• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rename Jack The Ripper (Record of Ragnarok)

I mean, it isn’t like Mr Anonymous is his real name either-

we can just keep the name “Jack the Ripper” since that’s what he’s most known by, and just note on the profile that his real name is unknown. Adding Mr. anonymous as one of his aliases.

Ok, I’m not denying that.

but Jack the Ripper is still the name he is most known by. It is the name he currently goes by and the name most people who search the profile would recognize.

nothing is lost if we don’t rename the profile, and simply add Mr. anonymous as one of his many “names”

Goofy thread

Jack the Ripper is the name he's remembered as in both RoR and IRL history. The announcer refers to him as Jack the Ripper. The crowd refers to him as Jack the Ripper. His canonical title is Jack. THE. RIPPER.

Changing it makes no sense.

Jack the Ripper is the name he's remembered as in both RoR and IRL history
The name Jack the Ripper actually belongs to Luke Evans instead of him, who was killed by Mr Anonymous a member of M16. He even left a letter signed Anonymous rather than Jack the Ripper or Brunhilde calling him Mr. Anonymous first instead of Jack the Ripper.

The name Jack the Ripper actually belongs to Luke Evans instead of him, who was killed by Mr Anonymous a member of M16. He even left a letter signed Anonymous rather than Jack the Ripper or Brunhilde calling him Mr. Anonymous first instead of Jack the Ripper.
That completely disregards my point. The argument is that Jack the Ripper is the name he's remembered as and is referred to as by other characters.

Him having taken the name from someone else has no bearing on how we will refer to him on our profiles.

I'm totes cool with that. I only argue against the premise we need to change his profile name entirely.

If the RoR wiki is gonna keep it to Jack (What he is known by for the mainline series, what he is calling himself much like 'Mr. Anonymous' anyway), and its going to be the most mainstream understanding of whom the character is, then its completely fine and not worth the confusion.

The actual Jack the Ripper isnt going to ever make a viable page either given we see him once and he's killed immediately with no feats. We should also hold off on all the likely new content Jack's page will receive from his spinoffs (He's already able to leave craters in walls casually and dislocate his arms for longer range) until its finished anyway.

Back