• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resident Evil Remakes Canonicity

I'll say again only Re2 remake and Re3 remake have been declared seperate continuities. they even said they didn't want to call them remakes because they where reimaginings in the artical Apex linked.

But in every store description of Re:make it is called a remake. even the recent Nintendo switch one . And that version came out after Re2make.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pc...evil-remake-wouldnt-be-laughable-says-capcom/ Even capcom calls it a remake here when asked here.

just because Re2make was declared a reimagining doesn't mean original remake is unless directly declared so.

The remake versions should get their own pages. We usually separate continuities by pages rather than keys.

I'm not arguing against re2make characters getting different pages.

I am however arguing the first Remake is canon and is a remake of the first game.

I agree with this.

The canon games scaling will include the first two games while the Remakes characters will have their own profiles.

Based off what? It being made later? Plus re2make seems to be considered non canon because it's directly declared as such. No such statment exists about the first one.

Sera EX said:
The remake versions should get their own pages. We usually separate continuities by pages rather than keys.
This is correct, yes.

@Dragonmastexyz

That seems like a good idea.

Profiles probably, although it will create more work. My apologies about that.

Profiles. Not sure why Soul Calibur was given alternate keys but a discussion for that verse.

Sera EX said:
Profiles. Not sure why Soul Calibur was given alternate keys but a discussion for that verse.
I personally felt it was a waste to make an entirely new profile for them. But a discussion for another day.

I personally felt it was a waste to make an entirely new profile for them. But a discussion for another day.

I always thought keys were the proper way to do it.

Not really Godzilla (Millennium) and Lara Croft both were Split un different Profiles (by me) as accorded in different threads

Actually, upon checking, none of the feats that Leon, Claire, Jill, Chris and the ohter good guys scale to as of this moment are from the Remakes minus the Tyrant's ceiling bust (Which is just slightly higher than the 9-A feats the zombies have) and the rocket deflect.

In the orginal RE there are no Crimson Heads, which means the Zombie profile is using Remake parts.

Lickers are scaling from the Zombies profile with Remake information.

Also I think we should have a Leon as was in 1998 and then a Leon from RE4 and soo on, cause he was trained s a president guard.

I see. But other than that, the Wall level+ explosion is Zombie-exclusive.

Apex PredatorX said:
Sorry but Nope.

The grenade launcher in RE3 is not the same as RE6

G._Launcher_(RE3)

Grenade_Launcher_(RE6)
Um the nitrogen grenade calc? (Which I think is still valid?.) should scale regardless... but I'm pretty sure the grenades used by both are the same type. Which mean they scale.

(IRL normal grenades used by grenade launchers are simaler 40mm grenade rounds. This is true for both the Single shot grenade launcher and multi shot grenade launcher.)

The weapon works similarly, only the grenade types are different.

I think the feats from the original game might yield 9-A results regardless so the tiers will prolly basically remain the same.

Also looks like Ada survived that punch. Looks like steel is being pulverized.

Jesterofgames said:
I'm pretty sure the regular Grenades are the same.
Also is pretty obvious the RE3 Grenade Launcher is weaker. Sometimes mutants or even Zombies can survive a direct shot from it.

While RE6 GLR can instantly kill J'avo and zombies with these rounds.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Apex PredatorX said:
Ok then but before create NEW profiles we need to discuss if this thread also applies to Resident Evil 1 Remake.
I'm not sure myself. Wasn't RE1 remake actually more of a remaster than a full on retelling like RE2? We might have to wait to see if 3make makes references to the changes in RE1 remake, or just the original.

Sera EX said:
I'm not sure myself. Wasn't RE1 remake actually more of a remaster than a full on retelling like RE2? We might have to wait to see if 3make makes references to the changes in RE1 remake, or just the original.
There are many differences with the original game, new monsters, plus new storytelling. 2nd remake referenced RE1 remake in some way?

Back