• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revan vs Mace Windu

We kinda had HoT vs Mace a while ago and it was agreed Tython would win

Stahp spamming Revan -_-

Legacy of the Force Luke = Caedus = Lumiya > Jaina > Shimrra > NJO Luke > Irek Ismaren > Waru > Dark Empire Luke > Dark Empire Sidious > OT Sidious > Prequel Sidious.

It's a long list but that's the gist.

FYI LotF Luke is 2-4x stronger than he is in NJO.

Sidious is stronger than Lumiya. Dunno about Caedus tho. DE Sidious was significantly stronger than DE Luke.

On topic, I assume this is SOR Revan, so I'm giving it to Mace via comparable force power, superior dueling skills, vaapad and shatterpoint.

So fighting Legacy of the Force Luke and being stated to be his equal means she's weaker than Sidious.

Alright then.

Luke defeats Lumiya with only moderate difficulty in their last fight, coincidentally by the point he should be superior to Sidious.. She was equal in fights prior to that, around the same period Sidious defeated Luke Luke the only fair fight they had during Dark Empire (Luke only defeated Sidious with the aid of Leia) with low difficulty. Sidious could defeat Lumiya with similar difficulty.

LOTF Luke is also easily superior to Caedus.

The time Luke and Caedus fight semi-evenly is when Luke was fighting Caedus after injuries from a fight with Lumiya (in fact, the only really good hits he lands during the fight are in that spot, (everything after this is after losing his hearing and having his head spin from Yuuzong Vong Venom), popping Luke's knee, attacking him when he's talking to Ben, and breaking his nose with a light fixture.)

Luke does a fuckton more than that despite his injury, including but not limited to stabbing his kidney, cracking his teeth with an elbow, temporarily blinding him with a finger jab, slamming him into a rack of tendrils, and then at the end pummeling him. Hell, he has Caedus on the ropes several times, only for him to use something near them (Tendrils or the aforementions Yuuzong Vong torture rack) to save himself. All while Luke has just come off a reasonably tough fight with Lumiya.

When Luke is neither harmed nor poisoned by Yuuzong Vong venom, he easily restrains Caedus

Caedus also says this

"Luke had beaten him. Luke had just kept coming despite his injuries. He had inflicted more damage on Caedus than he had suffered himself, and he had even escaped the garrote before Ben struck. In fact, it was probably that attack that had saved Caedus's life. Nothing else could have shocked Luke out of his battle rage-only the sight of Ben slipping so far to the dark side.

It was a memory that both frightened Caedus and burned his pride, but it was one that he would have to contemplate at length. Now he knew what to expect when Luke discovered who really killed Mara-and when Luke came after him next time, Caedus would be ready."

Sidious > Caedus > Lumiya

If Mace is> Pre DE Sidious I don't see how Revan stands a chance in hell.

Heck, didn't you say Vitiate Low Difs SOR Revan? The guy who Sidious is much stronger then?

Mace and Sidious fought as "complete and utter equals" after Mace recieved a huge amp from both Vaapad and his own passion from the republic (It's also too convienent for Sidious to get disarmed right when Anakin shows up. He also wasn't using his full power until he broke out the lightning, where he bends Windu's saber and almost bisects him). Sidious would honestly have won if he went all out from the start (Windu couldn't even react to Sidious at the start), seeing as Windu couldn't do anything at all when he leaps over the desk, kills Agen Kolar and Saesee Tinn and fakes fear on the holocom.

Sidious >= Amped Windu >> Normal Windu

And yes, I did, but Vitiate would beat Windu pretty handily too TBH.

tbh while we don't always agree on things.

SW debates tend to be far more interesting because of how SW fights itself can be interpreted in different ways

Shadowbokunohero said:
tbh while we don't always agree on things.

SW debates tend to be far more interesting because of how SW fights itself can be interpreted in different ways
You mean in Universe Star Wars fights?

I agree on that regard.

TBH, upon analyzing further, I might actually have to go with Revan here. Mace's whole gig is that he reflects dark power via the superconducting loop of Vaapad, which is the actual reason why he could fight on par with Sidious (before it starts really kicking in, he could barely react to Sidious, and Sidious put his blade at Windu's chest 20 seconds into the fight).

Revan is weaker than Vitiate, who is weaker than Palpatine, but I can't say it's by a terrible margin, and given that the Novel makes it absolutely clear that without the Vaapad amp, Windu wouldn't have performed nearly as well due to said amp channeling Palpatine's hatred, his own feelings of betrayal, and his own love for the Republic to make him, as Windu has said before, a "weapon of the light". He won't be getting anywhere near that kind of amp against one of the greatest heroes of the Republic, a master of the light and the dark, or someone who also wants to protect the jedi and the republic (or otherwise at least destroy the empire)

Also worth noting is that Revan has vastly superior versatility with the force and given that Revan is > HoT, Revan should be skilled in Soresu, Shii-Cho, Shien, Juyo, Jar'Kai (given he can dual-wield) and Ataru, given those are taught by the Order and he was described as always trying to learn, he isn't THAT far behind in dueling skill

I think Windu takes this. He is very skilled, especially vs users of the dark side in general, he can survive enough for Vaapad to kick in and after that it's quite over for Revan.

feel like force wise, revan has the advantage, but not by much, while windu has both skill and expirience on his side. i think physically they are pretty equal as well, but windu's control of the force also seems better. i wanna say windu

To be fair, Windu doesn't have a mountain of durability feats for Force powers in legends, but he is godly in hand to hand and lightsaber dueling, and sure Revan is a great fighter, but he is a tier below in swordsmanship and the calibur of experience that Mace has. If it came to an endurance fight of skill, Mace stomps.

Force power super saiyan kryptonian Jojo stand trap card level 100 pokemon all out fighting is not what either character is about, and if needed, both will willing go to extremes, but Mace would first. He simply does not underestimate anyone. The way he killed Boba and crippled legends Grievous, brutal. He would do the same without compromise to Revan if he sensed the threat. Revan's only counter is if he sees it coming, which I feel he would start with an analysis and saberfight first, and then promptly lose before running out of stamina, he'll run out of limbs to have cut off.

Mace is simply a badass motherfluffer, so take a seat, Revan wankers. (TBH Revan could stomp pre-RotS Anakin and pre-RotJ Luke any day).

"vapaad ************, do u know it?!" -(mace), "..what?" -(revan), "i said_ 'cuts right hand off'_, do u know it?! _'cuts other hand off'_ -(windu).... this is how most historians view the outcome of the battle after doing in depth analysis and recreating the battle scene over 14 million times.

Back