• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reposting Hulk feat and power Addition and tier 2-A to Low 1-C upgrade

Stop extending one writer's overwhelmingly blatant suckage to the thousands of writers employed by the company.

kthx

Base Hulk being Tier 2 is probably a no and unless the amp carries over I don't know if it's even worth mentioning honestly.

We don't include every Hulk power up on his profile due to the sheer number of random power ups Hulk gets for some reason.

And like, ignore Cates himself for a second, if a writer goes "I don't care about powerscaling I do whatever I want", we just don't consider their shit, no matter what their writing skill may be.

This is the level of shit being asked to be listed on the file.
Yes, but that goes for most other Marvel writers as well, which is why I think that we should use personal character feats and consistency of comparative power displays to as great degree as possible.

Stop extending one writer's overwhelmingly blatant suckage to the thousands of writers employed by the company.

kthx
Said thousands of writers have consistently contradicted each other so much in their portrayals that it fits with the overall context, and Stan Lee himself openly admitted that these were the fundamental premises that he created from the start.

There are yet still very many writers who care for uniting the narrative and tying it together, so.

Anyways this is derailing, conclusion is Cates' feats given bad 99% of the time

Some, but my overall experience is that the ones who are knowledgeable enough about the character histories to do so are in the minority, and are only capable of doing so for their own and certain other stories. They are not able to completely untangle the messes left by all the contradictions created by other writers.

Still, at least Al Ewing is trying in that regard, but he also drastically changes certain character personalities for political reasons.

Alright, can we drop this now please? We should probably discuss this in the general marvel discussion thread instead.

So what do we want to about this stuff here? I am inclined to agree that we don't use this, or wait for the arc to end to get a better picture of Hulk's new feats - unless it's an external power up.

Alright, can we drop this now please? We should probably discuss this in the general marvel discussion thread instead.
Agreed. I did not know that we have a general Marvel discussion thread though.
So what do we want to about this stuff here? I am inclined to agree that we don't use this, or wait for the arc to end to get a better picture of Hulk's new feats - unless it's an external power up.
I am inclined to agree with this. Hulk defeating a Celestial-level opponent and matching skyfather Thor, who killed a full-power Galactus, with just the power of 3,000 nuclear warheads, doesn't make any sense.

In that case, we should probably close the thread for now. In case more information comes up regarding this new armour later in the arc, then a separate thread can be made.

Also, @Excel616, please put more effort in your CRTs - like why you want to upgrade it to certain level and stuff (I still don't get where low 1c stuff comes from here). And it would be ideal if you discussed or confirm it with rest of in the general discussion thread beforehand and save time in general. If you have marvel related questions, try posting it there for quicker response.

Edit: Leaving aside AP, the absorption stuff can be discussed. No more ap or durability stuff. Only abilities. So, will reopen

Last edited:
Anyway, Confluctor makes sense to me in his last post above.

I think we should wait for the Arc to end.

Back