• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to teleportation/BFR/magic for DBZ Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
I don't know if this has been brought up here before but I felt the need to discuss it.

The feat I'm talking is about when Porunga tried to teleport Goku from planet Yardrat to Earth, Goku flat out resisted this.

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-329?id=260916#10

Teleporting people is well within Porunga's power as he has demonstrated it before too when he teleported everyone from Namek to Earth and that included the likes of Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, etc.

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-324?id=260911#6

Now I know someone will definitely bring up the "Shenron and Porunga can't affect stronger beings" argument so I will cover that here too even though the above example already proves otherwise. This argument stems from 2 occasions:

1. Shenron wasn't able to get rid of the saiyans in the Saiyan Saga. But as Shenron stated himself, he can't grant wishes that are beyond the power of his creator. Clearly killing someone off doesn't lie under Shenron's jurisdiction.

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-212?id=260798#11

2. Shenron wasn't able to convert 18 into a human. But as Shenron himself stated yet again, this was something beyond his powers because of the power gap.

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Dragon-Ball---419?id=342121#2

However what most people forget is that Shenron was able to affect 18's internal structure as he removed her bomb, and apparently the power gap has nothing to do with this.

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Dragon-Ball---419?id=342121#3

And Shenron and Porunga both have performed their reality warping on stronger beings. Examples include:

- reviving Vegeta in the Frieza saga and Kibito in the Buu saga.

- reviving Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo and others in the Buu saga.

So clearly there are some things which fall directly under what these dragons can do and what they can't do, and in all both occasions when the wishes were beyond their powers, they flat out informed the wish-makers about it without even trying to perform them.

In this particular case however Porunga tried to teleport Goku. He never once made a statement about his limitations that this was something beyond his jurisdiction, nor did he say anything about the power gap. He tried and Goku simply resisted it and there was nothing Porunga could do about it.

I see no reason as to why this shouldn't be a viable evidence of Goku resisting teleportation/BFR/magic. Please keep this thread civil.

The real cal howard said:
AFAIK, Porunga could've done it, but it would've killed Goku.
You can check the link btw, there is nothing that suggests Porunga could've done it at the cost of Goku's life.

for the first time in years, this reminded that Goku should have resistance, but only in gt, and as a ssj4 (as he can break the spell temporarily and become an adult again while in ssj4).

So that's something, just not applicable to z or canon.

He refused, in this context clearly means he resisted.

And dragons don't ask another being for his permission to grant wishes. Their whole point is to grant the wish of the wish-maker. Porunga literally teleported everyone on Namek to Earth instantly.

Porunga tried, Goku resisted and told Porunga that he will come back later.

Something like this never happened to any other wishes granted by the dragons. And that's the whole point I am saying that only Goku was able to resist Porunga's reality warping in all of DBZ.

The Everlasting said:
>Teleporting people = reality warping
What.
Porunga teleports people via his reality warping, he grants wishes, right?

Warren Valion said:
Does telporting people count as Reality Warping though?

Edit: I was Ninja'd
Given how the only powers these dragon's posses is their ability to warp reality which includes creating new imagined items(for Oolong), provide new powers(immortality), resurrect the dead, etc.

It would be an assumption to think that they grant other wishes by any other means instead of using their normal power of reality warping.

The Dragons grant wishes in any number of ways, creating stuff is creation, giving immortality is... just that, and bringing back the dead is resurrection. They barely have any actual reality warping feats.

Not to mention, you can't place Resistance to Reality Warping unless one is shown to resist reality warping from several different sources (Magic, tech, etc...), as it should be Resistance to Magic (As there is another showing of resistance against a magic ability ie Vegeta with the mind manipulation) or unwilling teleportation.

The Everlasting said:
The Dragons grant wishes in any number of ways, creating stuff is creation, giving immortality is... just that, and bringing back the dead is resurrection. They barely have any actual reality warping feats.
^^^

This.

You could argue Goku could resist being teleported or Spatial Manipulation, but out right Reality Warping seems like a stretch to me.

OpMasada said:
Has there been any other feats of goku "Resisting" the dragon's powers? I don't believe this is enough to qualify for resisting reality warping.
That is the one and only instance in the whole series of any dragon forcing something on Goku unwillingly. And Goku resisted it. I don't see how that doesn't count.

Even then, this contradicts the fact that Goku had to specifically request to not be included in Dende's wish to bring them to earth.

So what makes more sense? That Goku gained a resistance within the span of a season and a half? Or that Goku refused like Porunga said, given Porunga definitely talked to Goku, as Goku and said things more than "no".

Goku had to request for both Frieza and himself. And I didn't say Frieza was resistant. And even then it doesn't take away anything from the feat as Porunga tried and failed later on in the series.

I agree with the OP.

They should be given resistance to reality warping, Existence erasure, void manipulation, time manipulation, death manipulation, probability manipulation and soul manipulation.

Wait, I thought we were talking about a digimon.

AKM sama said:
Goku had to request for both Frieza and himself. And I didn't say Frieza was resistant. And even then it doesn't take away anything from the feat as Porunga tried and failed later on in the series.
When?

.....Oh boy...

Porunga said: "He refused"

Porunga never said: "I cannot bring him back"

Even then, this is teleportation, NOT Reality Warping.....

Dragonmasterxyz said:
.....Oh boy...
Porunga said: "He refused"

Porunga never said: "I cannot bring him back"

Even then, this is teleportation, NOT Reality Warping.....
A reality warper can't use his reality warping to teleport others?

Yes, Porunga never flat out said "I can't bring him back", that's literally all the more reason to show that it was within his powers as dragons flat out refuse to perform something which they can't do.

And, Porunga tried, Goku refused. This, in given context, simply means Goku resisted it.

Aren't wishing dragons like Porunga and Shenron pretty limited in their Reality Warping? As in, their power depends on the power of their creator so they cannot affect beings that are above them against their will? Shenron couldn't just wish away or kill Vegeta and Nappa, for example. That's not a resistance feat, it's a shortcoming of the wishing dragon.

I am being serious here lol, I still haven't seen a single valid reason which discredits this.

@AKM "Not to mention, you can't place Resistance to Reality Warping unless one is shown to resist reality warping from several different sources (Magic, tech, etc...), as it should be Resistance to Magic (As there is another showing of resistance against a magic ability ie Vegeta with the mind manipulation) or unwilling teleportation."

Dark649 said:
If the Admins disagrees then it will not be applied.
That would be appeal to authority tho

SomebodyData said:
@AKM "Not to mention, you can't place Resistance to Reality Warping unless one is shown to resist reality warping from several different sources (Magic, tech, etc...), as it should be Resistance to Magic (As there is another showing of resistance against a magic ability ie Vegeta with the mind manipulation) or unwilling teleportation."
Is there a rule like this?

What if, as in this case, the character has been exposed to it only once? Do we simply ignore it and pretend it never happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back