• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Renaming a category.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I really small deal. I'd just feel better if the "Emotion Controllers" category was renamed into "Empathic Manipulation Users", or "Empaths"

Empathic Manipulation users seems better. "Empaths" sounds like "Empathic Characters"

Fair enough. I prefer the former as well. For the record, empaths are the emotion version of telepaths, if you didn't know.

You don't rename a category. You have to move all of them to a new category. Just go to "Category:Emphatic_Manipulation_Users"

A. Create the page (not required)

B. Go to all of the pages with "Emotion Controllers", remove it/replace it with "Empathic Manipulation Users".

Categories aren't actual pages so they can't be renamed if I'm remembering this correctly. And a category is only effective if it has pages to it. So replacing "Emotion Controllers" from the pages with that category should remove the category entirely/make it blank.

You sure it's necessary? There's 100 pages in that category (unless I counted wrong).

Likely not, but if I have the free time, I'll do it (hope I could get a little help if I do tho...)

There's a script for replacing categories with other ones, which should work for you. I think Prom has access to the script.

Um......wouldn't Empathy manipulation be a subpower of Emotion Manipulation, and not the entire spectrum of applications the later can provide?

Back