• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
You don't know how hard is to find a match for Renamon....

Digimon vs Berserk

The Golden Kitsune vs The Black Knight

-Both are 8-B
Guts-0
Hmm? A fox? I guess you'll be good for dinner. You've picked the wrong opponent.

-Speed Equalized

-Fight takes place in an open field.

-Standard Battle Assumptions

FIGHT!!!!

Renamo: 4 (Gargoyle, PaChi, Griffin and Zeed)

Guts: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Renamon dtbs
So you are the legendary Black Knight? I wonder how strong you really are.

Don't see much that Guts can do here, Dragonslayer and his Armor will keep him holding on but I don't see him getting past multiple dublicates of Renamon that can all poison him.

It not a deadly poison, it's just a slowly weakening poison. Renamon can use the poison anytime she sees an opening.

A Digimon can use any technique at anytime in character. These are just casual techniques. Although if I had to say, she'd utilize here Duplication and Teleportation moves first before resorting to poison.

Is there any fights in which you can link that shows a Renamon in combat? I'm aware of Tamers as I've watched that prior but that's considered a seperate profile/character here.

This is just a generic everyday Renamon as such has no actual fights to show an everyday Renamon in combat.

A Digimon has a win over my favorite bad guy of all time so I'm going with Guts (laughing maniacally) OvO

Seriously though I'm going with Renamon, Duplication, Teleportation and poison should give her the win but it won't be easy considering Guys is gonna be breserk and won't stop attacking with that big blade of his.

Than how can we say or know how it'll fight?

Now pardon me for making a comparison thst has been made numerous times before but I'm gonna make a Pokemon comparison. Pokemon there's trainers mons as examples or we do Actually see wild mons fight on multiple occasions for many species but if there's no instance of it ever being in a fight then how can we know what'll be inclined to do outside of guessing? And in my opinion this match honestly depends on how it plays out but with no prior instances to draw upon itd be a wild guess that's neither wrong not right.

@PaChi In Cyber Sleuth, Renamon would stomp Kid Lucemon by virtue of being a Data Digimon. ovo

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Than how can we say or know how it'll fight?
Now pardon me for making a comparison thst has been made numerous times before but I'm gonna make a Pokemon comparison. Pokemon there's trainers mons as examples or we do Actually see wild mons fight on multiple occasions for many species but if there's no instance of it ever being in a fight then how can we know what'll be inclined to do outside of guessing? And in my opinion this match honestly depends on how it plays out but with no prior instances to draw upon itd be a wild guess that's neither wrong not right.
Because, Digimon in essence are known to spam moves in their casual moveset. The moves listed on their files are just casual moves in their arsenal. Not to mention in games, Digimon also tend to spam their moves. Also the databook entries give info on a Digimon's nature. Renamon is cool, calm and analytical. It will also use anything in its arsenal by nature of being a Digimon, in which as I've stated are known for spammin their attacks.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@PaChi In Cyber Sleuth, Renamon would stomp Kid Lucemon by virtue of being a Data Digimon. ovo
Renamon needs a 2-A key, then. ovo

Renamon>Lavos approved.

In all seriousness: teleportation + poison + somewhat ranged attacks give this to renamon unless Im missing something.

I should mention that Sesshouseki (Poison move) requires Renamon to turn herself into a stone to release the gas.

Yes But Digimon as a whole isn't Renamon. And cool, calm and analytical hardly screams spams moves to me, rather it says study the opponent and go from there. Simply stating it's a digimon so itll spam its entire arsenal without any showings isn't nearly enough for me. At least provide the source that states digimon, as a whole, spam their movesets.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Yes But Digimon as a whole isn't Renamon.
And cool, calm and analytical hardly screams spams moves to me, rather it says study the opponent and go from there. Simply stating it's a digimon so itll spam its entire arsenal without any showings isn't nearly enough for me. At least provide the source that states digimon, as a whole, spam their movesets.
Spam was the wrong word. I should of said a Digimon is willing to use any move in its arsenal from the beginning, especially if it's a casual attack and/or does not require much energy. And this is how we've treated Digimon for a while, that's not changing. For example, it is highly likely for Renamon to start with Poison along with Duplication. And if you are looking for a source that literally says this, you are asking for too much. I'm going by what we've seen from Digimon over the years, by analyzing their actions throughout Anime, Games, Manga and Cards.

Of course i expect it to be willing to use its entire arsenal without hesitation, the problem is the order of which itll use it or how it fights normally.

Like take Guts here as an example, he has his crossbow and he'll use it, but it's not his go to thing or as an unrelated example, Goku, he can use his ki attacks abd will if needed, but he tends to heavily favor cqc.

All i ask is for a clip, some text, etc, that describes how it fights. Or at least some WoG statement that suggests how itd open up a fight so i can properly make an assumption. I could say Renamon opens up the fight with completely different moves opposed to what youre saying. Does that make me or you in the right or wrong? Which is more likely?

"Of course i expect it to be willing to use its entire arsenal without hesitation, the problem is the order of which itll use it or how it fights normally."

Digimon utilize their arsenal normally when they fight. Note the the majority of Renamon's skills are CQC, even the poison.

"All i ask is for a clip, some text, etc, that describes how it fights. Or at least some WoG statement that suggests how itd open up a fight so i can properly make an assumption. I could say Renamon opens up the fight with completely different moves opposed to what youre saying. Does that make me or you in the right or wrong? Which is more likely?"

I brought this up before. It's even on the file. Heck, I even said that Renamon would not likely start with poison, rather her more ninja-like moves. To quote the Official Databook.

A Beast Man Digimon which has the appearance of a golden fox. Renamon is a Digimon whose relationship with humans is expressed bluntly, so depending on how it was raised during its time as a Baby, it is said that it can evolve to a Renamon of particularly high intelligence. As it is always calm, cool, and collected, it is practiced enough that it doesn't lose that composure in any situation. Its slender, tall appearance excels when compared with other Childs, and rather than Power Battling, it makes sport of the enemy with various arts that use its speed.

Unless all Digimon are the same that's not something I wanna put everything into too.

the final statement there is getting somewhere, But speed is equalised so that's rendered somewhat null but it does give me an idea of how it fights.

Anyway ya said the poison isn't lethal correct? And she needs to turn into a statue? Does the statue have the same dura as her and if so how long does it take to release said poison.

That's how we've long treated Digimon, and that's how we will continue to do so. This is due to the fact that a lot of Digimon have not been seen outside of Databooks anyway. Not all Digimon have been seen in combat. Only reason they even have stats is via powerscaling to the norm of other Digimon on their level of power. Or feats from those below. Expecting a feat for everything regarding Digimon is simply not possible. We can only go by databook entries and go from there.

Yes it does. Based upon the description, instantly.

• Sesshouseki: Transforms into a stone and releases a poisonous gas.

I think maybe I worded that incorrectly? I wasn't asking how long it takes for it to turn into a statue but rather how long it takes for the poison to be released. A second? 2? 10? On a side note, and this important. How far into city block is it? Because depending on that answer, any other questions could be rendered useless and I can make a vote based off that.

Shouldn't take more than like a few seconds.

I...don't know considering the link to the calc was broken all of a sudden.....sigh....hate when that happens...

Depending on the AP yeild, assuming it snt almost equal to Guts, i could probably safely vote for either since I know his off the top of my head (or at least Dragon Slayer's anyway).

Well, based on votes, people think Renamon's natural fighting style via duplication and teleportation skills may give her the victory. I'll let you analyze it for yourself.

Here's Renamon, likely most useful move here.

• Kohenkyo: Copies the opponent's appearance, or, (in Battle Evolution) switches places with them in a whirl of leaves. In Digimon RPG, teleports to the enemy and kicks them before disappearing. In Masters, uses a glowing hand to summon two phantom clones of itself to attack the enemy.

If techniques and skills were all that mattered we'd have tier 9's fighting tier 7's that are without the obvious broken hax. Ap is kinda important, if she's like just under multi block this is a stomp, if she's baseline Guts can likely ohko. Ap and dura are rather important here, especially since that's how both are winning if they do, anything else just helps.

Well we can't view the exact value right now. And the feat that she scales to was pretty casual.. Also you are kinda overexaggerating your point here with the abilities. With certain abilities, you can overpower stronger foes with skills. That's the point. I mean that is literally what Renamon's style is. She's no power fighter, she uses techniques to overpower her opponents to compensate for her not relying on brute force. By I digress. Vote if you want...this has tired me out...

The value is still important. Take tier 3's for example. They can be the same tier but the tier is large enough to where one can splatter the other, same goes for tier 9's even.

And I'm not saying skills cat help overcome stronger opponents but from what I can tell Renamon lacks the skills and hax needed to overcome someone far stronger than her, same goes for Guts, all he has is bloodlust and pain tolerance that would keep him in against a stronger foe and even that wouldn't last forever.

So are you going to vote or...? I understand tier gaps. What is Guts' value.

Id vote but there's missing info.

Scales off Zodd as he's tanked hits from him and Guts is capable of killing him when given the chance. Outside of scaling, Dragon Slayer is strong enough tank 45 tons without any damage, Guts also tanked said attack while in close proximity (as in he was in the blast) So let's say 45 tons for Guts as a high end if ya wanna accept he tanked the attack too which would scale and 45 for Dragon Slayer at the absolute bare minimum which he uses as a shield occasionally (which is on the profile and linked in his durability section)

Dragon Slayer is the issue here. Also Guts does not start in Berserker Armor here. Just a heads up. Don't know how fast he'd use against a random fox he met in a forest. ovo

It's a question of whether Renamon can bypass Dragon Slayer's defense.

Technically he does start in the Armor, he's wearing it ovo. Now if he starts with it active that's a different story but its not a matter of if he'd use it, it's a matter of how long till it forces him to use it because Guts doesn't have a say in that, if the Armor wants to be used it's taking over.

Back