• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to teleportation/BFR/magic for DBZ Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazy, Myself, Howard and Pachi disagreed, the others said could be, but never expressed their true opinion about that as they mainly refused the reality warping part.

@AKM sama

Any solid proof that it doesn't and that Porunga tried in that particular occasion to teleport Goku and failed? The best thing you got is a "maybe" for the second assumption.

There's no solid proof either way, so I disagree with the resistance.

LazyHunter said:
@AKM sama
Any solid proof that it doesn't and that Porunga tried in that particular occasion to teleport Goku and failed? The best thing you got is a "maybe" for the second assumption.

There's no solid proof either way, so I disagree with the resistance.
That's like saying Porunga can't revive strong beings and revival is linked with the power gap because he didn't directly stated otherwise. It's self-explanatory.

Literally everytime a dragon is incapable of performing a wish, he gives a reason as to why, whether it be the power gap or something else. And Porunga didn't mention power gap in this case as the reason here. It's self-explanatory too.

The assertion that Porunga contacted Goku before doing anything contains far more assumptions than simply saying that Goku resisted it which is more blatant here, given the entire history of how dragons work and the context of situation.

I'm changing my opinion based on the new type of resistance.

To assume that the Dragon would act differently for Goku in this one case where it has never done so before or since is too far a stretch to seem believable to me especially when it is based off the word "refuse" instead of "resist", or something along the same line.

It's much easier to believe that Goku refusing to be teleported is a form of resistance based on the how the Dragons in Dragon Ball operate.

Alright, I edited the post a little and changed the name of the thread.

There has to be evidence that the dragons ask the target of the wish if they want to be affected, which I'm 100% sure there isn't. The dragon didn't ask Namek's permission to restore it, he didn't ask Krillin if he wanted to be revived (and he added optional clothes), so I would say an argument on that end is unfounded.

Resistance to BFR via means of magic sounds good, personally.

@Lazy have you not noticed the only one making assumptions, is you?

The difference is that my assumption is taking what he said at face-value, by that logic, then taking any statement at face value is an assumption as credible as your's.

It was more to show that refusing has different meanings, and I would check again, many people are agreeing with the resistance.

I'm assuming Porunga failed because he literally did not bring him, how is that anything but a failure of a wish?

@Cal could be something he gains in his ssj state so he wouldn't have known at that point. Not to mention did Goku know he had time stop resistance when he resisted time stop from Hit? It's the same case.

Ye but he didn't know much about it is what I'm trying to state. (He doesn't even master it until the Cell Saga)

Specifically requesting Porunga not to take him is headcanon. Porunga explicitly states that Goku refuses in the manga. To say Goku made a request is to insert new evidence that has never been shown for any other wish.

Why would he know far more to the point where he couldn't be teleported by Dragon Balls, let alone know that he was gonna be teleported to earth?

Furthermore, Cell shouldn't have been teleported away by Goku during that moment.

To be honest: This just happened once in the whole franchise. So both sides are running on assumptions because there is no more information available.

Actually, it could be that he finds out then because he fails to teleport him.

The same Cell who didn't know he had regen til Piccolo used it? Or lacks SSJ?

@PaChi you do have a point hmmm

@Cal that's confusing lol

But Goku knows only of two planets with dragon balls, and one just got turned into space rocks. We've never seen the target of a wish have to interact with Shenron.

"Possible resistance to BFR" could be agreeable? I mean, it feels weird because its too random of a resistance.

Goku: NO, DON'T DO THAT! CHANGE THAT WISH! I WANT YOU TO MAKE IT EVERYONE ON NAMEK EXCEPT FRIEZA AND MYSELF.

Quoted word for word, caps and all.

Wasnt Whis able to BFR both Goku and Vegeta away anyways?

Not that the dragons capabilities are even in the same area code as Whis's (sans Super Shenron) but if Goku had resistance he would've been able to stop that.

Well his profile yeah, but we discovered he was low 2-C the entire time in the current arc

Omimi said:
SomebodyData said:
Whis the Low 2-C character? @Professor
@Cal doesn't debunk what I said ovo
at that time he was 3-A ..........no?
He was believed to be 3-A because there was nothing indicating that he was any level higher at the time, but he was always Low 2-C.

Whis and the other Angels needed to be Low 2-C since it's easy to assume that they are far stronger than most other 3-A characters.

The real cal howard said:
Goku: NO, DON'T DO THAT! CHANGE THAT WISH! I WANT YOU TO MAKE IT EVERYONE ON NAMEK EXCEPT FRIEZA AND MYSELF.

Are people still discussing this?

The real cal howard said:
Well that's not enough proof to counter it, considering Goku isn't shown telling anybody telepathically to not summon him back to Earth, but I digress. :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back