• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reposting Hulk feat and power Addition and tier 2-A to Low 1-C upgrade

Excellence616

He/Him
After reading this comic by Donny Cates, I realized that hulk need a tier upgrade and power addition.
This is the link to the comic
Here:
Attack Potency: damage Iron Man's Celestial Armor.

Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022)

Destroyed Iron Man's Celestial Armor and damage Thor.

Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022)

Durability: Withstood attacks from Celestial Armor.

Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022)

Hulk can also give out huge amount of energy from his body and eyes.

Hulk Vol 5 #5, #6 and #7 (2022)

And also absorb his opponents.

Hulk Vol 5 #6 (2022)

Last edited:
Things in blogspot get deleted at random, please move it at Imgur.

After reading this comic by Donny Cates, I realized that hulk need a tier upgrade and power addition.
This is the link to the comic
Here:
Attack Potency: damage Iron Man's Celestial Armor.

Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022)

Destroyed Iron Man's Celestial Armor and damage Thor.

Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022)

Durability: Withstood attacks from Celestial Armor.

Hulk Vol 5 #7 (2022)

Hulk can also give out huge amount of energy from his body and eyes.

Hulk Vol 5 #5, #6 and #7 (2022)

And also absorb his opponents.

Hulk Vol 5 #6 (2022)

@Antvasima your thoughts?

It Has no Feats yet, but we can say since it is made from a celestial armor then it must be equal to a celestial
No? Celestial armor inherent is a 3D structure.

Not to mention Celestials are jobbers and Cates explicitly criticizes powerscaling for his comics, very publicly too

Celestials are stated to be 5 dimensional, but something makes them look 3D. I can't remember the comic
Their axis probably, that's a common explanation for 3-D physical forms in Marvel universe
And why does Cates criticizing powerscaling matters here
Because if shit is written to not fit into the verse then it's ignorable compared to shit meant to fit in. Basic.
Well, Hulk didn't fought back because he wanted a favour from Zeus.
Headcanon?

Their axis probably, that's a common explanation for 3-D physical forms in Marvel universe

Because if shit is written to not fit into the verse then it's ignorable compared to shit meant to fit in. Basic.

Headcanon?
No at all. If you read #621, 622 and 623 you will understand.

Headcanon?
It would still make them 5D

Why would they be written to not fit in the verse?

Cates explicitly criticizes powerscaling for his comics, very publicly too
Please elaborate.

Regardless, Hulk has explicitly been keeping up with skyfather Thor in this story, but also only unleashed the power of 3,000 gamma bombs in order to destroy Iron Man's Celestial-powered armor.

In addition, I am pretty sure that this story will establish that Hulk may very well be physically stronger than Thor at extreme rage if they are only going to stand and punch each other, but that Thor is ultimately more powerful given his many other powers that the Hulk cannot counter against, so he will win. Also, Thor just powered-up by turning into a Hulk (again, as it has happened once before).

We should probably wait with upgrades until the story has finished.

Please elaborate.

Regardless, Hulk has explicitly been keeping up with skyfather Thor in this story, but also only unleashed the power of 3,000 gamma bombs in order to destroy Iron Man's Celestial-powered armor.

In addition, I am pretty sure that this story will establish that Hulk may very well be physically stronger than Thor at extreme rage if they are only going to stand and punch each other, but that Thor is ultimately more powerful given his many other powers that the Hulk cannot counter against, so he will win. Also, Thor just powered-up by turning into a Hulk (again, as it has happened once before).

We should probably wait with upgrades until the story has finished.
Okay

Likely in 4 - 5 months time - since comic arcs are usually 4 - 6 issues long, and Cates usually does 6 issue long arcs. So...

Likely in 4 - 5 months time - since comic arcs are usually 4 - 6 issues long, and Cates usually does 6 issue long arcs. So...
I think that this story will end much quicker than that, as the component parts have been released quite frequently.
On twitter, he often talks about how Spidey beating Juggernaut is perfectly fine or if how captain America can beat the sentry if he were to write a story about them. Among a lot of other terrible scaling opinions
Well, to be fair, that is very typical behaviour for Marvel writers, which is why we have such ongoing extreme problems with scaling the verse properly, and at least Cates is recurrently entertaining. He does not seem to replace entertainment value with relentless political slander and propaganda, and does not go out of his way to systematically defile and distort character personalities as much as possible, unlike Jason Aaron for example.

I would say Cates is as bad as Aaron, in fact, maybe even worse with how bad he writes characters - and how practically every story he writes is bad and... Well, rather unoriginal.

But I would rather not go on another Cates rant here, so we should probably focus back on the thread.

Well, to be fair, that is very typical behaviour for Marvel writers, which is why we have such ongoing extreme problems with scaling the verse properly
Eh, the street levels look good at least. It's just the high and god tiers that need revision from what I've seen.

In which case the issues you do have usually comes from having scaling prioritizing over feats. Island level to Galaxy level should be a range. Not a limit. Characters should be able to fall between them if they have their own feats, or at least be given a likely far higher.

Thank you, but I have disabled my Twitter access. It addicts me (and most others) to getting upset in general. Does anybody have screencaptures please?

Confluctor:

Thank you. That fits with what I have been trying to explain all along about Marvel writers' general attitude to storytelling that makes sense in terms of power levels, but some people still seem to be in denial about it.

Back