• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance Scaling

So I know we can't have hax resistance via being more powerful than someone unless it's higher vs lower dimensions but whatever, but what if you actually have a resistance? For instance: Character A has 2-A mindhax. Character B 2-A AP and has mindhax resistance but said resistance is powered by an energy source which also happens to be the source of his AP, such as life eneegy or magic. While AP doesn't give you resistance to hax out of noewhere; can it, under the right circumstances boost pre-existing resistances?

I think PMM has their hax scaling to AP (I vaguely remember something about it so feel free to correct me)

PMMM Scales stuff to 2-A which is a 4D tier, but i'm pretty sure that if this is a thing explicitly stated by the verse then its fair game. SMT does it I believe.

Really? I coulda sworn I remember a few mentions about PMMM having hax that scales to their AP. Or is that only for the High tiers?

PMMM has hax scaling to their AP because the source of their hax powers is the same as source that grants them their powers (fate potential), and because there are statements like that (the first one coming to mind is Tart's abilities being upscaled to her level).

Granted it's only really relevant for the god tiers, because stuff like Melissa's matter destruction doesn't relate to AP either way, and all of them have feats of affecting other 2-As with their powers anyway.

We don't scale resistances to 2-A however. Madoka has 2-A mind resistance because of a feat, not because of upscaling

I think that we do something like that with Saint Seiya as well because Cosmos is the source for both powers and strength.

Question, assume there's a Mountain Level character who has minor resistance to, say, Universal+ level (Low 2-C) Reality Warping. The Character gets a boost that amplifies all his stats and abilities and makes him Multiversal+. So would his resistance to Reality Warping now be 2-A level or something else???

Back