sort of moratarium. Guess people should get on fixing thst

Wokistan said:
I don't think you can really ban a character from matches just cause they get wanked, but if the profile is outright misleading and revisions need to be done that would be a legitimate reason for some sort of moratarium. Guess people should get on fixing thst
May you help us to confirm any of his ability and fix it? Or can you tell US another staff who can? I believe Elizhaa have most of citation you needed so i think it Will be easier to fix Rimuru profile

Hmmm...I be honest I do really like Rimuru as a character and the series as a whole but there is indeed a tendency to wank him like in one of the match I'm in somebody say that Acausality type 4 protect Rimuru agian plot hax which it flat out wrong or even worse Rimuru never fight a type 1 abstract before but one person argue that since Rimuru has Concept manipulation (type 3) so all of his hax is conceptual base so he can use all of his hax on a type 1 abstract being.

Anyway I'm neutral right now but I do agree something need to be done about this.

LightSShinning said:
Hmmm...I be honest I do really like Rimuru as a character and the series as a whole but there is indeed a tendency to wank him like in one of the match I'm in somebody say that Acausality type 4 protect Rimuru agian plot hax which it flat out wrong or even worse Rimuru never fight a type 1 abstract before but one person argue that since Rimuru has Concept manipulation (type 3) so all of his hax is conceptual base so he can use all of his hax on a type 1 abstract being.

Anyway I'm neutral right now but I do agree some thing need to be done about this.
Come to Discussion thread and help us to fix it, but since CP has Approved type 4 acausality you can just ask him

@GLH22 I'm not argue that Rimuru don't have type 4 acausality but I'm argue that you say that type 4 acausality give you resistance agian plot hax which it just wrong.

Wokistan said:
The page, or really any page related to the verse, don't explain what Imaginary Space is at all. This has lead to shit like people unironically saying that 6D and High 1-B range can't reach Imaginary Space.

The literally daily revisions about powers and resistances would count for that, no?

Imaginary space is something only relevant to Rimuru and Chloe, it's not really explained what it is, but saying High 1-B range can't reach it would be absurd, imo Low-Multiversal range is enough.

I wouldn't say there isn't proof of anything on the profiles, there is proof for everything, ppl just take that proof to mean things beyond what is shown, especially when it comes to Rimuru and Yuuki since they literally have every power in verse, and some things the WN didn't expand up on, other characters don't have such issues.

The daily revisions are usually just tedious stuff like trying to find missing resistances and once one is found 30+ ppl scale due to the mechanics of the verse.

LightSShinning said:
I can approve this point, I've saw someone argue that Plot hax don't work on him due to Type 4 Acausality which is outragously false.

@CP a description of the Imaginary space would have help a lot, since it has been argued that a Multiversal Characters (Arceus) can't reache it and also avoid the 5-D imaginary space GG.

The profiles aren't really wank, but they are completly exagerated in vs thread.

There is little description of imaginary space other than it being an infinite-sized dimension and whatever is attributed to it.

There isn't really any description, it's a vague thing which is separated from the world, while at the same time still apart of space-time since Yuuki BFR'ed Rimuru and all his clones wherever they existed in space-time to the end of space-time.

Imaginary space is just an infinite space, or in the LN case, an infinite amount of spatial dimensions.

The profile is just being exaggerated in vs matches, can't really control that, not gonna step in every time a Rimuru match pops up, i have other stuff to do.

OpMasada said:
There is little description of imaginary space other than it being an infinite-sized dimension and whatever is attributed to it.
Somebody should probably write a note or something about that because I saw people say that his imaginary space is 2A or even High 1-B in size with that description.

The hero's Unlimited Imprisonment could hold its target captive in an infinite number of imaginary spaces for all of time. It wasn't some weak barrier that would allow casual interference with the real world.
~ Volume 1, Chapter 2​
Unlimited Imprisonment: Entombs the target in a complex number of spatial dimensions.
~ Volume 5, Chapter 5​
Good ol LN Boosts.

While I do agree that these characters are needlessly wanked and that the fanbase doesn't look into the match-ups past a cursory glance, I don't think that the character should be banned from versus match-ups.

A better solution would be to add a disclaimer about Ultimate Skills, and add reminders to actually research the opposing side.

Basically, tell people to stop being wankers, lmao

@Qliphoth I mean the author himself says the characters fight with hax and as such was difficult to balance when writing the WN, something along those lines.

WN Rimuru is vague, in that there are statement like Guy is probably stronger than him while he was a demon lord yet at the same time he has absorption hax and hax in general which helps him against True Dragons who should be above him.

In the LN to my understanding he gets his ass whopped many times, and it's made explicitly clear ultimate skills are ultimate, there is no lol i got High 4-C hax, and can copy your ability.

In the WN when he got Raphael onwards he pretty much could use it to solve any issues he has and it's never wrong, in the LN ppl outright outsmart it.

Btw remember how Rimuru can basically wrap himself in imaginary space to null attacks? Well everyone worth their salt in the LN can get pass it.

In short everyone else is just a lot more broken in the LN, Rimuru isn't all that, apparently he is the weakest demon lord, though can't confirm since it's not translated yet.

@CP You are conflating things. Actually, the issue with "imaginary space being possibly 2-A" was about the Azatoth version only (which is different to the Uriel version that relied on Infinite Prison), due to being able to contain an infinite amount of a type of energy that, by using a finite amount of, can create Multiverses of at least 2-C size. The argument was that it makes no sense for such "space" that, if theoretically filled up with said energy completely and then used up completely, would in theory generate a 2-A Multiverse, to be merely the size of a single space-time continuum (Low 2-C), much less an infinite 3D space (High 3-A) which needs to assume that an infinite 3D space can in theory hold the energy to potentially create the greatest unit of 4D (i.e. 2-A) somehow. You basically need to bend over backwards and need to make several baseless assumptions for the sake of "lowballing" it like that. Or so the argument goes.

As for LN stuff... well, there isn't an equivalent for any of it in the WN, since in the WN there are no Rimuru fights at all between the second Hinata fight (comparable to LN volume 7) and the True Dragon clash (likely going to be comparable to LN volume 15, if at all) so you can't really say that Rimuru got "weaker" or the others stronger (in relative terms) yet. There are some occasional inconsistencies in the WN as well. Ruminas was presented as rather weak among the Demon Lords in WN, being more of a commander type / utility type who was shown weaker/less haxed than even post-Demon Lord awakening Shion. Yet somehow she was also strong enough to fight full-powered enraged Milim 1on1 for 3 days and nights in the alternative timeline. So there's that.

I think the main issue with Slimeverse and its discussions is actually that we got too few active members. No, I mean that seriously. For how filled the profiles are with hax and "background information that needs to be explained in every VS thread", Slimeverse got a terrible content/members ratio. And it happens a lot that if none of these members arrive in time to argue for it, or heck, even just write a response, the threads get filled with 7+ "FRA" within 5-10 minutes. And then we get a "lol, grace is over, add this nao" situations despite arguments still being going on. Basically some (not all cases, thankfully) were basically trying to force a win through via FRA votes without any thoughts behind them, arguably. Again not for all. But it's notable that Slimeverse doesn't seem to have much of an "FRA by default" following, unlike certain other verses I am not going to mention here. And that obviously only got worse recently with the massive back and forth threads that Slimeverse now got a certain "reputation".

@Neo 2-A, yet gets affected by a BFR that targets the entire space-time continuum, doesn't make sense to me. Regardless there should definitely be a cap on the ability, anyone arguing High 1-B range can't get to it is just wanking, though i haven't personally witnessed any such arguments.

The WN imo makes Rimuru look like a nigh-unstoppable force when Rahpael comes into play, even after getting an upgrade, Velda thinks Raphael used by Rimuru who is weaker than him, is some sort of big deal, in the LN Rudra outsmarts Raphael. To me it's pretty clear the LN makes Rimuru's position clear, whether that's cause he fights more, doesn't really matter the fact is he doesn't come off as being uber powerful since he can get his ass handed to him by many ppl.

Overall i am not infatuated with the idea of Rimuru being an unstoppable force, some people might, but i am not stuck up on the idea that he has to be the strongest, i wouldn't mind if him being the weakest demon lord is true, also if even by the end he isn't the strongest, i am not so focused on power levels.

Think that's a big issue i have with the verse on here, the obsession with power levels, i mean yea this is vs battles wiki but the incessant need to constantly upgrade the characters every single day is a bit much, sometimes i just wanna discuss the story. I do agree though that Slime doesn't have comparable supporters to it's tier as a haxed series.

Hl3 or bust said:
@Neo

first off, my personal credibility means all of jack shit here. Secondly, i could completely reverse this and throw it right back at you, so lets just stop this right now.
Being passionate about your favored verse in VS battle is one thing. Several VS threads have that (see Ainz vs Aqua endless back and worth as well as endless "wait for the CRT!") and I admit that I am not immune to that either, obviously.

You, however, were usually the first to resort to personal attacks and accusing people of wanking in several of those threads. All you can "throw right back at me" is calling you out for it. I do concede that it doesn't impact the results of this thread, but it certainly makes it look like you got some sort of grudge against this verse and I still don't get why you do so, since it seems to be older than me being on this board.

Wokistan said:
It is pretty much my view, too. There is no need to punish the many for the few, in my view.

Besides, in my view, if someone doesn't like to the match due to thenstress or something then they easily choose to not participate as a solution.

Elizhaa said:
It is pretty much my view, too. There is no need to punish the many for the few, in my view.

Besides, in my view, if someone doesn't like to the match due to thenstress or something then they easily choose to not participate as a solution.
Says the one that causes most of the wank in the threads

@Overlord775, what the heck are talking about now?

You going to make characters attacks, now? So, I would like to see where I have done these points because roughly all my arguments ARE BASED ON WHAT ARE THE PROFILES or even text quote from the series which I take extra time to look for?

Besides, when I am wrong I invalidate my incorrect points.

Shown me, @Overlord775?

I will welcome to a discussion but don't go calling people's arguments wank without evidences for a valid arguments, @Overlord775.

Back