• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision for Yu Amanai (Baki)

1. Adding Acrobatics to his P&A

Yu Amanai fighting style pretty much revolves around acrobatic movements with his No Motion Jump.

Here, he does a highly acrobatic flip to avoid Orochi grabbing his hair

Casually does this to stop an assassination attempt.

was stated that he can use any surface like a trampoline

was capable of controlling himself in the air to the point that the other fighter thought he was floating, with Baki confirming that he's been in the air for a "long time"

can continually kick someone to stay in the air, while damaging them.

Quickly jumps off the walls of the arena, twice, to avoid an attack

acrobatically flipped to put Doppo into a hold

Even while heavily injured, he could perform a flip in mid air to dodge Doppo's kick

I think these scans should qualify him for Self-Momentum and Hypermobility.

2. Adding Analytical Prediction

During his fight with Doppo, Yu was able to Predict an entire sequence of movements from Doppo, something which was confirmed by both Baki and Yu himself

3. Expanding his Martial Arts section.

This is a minor thing. I just think it would be neat to expand his Martial arts section to say something like

Martial Arts (A practitioner of his own Martial Art, titled Amanai-ryuu Martial Arts, which involves a variety of jumping and grappling techniques)

4. Changing his quote

I want to change his quote, mostly because the quote he has on his profile is really just another character hyping him up, instead of like, a quote that actually represents him.

I want to change it to:

"Destroying someone and making them happy are two sides of the same coin" Which he says here. I feel like this represents him as a fighter and as a character better than his current quote.

5. Adding two possible weaknesses (Rejected)

As shown in his introduction, he can accidentally damage the ground if he uses his "No Motion Jump" on a weak enough surface. Might be worth noting in his weakness section.

He is completely unwilling to kill his opponents, as shown in his fight with Doppo, where he begged both his opponent and the audience to accept his victory, out of fear that further fighting would result in Doppo's death.

6. Changing his image.

Minor thing. but can we change his image to something that doesn't make him look like a zombie? Lol.

I found a good PNG of him, which I went ahead and uploaded to the site. I would like to use this as his image.

Last edited:
Actually...considering he can jump off of walls and people's bodies with seemingly no difficulty, shouldn't he qualify for All-Terrain Mobility part of Acrobatics as well? a person definitely isn't a stable surface to jump off of, so I think that makes sense.

also BUMP

As shown in his introduction, he can accidentally damage the ground if he uses his "No Motion Jump" on a weak enough surface. Might be worth noting in his weakness section.
No, why would this be a weakness? That just means he is strong and the earth is weak.

I would rather put this in standard tactics if anything. It doesn't seem weakness worthy tbh. Too many people are unwilling to kill their opponents and that's not a weakness.

Rest seems fine tho.

Also I would recommend putting chapter numbers next to them so can be used for references on the file.

I would rather put this in standard tactics if anything. It doesn't seem weakness worthy tbh. Too many people are unwilling to kill their opponents and that's not a weakness
It is a weakness in Amanai case.

as we saw in his battle with Doppo, him not wanting to kill his opponents can leave him vulnerable. As shown with Doppo was able to successfully surprise him with an Eye Poke while he was begging to end the fight.

basically the hesitation to kill someone could very easily leave him open to attack against someone who doesn't hold similar ideals.

No, why would this be a weakness? That just means he is strong and the earth is weak.
I mean....I can think of situations where being unable to perform certain moves without destroying the ground would be detrimental. but alright, I can remove it.

Also I would recommend putting chapter numbers next to them so can be used for references on the file.
Sure, I'll edit this later and include some chapter numbers.

as we saw in his battle with Doppo, him not wanting to kill his opponents can leave him vulnerable. As shown with Doppo was able to successfully surprise him with an Eye Poke while he was begging to end the fight.
Doesn't matter. This is normal. Put it in standard tactics

mean....I can think of situations where being unable to perform certain moves without destroying the ground would be detrimental
Doesn't matter, it's not a weakness.

Just because I won't kill, doesn't mean it's a my weakness... Not killing people is extremely common in fiction.

If he puts himself intentionally in harm's way or near death to stop someone else from dying, then sure. But he isn't doing that. So no, this isn't a weakness.

Just because I won't kill, doesn't mean it's a my weakness... Not killing people is extremely common in fiction.

If he puts himself intentionally in harm's way or near death to stop someone else from dying, then sure. But he isn't doing that. So no, this isn't a weakness.
Oh ok. Yeah I can remove it.

SO uh, yeah. 2 mods have commented, and it seems universally accepted aside from the weaknesses. It's a pretty minor profile and this is all clear cut. Gonna go ahead and add this unless anyone objects.

SO uh, yeah. 2 mods have commented, and it seems universally accepted aside from the weaknesses. It's a pretty minor profile and this is all clear cut. Gonna go ahead and add this unless anyone objects.
i object

2ftaxklhjzm71.jpg

yu amanai should be 7-C for being able to hurt yujiro

Back