• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisions to High-Godly and True-Godly Regenerationn

Paul Frank said:
If high godly works in situations where mid godly fails it would of course work when regen up to mid godly is nulled
Nope. If you didnt regenerate from anything beyond what the guy with power null can negate, you get nulled. Regenerating after reality erasure and doesnt imply you get destroyed in all levels of existence. Because 99% of the time it is only space time kaboom.

The guy with regen negation prevents you from using the power to regenerate.

The space time kaboom they have to survive prevents you from regenerating by not giving you a place to regen into.

Those arw two different methods of bypassing regen.

Following the drawing example: one is breaking the pencil/whatever you use to draw, and the other one is breaking the paper/canvas.

There is a need to think hard on this. We're not here to be a bit lazy.

Keeping up with PaChi's metaphor of mid-godly being able to regenerate from being erased from a sheet of paper, High-Godly based on a Type 2 Concept would be somewhat equatable to regenerating the ink needed to regenerate you. True-Godly is generally left the same except 1-A damage regen turns into Type 1 Concept damage (basically more specifically harming the target more = better regen).

Something I just realized. Lets say Character A has High 2-A Attack potency. Although, He has extreme control over it. He focus a high 2-A attack and down it to the scale of of a planet, so it doesn't wipe out an entire multiverse.

If character A uses a planet sized High 2-A attack on Character B (Who will be 3-D for this example.) Character B regenerates. Would that be High Godly-regen?

His dimensional existence was destroyed, but the entirety of his dimensional existence wasn't. This was because the level of the attack was controlled as to not destroy the multiverse but without losing potency. What tier of Regenerationn is this?

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Something I just realized. Lets say Character A has High 2-A Attack potency. Although, He has extreme control over it. He focus a high 2-A attack and down it to the scale of of a planet, so it doesn't wipe out an entire multiverse.

If character A uses a planet sized High 2-A attack on Character B (Who will be 3-D for this example.) Character B regenerates. Would that be High Godly-regen?

His dimensional existence was destroyed, but the entirety of his dimensional existence wasn't. This was because the level of the attack was controlled as to not destroy the multiverse but without losing potency. What tier of Regenerationn is this?
More likely just Mid-Godly Regenerationn.

The character still suffered destruction of his dimensional existence, though it may not have been the entire dimensional structure, but his being, and the dimensional structure of his was still destroyed though.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
The character still suffered destruction of his dimensional existence, though it may not have been the entire dimensional structure, but his being, and the dimensional structure of his was still destroyed though.
Then I would say it's High-Godly regen then?

It's not high godly, High Godly requires the destruction of the reality itself

many others explained to me said that "reality" in the current standard of "High Godly" actually means "dimensional existence."

In the instance of my example, the character had his dimensional existence destroyed, but the reality was still kept intact because of/via power control.

That is assuming if i understood them correctly, and if they are correct as well... which this is why i brought up a solution to reword high godly because there is a lot of people confused by it...

I would appreciate if somebody could ask Promestein and some rational administrators who have not commented yet to help out with evaluating this: VS Battles Staff

I remain neutral on this as I still believe this issue is semantics/terminology and doesn't really change how characters function/are evaluated.

I do like the idea of High-Godly being coming back from conceptual erasure, though, with the caveat that said conceptual erasure already involves the body, mind, soul, and whatever other esoteric aspects of a person being taken out alongside them.

Alternatively coming back from being retroactively erased may fit somewhere into here, although that could be covered by Acausality.

Andytrenom said:
There's a question I want to ask

If someone who can negate Regenerationn upto mid-godly slashes a High Godly character as they are currently defined, should they actually be able to regenerate that wound?
That depends from how the regen negation works.

If you negate Mid-Godly because "yes" it wouldn't because you just don't know if interacts differently with High-Godly or not.

If it has a stated mechanic it depends.

Also @Upgrade, High-Godly requires your multiverse to be nuked.

I don't understand how a multiversal nuke has any bearing on how someone regenerates. it would be better explained if it was simply the persons dimensional existence...

I explained it above multiple times.

I also don't get what you mean by dimensional existence, but if a High 2-A using its full abilities can only EE you alongside a planet, either their EE is ridiculously weak, or they are going easy on you.

The fact that currently reality needs to be nuked to get High Godly is clear as day going by the definition

i explained in my example above. he has control over his power. Similarly to Ki control.

I don't understand your example no offense....

but many people explained it to me as "reality" actually means "that beings dimensional value"

If a 3-D character gets his 3-D dimensional existence erased, and he regens. that is High godly by the current standard, yes? in this example the characters dimensional value is 3-D.

If your reality is nuked, but your dimension wasn't erased, and you revived in a voidless 3rd dimension. That would be mid-godly + surivivng in a void, right??

"Dimensional Existence" has no meaning, people treat higher dimensions like a "higher plane of existance", when dimensions are just coordinates. If there's ten dimensions, you exist in them, the issue? you, a normal person, can't move throw them; when a higher dimensional being could.

okay.. i'll admit.. im extremely.. no... Beyond/transcending the concept confusion on what High godly currently is..

your example is making no sense to me @kal.. even after reading peoples' replies.. i spend 3 hours trying to wrap my head around it...

i don't see how "regenerating in mid air." is any different than "Regenerating on a peice of paper again." ... no offence.. im not trying to annoy you, or frustrate you.. i just truly don't understand.. i am sorry..

I still don't see how the setting has any bearing on how a person regenerates...

When i read this thread about the current standard of Hgh godly... i just keep seeing

Mid godly regen + survival in a void

Mid godly regen + reality creation/reconstruction/restoration/repair/creation

Mid Godly regen + concept manipulation

Mid godly regen + abstract existence/conceptual existence...

i just can't wrap my mind around how regenerating in a void is better than mid godly... im sorry..

I'm not a staff member but I think mid-godly should just be simplified to mind, body, and soul. High-godly to be personal concept/reality Regenerationn in addition. While dimensional level dictates complexity of self- reality/concept being regenerated, I think that could be something else like a subtype for high-godly.

For example: Type 1: <5D, Type 2 5-11D, Type 3: 12D+

Like High-godly(Type 2)

IMO a true void should be put with true godly as a baseline since that's the beginning of dimensionless to my understand. I could be wrong.

@Ugrade Try drawing in air...that is literally all that's needed to see why it's different

I still don't understand it.. i am sorry for my ignorance...

If a character were to regenerate 'in thin air" that is similar to regenerating into a void isn't it? Which i still don't understand how that separates Mid-godly and high godly.. that seems like the exact same thing to me.. Unless the paper is the characters dimensional make up then i could understnad where the line is crossed but Kal makes it seem like there is something else separating the 2 that isn't dimensional...

@Upgrade

Honestly, don't bother. There seem to be more people that want High-Godly replaced (same with True Godly) than people that want to keep things as they are.

It would be a massive work to find and evaluate all of the characters with High-Godly Regenerationn to see if they fit for new standards such as conceptual erasure though.

Many projects the wiki has undertaken requires massive amounts of work.

It may not be my place to say, but I don't think the work requirement for a project should be the main factor in whether it is accomplished. If it is genuinely important for the revisions to be implemented, then denying it based not on accuracy or need but rather on how much effort it would take to implement, then that seems like an unfair conclusion.

Yes, but I want to prepare people for that they have to help out with properly carrying out the revisions afterwards. We have been considerably less organised and efficient in that regard since the convenient highlight function was removed.

Anyway, I don't personally mind if we switch the current High-Godly definition for conceptual erasure and mostly keep True Godly as it is, but I would prefer to see what Promestein and Ryukama think as well.

Also, we still haven't discussed the other part of the Regenerationn revisions:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3045654

This is just a suggestion, but is it possible if someone could make a bot/program that allows someone to put a message on every staff members wall telling them that "Your input on this thread would be appreciated" ??? is that physically possible? it would get the attention of more staff memebers assuming if they do want to participate in the discussion, or want to make changes...

Probably not, and it would risk to create unnecessary spam for the staff, especially if it was abused by the trolls.

You have to ask selected staff members manually.

I understand. I just thought maybe if someone developed it, and only you(@ant) were the one had control over it, and kept the bot/program a secret.

im off to bed now though, but.... im still confused on the current standard of High Godly regen..

Antvasima said:
It would be a massive work to find and evaluate all of the characters with High-Godly Regenerationn to see if they fit for new standards such as conceptual erasure though.
Luckily there arent many High godly regenerators as of now.

Is somebody willing to ask Promestein and Ryukama to comment here?

Ultima Reality said:
The problem is that "being erased on an 1-A level" is too vague and poorly-defined to be made into a level of Regenerationn of its own right. At most I can see it standing for reforming even after the dimensional axes inherent to your reality are unmade and all of space just collapses into itself due to a lack of directionality, but even then, that would be more akin to what High-Godly currently entails, and wouldn't actually be "1-A level regen".
I agree with this

Back