• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision on Hollow Knight Verse AP and Durability

Basically did all my arguments here, with that i think we can considerate that least the early bosses and early builds of the main character are Street Level, not Wall level.

Fell free to correct me in anything

Been ages since I've touched Hollow Knight, but the stuff about the floor already being weakened when the feat was performed makes sense. Will wait for other knowledgeable members to comment before taking a side though.

By the way, in the first version of the calc, somebody mentioned breaking the crystals in Crystal Peak and how that could be a decent AP feat as well. Not good enough at math to do it myself, but it'd be good to check before jumping down to street level.

Been ages since I've touched Hollow Knight, but the stuff about the floor already being weakened when the feat was performed makes sense. Will wait for other knowledgeable members to comment before taking a side though.

By the way, in the first version of the calc, somebody mentioned breaking the crystals in Crystal Peak and how that could be a decent AP feat as well. Not good enough at math to do it myself, but it'd be good to check before jumping down to street level.
Cool, could totally do this math!

One thing, in this situation can i tag the Supporters in the profile of the page?

You can @ people as a regular member, but it won't notify them. However, you can post a message on their walls and they may choose to respond there.

Hmm, I'm not an experienced in calculation but the reasoning for the feats IMO are valid. For the math part, I think you could ask @Ian2296 to help, he should be free and knowledgeable for these kinda stuff.

Seems reasonable yeah. I wouldn't bother with the crystals though, they tend to give lower than you'd expect

What about destroying the entrance to Hallownest at the beginning of the game? Could just divide the energy it takes to destroy it by the number of hits needed. I can find how many hits it takes in a bit, assuming I still have HK installed :v

That's pretty huge, but it takes a couple of hit and the door could be weaker than we thought since...it's pretty old and all, and there's a possibilities it's not violent fragmentation and will result lower.

Takes 13 hits, but the entrance is noticeably cracked. I'll let someone else determine if it's usable, though. At worst, it's a decent supporting street level feat.

Is this mentioned anywhere? Because the physics of the game actually contradicts this. The bugs in the verse can even swim (In the same scan there are aquatic plants, which certainly do not have the size of centimeters)
Sooooo basically it is never stated the size of this verse, then it is really a matter of if we gonna based this in a RL biology view (Insects and nails are small) Or a RL fisics view (Insects can't swim)

You can totally go to the second way, but unfortunately i can't think a lot more of arguments for each side

OBS: You can haver smaller species of plant, although one of the kind show in the screenshot probably would be a little bigger in the supposed ratio, again this discrepancy already exists within the species from were the characters are based

Last edited:
Unsure if we should use Silksong for any scaling since, y'know, it isn't even out yet. Right now scaling to mantises or the stag beetle is the most reliable option we have. Also, some bugs can swim, and when we don't know what species Hornet or the Knight are supposed to be, I wouldn't say them swimming proves much of anything.

alright boys imma go find the biggest crystal in crystal peak and break it and tell you if its good or not

None of the plants on this site look like the ones I posted. The ones I showed look like a victory regia

I will look for more things about the physics of the game
I TOTALY though you are referring the one in the platform, lol

Anyways, here they say that the family of the Vitoria Regia have some species with 1 inch

Also you need to get the calc accepted first before making changes.
Made here
Btw the knight should be higher with different abilities and techniques.

I went to crystal peak btw, with enough range the knight can vfrag 3 decently large crystals which can be a good result.
Cool! Do you know if different nails and charms affect the number of hits for a LB and HB?

some charms can such as the one that increases attack when you're on 1 hp or the unbroken strength or sth like that.

Either way atm I got 975 joules for a single crystal using average destruction values. Problem is, i wanna know what the values are for crystals such as amethyst.

Literally most of the grass in the game is as tall as the PC, they're clearly bug-sized. This discussion was had before and we reached a conclusion. I definitely also wouldn't use "bugs can swim" as an argument since some bugs are buoyant. Also the issue with bugs swimming isn't related to just size, they just can't move enough water since their legs are thin.

Also, approved the calc

Either way atm I got 975 joules for a single crystal using average destruction values. Problem is, i wanna know what the values are for crystals such as amethyst.
And you said they could shatter 3 at a time, right? That could potentially be on the lower end of wall level, I think.

Anyways i'll try it out when i get more free time. If i had to predict it, i'd say it will be around 3000 joules, not too much tbh, so don't expect too much out of it.

Also i've a question. You denounce the use of the 9-B calc yet your calc is of the destruction of a wall that is also shown to be unstable. Why is that?

Meh, unstable =/= has been smashed like forty times, in the end cracked walls are a pretty common thing in videogames. Maybe cutting the result in half to account for instability would work tho

Meh, unstable =/= has been smashed like forty times, in the end cracked walls are a pretty common thing in videogames. Maybe cutting the result in half to account for instability would work tho
i may need to actually make the crystal calc a bit later then. do you have any destruction values for crystals? I was thinking either amethyst or quartz

Literally most of the grass in the game is as tall as the PC, they're clearly bug-sized
I don't see how that proves that they are the size of insects. Like, okay, they are plants, but whatever? We don't know how big they are. There is an area near my house where the grass is bigger than my body. Besides the fact that there are many grass smaller than the characters

There are also trees during the game, or at least part of them
Also the issue with bugs swimming isn't related to just size, they just can't move enough water since their legs are thin.
The weight of the insect and structure of their feet in combination with the surface tension of water allow some insects to walk on water. Water molecules are more attracted to each other than they are to other materials, so they generate a force to stay together called surface tension. If the force that the insect foot makes on the water, is less than the surface tension of the water, the bug will float. If the force of the foot is greater than the surface tension, the bug will sink. What determines the amount of force the foot generates is dependent on weight and foot shape. If the foot is flat and wide, the weight is dispersed across a greater surface area and the force is less than if the foot were sharp and thin.
From here

Insects capable of swimming have a different physiology

Hell, the game even applies weight to the physics of falling. This would be impossible if the character weighed grams

Last edited:
Back