• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Nagakabouros's Tier

Low 2-C seems fine.

I wouldn't know anything about the powers though.

Assaltwaffle said:
So. About Naga's powers and abilities section...

It sucks. It doesn't offer much and some of the stuff it does offer is wrong (possibly Concept Manip from what exactly?). It needs some solve while we're at it.
The best I can guess is extrapolation from Illaoi, though it's not like Naga is very active at all to use some of these.

Also, from The Burden:

""Face Nagakabouros!" she yelled. "Prove yourself!" The tentacles grasped at Gangplank, then dived into his chest. He shuddered as ghostly images of his past lives shook around him.

He screamed as his soul was ripped from his body. His doppelganger stood unmoving before Illaoi. The spirit of Gangplank smoldered an almost blinding blue, its body crackling and flickering through his previous lives.

The mass of tentacles attacked the wounded captain. Gangplank rolled and stumbled to his feet, dodging what he could. But for each one that missed, more and more appeared. Reality twisted and churned around him. The swarm of tentacles crashed against him, pushing him down, pulling him further and further from his soul - toward oblivion.

Illaoi wanted to look away. More than anything, she wanted to turn her eyes. It is my duty to witness his passing. He was a great man, but he has failed. The universe demands--- "

More proof that Naga = the universe

The universe demanded it, even though it was Nagakabouros' philosophy and who he faced.

The universe was interchangeable with Nagakabouros.

Assaltwaffle said:
The universe demanded it, even though it was Nagakabouros' philosophy and who he faced.

The universe was interchangeable with Nagakabouros.
This is assuming that the universe is sentient/has a will of sorts. It could very well be Naga just acting as if it were the universe, with Illaoi not knowing any better.

Its like illaoi's entire purpose to know this, to say 'she doesnt know any better' is to ignore quite literally all of her lore

Illaoi being a mortal with little understanding of what Naga truly is would indicate that she is more likely to be mistaken or believe simplified stuff given to her. It's still very vague to be firmly 2-C and a variable tiering would be better, regardless of what people believe. If you really want accuracy, and not something that people can get confused by when browsing the profile, a variable Tier works much better.

The entire purpose of illaoi is to fully understand what nagakabouros truly is. That is her sole purpose for existing. Hell, she's literally called the TRUTH BEARER of Nagakabouros

Seriously, now you're just trying to jump through hoops to delegitimize blatant feats for no reason when everyone else agrees with them

We have statements from not only the lore, but from the devs themselves to back up naga being Low 2-C

WeeklyBattles said:
The entire purpose of illaoi is to fully understand what nagakabouros truly is. That is her sole purpose for existing in this story.

Seriously, now you're trying to find jump through hoops to delegitimize blatant feats for no reason when everyone else agrees with them
Pointing out the flimsy supportive 'feats' you are providing as justification for 2-C is jumping through hoops now? Especially when this incorrect rating came about entirely from you making it up. Asking for more is only natural in this case when you've not met the standard earlier.

Appeal to motive, good way to help your case

The feats presented meet the standards of everyone but yours.

Lets calm it down here.

I thought we agreed on Low 2-C, not 2-C. 2-C is sketchier and is contested by more people.

He seems to be arguing against 2-C being accepted.

But yeah low 2-C seems rather explicit. You haven't exactly shown that Naga encompassing a universe contradicts anything else either.

WeeklyBattles said:
Appeal to motive, good way to help your case

The feats presented meet the standards of everyone but yours.
The feats aren't that, they're extrapolations of statements made that can still mean a lot of things and for now are not fully defined. So it's hard to say "Unknown, Possibly 2-C" when 2-C itself is not fully defined either. Making it between 3-B to 2-C would be more accurate as we have a more solid lower mark for Naga from Aurelion Sol and the statements for the higher end.

Edit: Replace 2-C with low 2-C.

And Naga encompassing a universe is the perfect example of extrapolation from statements, making it weak evidence by default.

But we stopped arguing for 2-C almost immediately lol

It was agreed that Low 2-C with low multiverse range is the most accurate rsting

@Regis 3-B is not happening, everyone is unanimously against it and it's horrendous downplay

Low 2-C has more than enough evidence to back it up

WeeklyBattles said:
@Regis 3-B is not happening, everyone is unanimously against it and it's horrendous downplay

Low 2-C has more than enough evidence to back it up
3-B has just as much, if not more evidence for it, and it's hardly downplay when it's going to be a Possible tier, coming after Unknown. This is simply not accepting other feats you dislike for no reason.

Regis you are literally the only one arguing for anything other than Low 2-C. Sorry if you dont like the rating but the changes have been agreed on.

WeeklyBattles said:
Regis you are literally the only one arguing for anything other than Low 2-C. Sorry if you dont like the rating but the changes have been agreed on.
I'm arguing for Unknown, At Least 3-B to Low 2-C (insert explanation). Sorry if you don't like it but the feats and statements shown support this far more than a blank Low 2-C that you seem to have backtracked to after failing to find more evidence.

Nothing really seems to indicare 3-B besides just being superior to the galaxy dragon though. Low 2-C fits the bill of being superior to the galaxy dragon just fine.

Low 2-C is also based off more assumptions and extrapolation than 3-B and it's not like ASol is a high tier 3-B, given that he's baseline.

Don't really see how it's assumptive to take the statements that Naga is the universe and is the all that encompasses the ant that is the galaxy dragon as tier 2. I'm not offended by 3-B like weekly seems to be, but I do feel that including it is extraneous.

Naga is the universe isn't said anywhere at all. We have Naga is all and the soul energy of a person returning to Naga. That's it. I'm not seeing how 3-B is extraneous when it's literally the most solid rating possible and the main tier is going to be Unknown for now.

Kepekley23 said:
2-B shouldn't be a possibility. It shouldn't be there at all. It is unbacked.
3-B is a low-end.

I also disagree with 2-C. None of the statements are 2-C. They're Low 2-C statements in their high-end.
After reading through this, it's basically a range of 3-B to Low 2-C statements?

However as Assalt said, unknown is an option due to vaguness and the range of statements.

So wouldn't the best options be Unknown, possibly 3-B or Low 2-C or At least 3-B, possibly Low 2-C?

I lean towards the former rating given by Imade as Naga has shown no real feats or statements like ASol, Dawnbringer/Nightbringer skin line or the Dark Stars, all of whom have a solid statement saying they can destroy galaxies/universes. Naga on the other hand is vaguely defined, hence an Unknown rating with a range of Possible ratings is more accurate than simply being X.

EDIT.

I think 3-B should be fine as low-end estimate of her power, I don't really see anything wrong with Regis suggestion since it's possible she is either 3-B or even Low 2-C since it's so vague.

Whats wrong with 3-B is NOTHING supports it. A Low 2-C is logically on a whole other level from a 3-B as the Devs say

Again, giving Naga a 3-B key for being stornger than Sol is like giving Goku a 9-C key for being stronger than any human

Nothing whatsoever is vague about the Low 2-C stuff, its about as blatant as you can get

Logic which is unsupported by the way as the Devs say nothing about Tiers in VSB terms. 3-B has just as much support as Low 2-C, this is simply denial.

Again, making false analogies doesn't help when the gap in 9-C is way smaller than in 3-B.

Back