• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i think grim(billy and mandy) vs rick sanchez(rick and morty) in theit low 2-C versions is a better match.Magic vs Science,Expirience vs Intellegence.Both are space manipulation and portal user. Both can break the fourth wall.

If you mean atoms, then... I don't know, comedy and toon force characters are basically plot Manipulators because their victories in their stories aren't brought about by their own skill, but solely because of the writer's desire for them to win. And, while you can say the same for all fictional characters, Cartoon characters break vs battles because we:

A. Assume that the abilities and strategies they displayed are limited to only what we have available in Canon and understood portrayals (i.e. Rick won't randomly unlock Ultra Instinct due to our desire for plot... Likely not, in any case. And while Authors don't typically understand the implications of the characters actions in Feats and Showings, we take them anyway).

And...

B. Have the outcome be based entirely on as much logic as possible and treat the characters as if they were real people who's actions conform to logic, reasoning, the actions they'd take under the given circumstances, and let the outcome be dictated by the Facts instead of letting the story and plot dictate them entirely-- letting the "plot" of each fight" flow organically, essentially.

All this to say, Cartoon Characters that aren't consistent with their abilities aren't ment for VS Battles. I haven't seen Bugs' profile, but I don't think this fight can, well, end well for either of them-- Bugs could Elmer Fudd Rick, and Rick can... Well, do tons of broken shit to Bugs. Whether or not he survives is completely up to the writer. Because obviously he can just turn into a pile of ash after being hit by a laser in one scene, and be perfectly fine the next. In favor of Bugs, because Toon Force, but lemme check.

• Looks at Bugs' page, and dies laughing at how seriously it speaks of his feats-- like he is a ******* Battle Comic character-- listing feats on some Superman shit!*

But seriously, Plot Manipulation and ToonForce equals GG to any serious character. How do you even do a ToonForce vs match?

And Reality Warping done in that funny way has no knowable upper limit for various reasons. Simply having Reality Warping itself is as close to Omnipotence (depending on the limit). No upper limit to ToonForce can be shown because it's by definition limitless and depending on plot. Scaling the Loony Toons verse on Toonforce is an undertaking equal in difficulty to comprehending the Suggsverse! Just no. Bugs or inconclusive. Rick can't fairly win this.

It's actually called "Hasty Generalization" in real debates, but anyway, there's good reason for this "NLF" I'm making. How the **** do you even begin to know who wins against a person who's losses are inconsistent with all kinds of logic, based solely on plot and what the writer desires, has shown no upper limits on a consistent and logical basis-- need I go on. I don't think this is a Hasty Generalization, if we know he can manipulate the entire fight to do what he wants, and hasn't shown any limitations at all. All you're doing is saying that I don't have proof that his abilities are limitless-- which is false because it's obvious to me that the limits to Bugs' ToonForce is by nature unknowable, and impossible to accurately demonstrate in any in-verse context. How can a reality warper that can Metagame everything in existence that he is a part of (literally, he erased Daffy off of the Page. That's how he won a fight/skermish against him once) demonstrate any logical limitations to his abilities without it being inconsistent? If he lost to Daffy or anyone else even once, how the **** did that work-- considering he literally erased Daffy. I... No. It's not too Hasty To say we don't know the limits of Bugs' abilities-- and then follow it up by saying that there is no way to logically deduce limits of that ability because all the showings are essentially the Pinnacle of Omnipotence-- even if it's inconsistent. The saddest shit is that it's inconsistent with how inconsistent it is.

Rick, if he had prep time, would be the same "NLF" type issue, because with prep time, and how smart he is, he is capable of basically doing anything short of... I don't know. He can destroy the Multiverse, according to Word of God. And he's turned himself into a pickle. I... I don't know what he can't do. He's probably smarter than Batman, who has been able to deduce the weaknesses of the Justice League, and Bats can't destroy the Multiverse by his own brainpower and intelligence-- it was possible that one could find a way to nullify ToonForce, with his potency and range, I personally think it's possible. Plus, its fiction, so I don't think it's impossible to nullify ToonForce...? I don't know the limits, and I have no way of figuring out such limits. In Rick's case it might be more of a Hasty Generalization, but for Bugs', there's no thesible way for anyone to determine his limitations because "as long as it's funny", he could probably do it.

Bugs, or inconclusive.

No limits fallacy isn't the real name for the fallacy though, the real fallacy is called "Hasty Generalization." Look up No Limits Fallacy and avoid all casual sites-- like ******* versus websites.

Secondly, Loony Toons characters come back from being turned into ashes all the time. ToonForce depends on how funny something is, and there isn't any objective standard for humor, so he could live that shit. There's no logic, rhyme, or reason for Bugs to "not do" anything because that depends on who is writing him. He is Meta. You can't assume he isn't, and that's the problem with serious vs comedy characters. It's like asking Goku to Fight Arale-- there's no telling who will win because nothing they do is locked in any coherent continuity.

Ashes =/= Particles, and if Bugs can survive being turned into particles, please show when he did that, as well as when he started a fight by using Plot Manipulation right off the bat, just send a link to both feats, and then I'll change my vote to Bugs.

Ohh, I see, you're one of those guys. Look, I'm not trying to convince you or anything. I don't have any clips available for particles, but, with ToonForce, I don't think it's impossible-- because it's basically reality warping according to... Whatever arbitrary standard. As I said, I don't think there's an actual limit to this kind of thing because Bugs' ToonForce isn't meant to be consistent at all. To hold him to a standard of continuity is ******* idiotic IMO. Plot Manipulation can literally induce PIS, by making him be able to beat Rick because Plot. It's intuitive, really. At least to me. I don't need ultra hard proof to speculate an outcome-- I understand the mechanics, conventions, and limitations of the abilities presented to me.

TL;DR: Bugs' ToonForce isn't meant to have a limit in the meta sense, and the entire verse doesn't follow coherent logic and continuity. On top of the fact that ToonForce is, as you said, Reality Warping done in a "funny" way, and that Bugs' isn't a character that is meant to adhere to any standard of limitations, nor can he be limited by the very nature of his abilities. Normally, arguments about the Meta state of a character shouldn't be counted, but this is a special case, because the powers and characters feats are literally connected to the writer in an irrefutable way.

If Bugs has never resisted being turned into particles, there's no reason to assume he could, if Bugs has never started a fight with Plot Manipulation, there's no reason to assume he would, and stop with the NLF, everything has a limit, unless it's a Tier 0.

Overall: Bugs has no resistance to being turned into particles and using Plot Manipulation right off the bat would be out of character for him, so, I vote for Rick.

Bugs would dodge Ricks' attacks unless you assume he has all the gadgets he has ever stolen at his disposal to stop time.

Rick can't overcome bugs durability with conventional means without killing himself as a result thanks to being a glass canon and his only 5-A feat coming from bombs he hasn't shown to ability to shield himself.

Bugs might take this,Paulo.junior.969 has shown in my thread 4 FTL and here is another example.His danger sense,spatial manipulation and probability manipulation might help him dodge ricks deadly lasers.Bugs can disarm rick with a powerful magnet.Tim stop wouldn't work on bugs because he has time manipulation

Yeah, you guys might have a point, Bugs could dodge it. Speaking of which, shouldn't Bugs have been upgraded to FTL by now? I think that feat was accepted.

Paulo.junior.969 your right,someboy said that was going to calculate some of those laser feats but nothing changed after 2 weeks

Paulo.junior.969 said:

1.Those lasers weren't even planet level.Even durability negation has a limit.That laser disitingrated a weak alien and just a human.That doesn't it'll have the same effect on bugs

2.Marvin th Martian survived this and bugs should be relative.

3.Bugs tankend this.

4.Bugs can essaly dodge rick's lasers and reflect them.I don't think rick has the speed to dodge lasers.(At least not by himself,i know with his spaceship he could)

5.Bugs cadisarm rickeven his non metal invetionsand use them agaisnt him.Most of rick's hax comes from his inventions.

I can see it in rick favor if the fight takes place in his laboratory and the fact that he knows bugs as he brought the 4th wall,but how much knows he about bugs isn't known

quick question off topic,when does a character get notable victory,because i thought they get when they win a vs debate and the thread is closed

A lot of people are voting for Bugs via his speed, which is invalid as speed is equalized. Amexim's vote can't be counted as he is using NLF. I'm voting Rick, as Bug's very rarely breaks out Toon Force right, off the bat, while Rick vaporizes stuff at the start of a fight.

Back