• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising verse pages with advanced gallery sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
So after the UCP update, galleries that had advanced and unconventional coding, are no longer working properly. This one is a good example (you can see the "Characters" section).

Apparently this is because the parameters that were being used in the <gallery> tag are no longer available in WikiText. If you want to create more advanced and unconventional galleries, you should compare/contrast with the available parameters on MediaWiki.org.

For the purpose of this thread, we should find the effected verses and update their galleries to a simpler form so that they work correctly. Community help regarding this will be very appreciated.

Thank you for helping out. I will highlight this thread.

Yeah, I noticed that tabbers and galleries have been glitchy looking over editing message walls, sandboxes, ect.

Well, help with fixing this would be very appreciated.

I do not think that we have a lot of such advanced gallery sections.

Thank you for helping out. We appreciate it.

We should probably divide the work of looking through our verse pages to find cases of dysfunctional galleries.

I noticed this, and I sent a ticket to Fandom, and they said they were planning to fix it.

We may want to do something to make it look better in the meantime, but they are planning to eventually fix it themselves.

Thank you for once again screwing us over, Fandom.
This isn't Fandom, this is MediaWiki removing features and making old versions of MediaWiki (the engine Fandom runs on) obsolete. Fandom has been working to make sure as much as possible from our highly-removed branch from 2007/8 is still able to be used on Fandom since we had to re-write a bunch of code literally everything from the ground up.

This is one of the main reason there are so many "bugs."

So what do you think that we should do here?

I hope fandom is able to fix this issue.

Yes, agreed, but I think that overly complicated structures for verse pages also reduces our Google search optimisation, so we should probably do something about this eventually anyway.

Well, some standard of up to how much "fancy" code can be used on a page could be an idea.

This is important, so I would greatly appreciate some help here.

I talked with our new Wiki Manager Ursuul about this issue, and he told me that he is aware of several parameters for image galleries not working, but they’ve been ticketed & should eventually be restored by Fandom.

However, he does not know if the bugs that he saw are the same ones that are mentioned here. They could be different, due to not knowing the exact problem.

As such, could somebody here provide more specific information please?

The verse page I noticed this issue on has now been fixed without intervention; so Fandom fixed the issue of images failing to resize.

Can everyone else check to see if any issues remain in galleries they had issues with before?

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Well, it seems nothing has changed regarding how to deal with this, however, the recent wiki updates have mitigated this from what I remember.
Perhaps tag the current wiki manager? As NoGround can't help anymore.

I'm not sure if there's anything to do here, I only know of a few advanced galleries which all work fine.

Should we be leave it open for anyone to come forward in the future? I think AKM is important to tag to check if it's been fixed everywhere else.

@Bob Tagging the current wiki manager seems unnecessary, and I have no clue what you mean by nothing having changed regarding how to deal with this, there's been a pretty major change which appears to be a complete fix rather than just a mitigation.

Ursuul does not seem to have enough free time to help us directly in this forum, but I am able to chat directly with him if there is some important matter to deal with.

@AKM sama

Have you noticed any current problems with image galleries, or do the problems appear to have been fixed?

I personally haven't noticed any current problems, but I am not the best person to ask.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back