• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisiting the dead topic of "user-generated" Roblox game profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
I'm fairly certain there existed multiple threads about this topic beforehand, but here goes:

I honestly do not know why profiles for games such as these yet, some people would argue that they are 'fanmade' content and whatnot, but I say otherwise.

The idea of these games being 'fanmade content' is like saying RPG maker games like Ao Oni or Witch's House would be fanmade RPG maker content because of the fact that you use a specific program/game developing tool to make them.

Roblox is an online game creation platform that allows users to create their own games, identically to how RPG maker is a series of programs for the developing role playing games and whatnot.

There are multiple games on Roblox that are relatively popular and generally known by a huge following (Such as the following three above, for example) and are basically their own games with their own feats and whatnot, identically to how profiles for RPG maker games are essentially their own games with their own feats.

This would obviously exclude fangames for things coming from official franchises, such as this game - which is a fangame for an existing franchise. To compare this to RPG Maker standards, an Undertale fangame made in RPG maker is excluded from VSB due to it being a fan content rather than actual, canonical content made from Toby Fox.

If profiles of these are actually allowed, then they should either be their own existing verse (Or linked to the Roblox verse page, with various headers identifying which game it is from) or category, also following under the "Roblox" category. This would be identical to how profiles such as Mogeko (Which is from an RPG maker game) would have "RPG Maker" and "Mogeko Castle" (The verse it originated from) in the categories.

Of course, the creation of profiles from Roblox games would only actually extend to games that aren't very vague and have a portion of content within them to scale feats from (Which there are a decent amount of), so that wouldn't be too hard.

In short, given the fact there are profiles for games made from a program used to develop RPGs (Which have their own feats), it should be logical that there would be profiles for Roblox (A game creation platform/program) games, which also have their own feats.

I'm completely fine separating the various games into verse pages, or linking the verse pages for various games in the verse page for Roblox

The problem is that RPG Maker isn't a verse on its own. You can't make any profiles for RPG Maker itself, because there is nothing to make profiles of.

Here, we would have a weird case of both the platform and games on it having profiles. I think that's what tick people off.

That'd be similar (But less worse) to having people make profiles for a series of Minecraft maps or something.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The problem is that RPG Maker isn't a verse on its own. You can't make any profiles for RPG Maker itself, because there is nothing to make profiles of.

Here, we would have a weird case of both the platform and games on it having profiles. I think that's what tick people off.

That'd be similar (But less worse) to having people make profiles for a series of Minecraft maps or something.
Then there's the possibility of deleting the verse page for it and reserving it as a category, identically to how the profiles for RPG maker work, if that fixes anything.

I'm not really sure how Roblox works, so I can't be sure what to do exactly.

But if Roblox is just a platform for making stuff with absolutely no lore, then yeah it may be the best.

I'm not really sure how Roblox works, so I can't be sure what to do exactly.

But if Roblox is just a platform for making stuff with absolutely no lore, then yeah it may be the best.
Well, Roblox does have no official lore whatsoever (Given that it's just a platform), so I'll stick to the statement of deleting the verse page and separating it into categories.

For how it works, Roblox is basically a selection of games made by their own creators using the platform, identically to how someone can put an RPG maker game up for download for people to play.

I think something like making verse pages for incredibly lengthy verses with a large amount of content (Such as Yumme Nikki, for example) with their own correlating categories.

A good example of this would be that if a person would make a profile of a game with a large amount contents/feats albeit very little characters, a category with the game's name and 'Roblox' should be attached to it. So, a character like this one would belong in that. Games that have a lengthy amount of content/characters and whatnot - such as this one - should get their own verse page, given that there's an actual amount of profiles to warrant a page to have them sorted out in.

Yeah but like, the game itself, is it like Gmod, which is basically just a lore-less sandbox whose sole purpose is making stuff?

Your proposition seems fine though.

Yeah but like, the game itself, is it like Gmod, which is basically just a lore-less sandbox whose sole purpose is making stuff?

Your proposition seems fine though.
It's comparable to GMOD in the sense of a lore-less sandbox if you're using the current state of the profiles for it. My suggestion is proposing them identically to RPG maker profiles as games with their own feats and content - of which they are.

Actually, there is a verse for RPG Maker itself. RPG Maker does have lore and feats of its own. Especially RPG Maker 2 on the PS2, though ACE and MV have some lore too. Heck I could probably make a profile for RPG Maker Ralph if I wanted too.

That said, I'm fine with having profiles for original Roblox games if they have proper feats and such, as it is just a game engine at the end of the day.

Okay, we have two people agreeing with the proposition of deleting the verse page and reserving the stuff for categories, nice.

Other question is what we will do with the profiles currently listed on the Roblox (Verse) page, as they are based off of catalog gear and whatnot. I think we should delete the profiles for the summons/gear and leave the Robloxia one as it is.

It does? I messed around with RPG Maker a bit and unless you're talking about the default moves and characters, I probably missed it.

Great, four staff members (One of which being a bureaucrat) agreed on this already.

Anywho, for the topic of original games for profiles to be made for, I currently have a small list of games that I have already played that I can expend a bit of knowledge on:

Dinosaur Simualator - Survival game based around PvP combat set within a pre-historic time period. I think remember calculating the kinetic energy of a futalognkosaurus (one of the playable creatures) to be around Wall level+ from my memory, I can probably bring it up again later should I make profiles for it. If my memory serves me correctly, Hyper Anon (His block recently expired) also has a bit of knowledge about it.

Elemental Battlegrounds - Open world-ish PvP game where players fight eachother with various magical attacks. I actually calculated one of the moves to be Large Town level, so that's a nice start. I'd probably have to re-evaluate the calc should it get ported to this site, as well as polish its profile.

Black Magic: Another fighting game where map rotations usually occur and players fight each other with a plethora of classes. I've already calculated the AP/Durability of the characters to be around High 7-C and Massively Hypersonic+ in this calc (If we assume that fury - the entity capable of throwing the lance at such speeds - would be able to move themselves at an identical speed if not higher, given that they wouldn't be weighed down by the lance).

Monster Islands - RPG-ish game with linear progression where players fight enemies spawned from a floating portal on various islands (With bosses that spawn while/after destroying said portal). I don't remember too much about it, but I could probably muster up a calculation for the feat where Malgorok'Zyth causes parts of the glacier the player fights him on to fall into the ocea or the kinetic energy of the sword attack whilst in their giant form (Which would arguably yield higher results, especially if we factor in his body mass due to him moving alongside the sword)

Arcane Adventures - A more open world-ish RPG game where players get to utilize various elements throughout their playthrough and whatnot. I think I can remember lightning conjured from lightning element users (Which, to my knowledge, is technically real lightning due to it being able to electrify players/enemies in water - which is referred to it as conducting with the water ingame - as well as set trees and other organic objects ablaze upon striking them) is dodgable - albeit very fast. I could probably make a kinetic energy calc comparing cannonballs/boulder projectiles from the bazooka/earth elements to the velocity of ingame lightning to warrant a rating from it.

Craftwars - Once I get to re-playing this (if I ever want to, that is), I would be able to provide screenshots for some possible feats. From my memory, there were a fairly consistent string of statements regarding items that can contain/destroy a universe as well as the player being able to make weapons that harness the power of said objects. I would have to take screenshots and play the game up to that point again in order to validate this.

There's quite a bit more original games than this current list, for now, this is what I'm intending to make profiles for should the proposition get accepted.

Assaltwaffle said:
Wait why was this highlighted? Seems pretty specific.
I had to repeatedly bump it or paste it in chat occasionally for more input on it, feel free to revert the highlight if it was uneeded.

Sorry but I think it is. I'll remove it.

Generally highlights should be widely-affecting changes that need a large amount of discussion on to be resolved. This is rather niche and looks to nearly be complete.

Assaltwaffle said:
Sorry but I think it is. I'll remove it.

Generally highlights should be widely-affecting changes that need a large amount of discussion on to be resolved. This is rather niche and looks to nearly be complete.
Understood, will keep that in mind for any future occasions in which I believe a thread should be highlighted. Thank you.

Anywho, I'm waiting for any confirmation from a bureaucrat (Or whoever would be in charge of accepting such revisions) whether or not to start it. The amount of people that agreed with this was relatively unanimous and thought that the proposition was good enough.

I have two things to add here:

1. If it is like RPG maker, then having profiles for fictions created in it is fine. However they should be realitvely extensive, be of good quality and possess a certain popularity. (That would apply for stuff like flash games or RPG maker games as well) My rule of thumb is always it being good enough that nobody would create something like it just for vs sake. Just saying it so that it is considered when making profiles.

2. If it is a sandbox... does this profile make sense? I mean if it is basically just premade items and a premade character made to create the games, I would think it doesn't make sense to treat it as a character outside the games created via the game engine.

Darkanine said:
I believe we agreed to delete the Robloxian profile if Zany's ideas were accepted.
I think it was just the ROBLOX Verse and the profiles that weren't the Robloxian.

Robloxian can stay I think, not sure.

Also I'm fine with this.

DontTalkDT said:
I have two things to add here:

1. If it is like RPG maker, then having profiles for fictions created in it is fine. However they should be realitvely extensive, be of good quality and possess a certain popularity. (That would apply for stuff like flash games or RPG maker games as well) My rule of thumb is always it being good enough that nobody would create something like it just for vs sake. Just saying it so that it is considered when making profiles.

2. If it is a sandbox... does this profile make sense? I mean if it is basically just premade items and a premade character made to create the games, I would think it doesn't make sense to treat it as a character outside the games created via the game engine.
1. Multiple games technically have these traits already (Popular enough, decently extensive, decent quality).

2. The Robloxian profile is using catalog gear for the statistics, which was - at the time it was created and according to the various people on this wiki - was the only thing considered 'official' at the time due to the gears being released by this guy. I'm not too sure what we should do with that profile, unfortunately. Some games allow catalog gear to be used within them whereas some games don't. I think the best course of action would be to delete the profile for now. If a game uses a certain catalog gear (I.E, a rocket launcher), it should simply be calced or scaled to an existing character (This could probably apply to the High 5-A swords if it includes it exactly in the game as well as its ability with nothing suggesting otherwise). I'll just stick to what Darkanine said and delete the profile.

So, in short, yeah, the profile and any other profiles correlating to catalog gear should get deleted. Alternatively, though, we could change the name of the profile to "Robloxian (Catalog Heaven), because there's an actual game based around using the entirety of the catalog where players can fight one another.

I think you're good to go. Let me know if you need any help deleting stuff or unlocking stuff.

Understood, I'll start with a request for these profiles to be deleted (preferably with the summary/reason being a link to this thread, or something regarding this revision):

Bald Eagle (ROBLOX)

Crescendo, the Soul Stealer

Dagger of Shattered Dimensions

Korblox Skeleton Wraith

NPC Clone (Roblox)

Roblox (Verse)

Robloxia

The category for Roblox should be kept, however.

After this or so, I'll probably start making pages for some of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back