• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Restructuring of the "Wiki Clean-Up Group"

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Many of you are familiar with the Wiki Clean-Up Group. They continuously clean up the formatting, correcting the structure, adding links, and in general, improving the quality of pages. One major deterrent to their work, however, is the presence of administrator-protected pages.

To improve the quality of such pages, the Wiki Clean-Up Group members are forced to rely on administrators for locking/unlocking pages.

To remedy that, the Wiki Clean-Up Group is being restructured. From now on, they will be labelled as "Content Moderators". They will have the ability to protect/unprotect pages and files by themselves, and as such, will be able to continue their good work uninterrupted.

To know more about the new Content Moderator's abilities, please read here.

Additionally, Rollback rights will be revoked from them, and content moderator rights will be given instead.

Lastly, as I'm sure some of you are aware, the "Moderators" group will be renamed to "Discussion Moderators".

Primarily, they will have the ability to edit protected pages, and even delete spam or troll pages and similar.

This seems quite usefull, for all of the Wiki Clean-Up Group.

Back then, i would like to have that.

this is really usefull, i come across quite a few pages that need to be updated (links added, boldenings, and DC to AP name change), this will be very useful

Well, his additions are high quality, but he only focused on modifying the pages that he created himself for a long time.

If he starts helping out enough he will get back in though.

I was, but i knida slacked a bit so Kav and Ant demoted me, but they said they'll let me back in if i start working harder.

so did the mod function now break into 2 different positions throughout wikia (with the content mod getting admin lvl access to the content?)

Yes. A content moderator gets admin access to locked pages, and a forum moderator can now delete and modify all types of posts that break the rules, even comments to regular profile pages.

Antvasima said:
Yes. A content moderator gets admin access to locked pages, and a forum moderator can now delete and modify all types of posts that break the rules, even comments to regular profile pages.
well those are non existant here, so thats not really a power for them, but yeah, i can see the change all over wikia

@The Living Tribunal1: Additionally, Discussion Moderators now have the ability to moderate chat as well, and delete blog post comments.

Back