• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rena Rouge (Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir) VS Royal Pain (Sky High)

4433818d89d5120e175c8a3d56614ad0.jpg
9pWp5P1.jpg

Last edited:
Wait what's stopping Royal Pain from using her de-aging beam on her opponent? Because she was able to hit a number of competent superheroes at the climax of the movie so I'm not sure you can dodge that so easily

Alright then. Something about that technology manipulation at Royal Pain's profile. Has she demonstrated the ability to create any non-weapon equipments? And at the same time in fights in the show where Rena lost, how did her opponent see through her illusions?

Has she demonstrated the ability to create any non-weapon equipments?
IIRC, Gwen has just assembled weapons with the pieces to do so (Like the flash-freezing gun that she built for Will). Other than that her control seemingly goes about as much as the technology in her surroundings can do, like when she made the machinery of the gym during the homecoming move around.
And at the same time in fights in the show where Rena lost, how did her opponent see through her illusions?
Rena Rouge's illusions disappear at a touch. She just uses them to create a bait or diversion that pretends a fight, as well as create any scenario that might trick her foe in any aspect.

Well then... Assuming she has no knowledge of Rena's abilities, I think Rena can win.

Problem is if Royal Pain has knowledge of said abilities, she can probably just create a tracking device or a shockwave gun. Since SBA is used, I think I'm leaning towards Rena

Royal Pain should have the Pacifier as her standard equipment. Doesn't know why but that section are empty.
It is in her notable attack section though. I wonder if moving it to the Standard Equipment section is allowed

Also since she did go through most of the movie without using it, would it be safe to assume that The Pacifier is optional equipment

She does uses it in one of the flashback before the Commander took it, then she spend her time to get it back. You could assumed that she would carry the Pacifier around normally.

^ The Pacifier was only used against her at the time, proved by the fact that The Commander and Will though that Royal Pain was obliterated instead of de-aged. The Pacifier itself it's just a tool for her plot, which she ditched by the time it was her turn to fight Will.

I don't remember the exact detail of it but isn't the whole point of her plan is turning everybody into baby to create a supervillain school?

I see Royal pain taking this tbh. Both have FTL reaction speeds, so speed isn't a major factor here, though Royal Pain does have higher mobility due to flight. Royal Pain has higher AP and likely durability, as well as hax in the form of the Pacifier. The only thing Rena Rouge has is an illusion ability that at the very least will stop RP from firing the pacifier at the correct target for a while, but with RP having winning the stat triangle and Rena having no hax that could grant her a win-con, I'll have to say RP has got this in the bag. Not to mention that if Rena was to use her ability, she becomes a 9B human after 5 minutes.

Flight isn't much of a problem for Rena Rogue since she've deals with some characters who can did that. Both isn't much of a fighters since they relies their abilities alot but i would say Rena is a better thinker than Royal Pain. Take Sentibubbler ep for example, she manage to outwitted Shadow Moth while keeping her identity a secret all by herself, that shown how good she is at planning. While Royal Pain is a genius in her own field her plans got foiled quite easy and she isn't quite competent at combat.

The time limit are kinda inconsistent because it varies between 5m to 10m but let just say 5 to be safe. Rena would only use her ability once she come up with a plan and given what i've said it is likely to work. Fox Heroine FRA.

Wait what's stopping Royal Pain from using her de-aging beam on her opponent? Because she was able to hit a number of competent superheroes at the climax of the movie so I'm not sure you can dodge that so easily
If you take the intro scene into account, which is technically canon, and the fact Speed's bio is an obvious exaggeration Will's mom dodged the DeviantArt gun twice and she moves at supersonic speed according to Will himself, it's not hard dodging it outside of that PIS / CIS moment. Though I still think Gwen takes the W easily and disagree on the Pacifier not being with her 24/7

ezgif-3-36505a8b7ec6.gif

ezgif-3-269c96b0125c.gif

I still think that Royal Pain takes this tbh, she has a lot more abilities then Rena does such as ice and electricity manipulation and actual has a hax that could pretty much end the fight by de-aging Rena into a baby with the pacifier. As well as being slightly weaker, Rena's own hax don't offer anyways to actually overpower Royal Pain or close the AP gap, at most they could just prevent the latter from reliably hitting her with the pacifier, but once it is used Rena has only got 5 minutes before she reverts back to a 9-B human and gets stomped.

I should also point out that aside from Royal pain technically having more experience fighting actual superpowered beings, Rena Rouge's own strategy for fighting is mostly limited to fighting Akumas (ie outsmarting them in order to steal their akumatized objects and breaking them), except that RP isn't an akuma and so that strategy would likely not work. I say this because assuming SBA is being used, Rena would likely assume at first that RP is an akuma and so would act accordingly, and would not know otherwise because she doesn't know about RP. Also Royal Pain sounds like a name that Hawkmoth would come up with.

So yeah I think RP has got this. Both of them are equal in reactionary speeds, but RP has got the better hax, more abilities, better AP/Durability, more mobility and likely more experience than the latter. Consider this my vote.

Last edited:
Fire, Electricity, Age manipulation can be dodge and considering how Rena Rogue fight most of the time she won't be engage in close combat if she know her opponent are dangerous. If you ever watched Season 3, you would noticed that Miraculous users can uses their power for extended time of 10 minutes (Sentibubbler episode for example)

I have rewatched some of the scenes in Sky High and there's little information about Royal Pain, sure she did fought other heroes but we can't how she did generally. In fact, the fight against Will basically shown that she's completely lack of experience in combat and mostly stay behind as the mastermind. In pratical example, she required help from other students and entire set of plan in order to de-age the heroes, this is a good feat for her but Rena Rogue are better at quick thinking and H2H combat. Each fights against akumatized villains was her outsmarting enemies with one-shotting abilities or have advantage over her. If anything, i would say Rena is the one with more experience than Royal Pain.

Would you like to take another look? @Jamesthetaker has argued your points
Did I stutter?

...Ok dialling down the annoyance here, but to reiterate, its not that Rena isn't a capable fighter or a hero, its just that Royal Pain has many factors here that could result a win victory for her while Rena herself doesn't have much that could nab her a win:

1. Royal Pain has flight, which already gives her a lot of aerial mobility that Rena lacks, and she has a lot of weaponry that gives her a range advantage over Rena Rouge, who is primarily a melee fighter. Even with Rena Rouge being a skilled hand to hand fighter, its unlikely that she could get in close enough when RP can just fly away and use weapons such as the Freeze Ray or Pacifier to keep Rena at a distance.
  2. Royal Pain is technically smarter than Rena, and is not dumb, so even if they do go melee at first, it wont take long for RP to realize that Rena would have the advantage, and would adjust accordingly to use her flight and ranged weaponry. That's not to say Rena isn't smart, but Rena herself doesn't have the means to close the distance by herself once RP takes to the air and uses her weapons (not counting her power, which ill get into). Some people might point out that RP was caught off guard by Will's new power so she isnt that quick of a thinker, but that's because she already assumed that his only real power was strength (Will himself was surprised by this as well, he just recovered from the surprise faster)
  3. In terms of Hax, Royal Pain also takes the win in this as well. She has weapons such as freeze gun that could immobilize Rena with Ice manipulation (I said fire manipulation last time, which was wrong and something RP lacks, sorry) and the pacifier which is a instant win-condition.
  4. Meanwhile Rena's own illusion hax, while allowing her to possibly distract RP, are by no means an instant win with their use, being easy to dissipate with a touch, and using said power puts her on a 5 minute timer, after which she goes back to being a 9B human.
  5. Even if we were to assume that Royal Pain didn't use her flight, and that Rena Rouge was able to use her power get in close, both RP and Rena have FTL reactions, so its not like Rena can speed blitz her. Also RP is slighty stronger/durable than her, but even assuming the difference is negligible to the point where you could say both are equal, that still means neither can stat stomp the other, so Rena can't just one shot her with a sneak attack, which in itself is not something in character for her to do, as she's would likely be the type to go for RP's weakness.
  6. Yeah speaking of which RP doesn't have a weakness which Rena Rouge could exploit beyond her lack of combat skills, while RP can easily mitigate Rena's own strengths with her own abilities
  7. Another thing I just remembered but should note, is that Royal Pain also has technology manipulation, meaning that she could likely use her powers to disrupt Rena's tool, which is considered technology as Ladybug/Chat's tools can act like phones. Hell, depending on how you look at it, RP could just use her technopathy to disrupt Rena's ability to use her Illusion power, as it requires her tool to use.
  8. Also last but not least, its important to note that Rena isn't Ladybug. Her actual experience in heroics is likely far more limited than Ladybug's own even if we assume that Rena has been called upon outside of episodes (again, it would have been likely be for emergencies only, at least in seasons 2-3, and we cant gauge how much experience Rena got in season 4), and the utilisation of her power is more or less done under one of Ladybug's plans, and thus Rena herself is not entirely skilled at using her power. Rena Rouge is also not the type to use the environment to her advantage unlike Ladybug, and Rena's own tool cannot be used to immobilize her target.
TLDR Since neither opponent can stat stomp, the battle will likely depend on both characters abilities and skills. Royal Pain's abilities can mitigate what few strengths Rena has, such as her skill in melee, and RP has more reliable Hax, with one of them likely being an instant win condition and another being something that could restrict Rena's own hax.

Also, to discuss James rebuttal of my verdict, Royal Pain only needed the help of other villains to turn everyone into babies because she needed to ensure that no person could escape the party and that all people at the party would be turned into children, as well as to ensure any stragglers could be dealt with before they could call for help from the other professional heroes. Royal Pain doesn't need the other villains to fight one person, as she could keep up with Will for a time, and only really lost due to being caught of guard by the fact that Will could fly.

Additional note: I know that some people on this forum would likely want to give Rena the win as we gave Ladybug the victory against Will, who in turn could defeat RP, but I feel it is necessary to point out that Will only one because aside from having the flight mobility to keep up with RP (which itself was likely faster than RP's own flight) , he was physically stronger than her and could damage her suit (though RP can still scale to an extent) and RP was also missing a lot of her other gear at the time such as the freeze ray and pacifier, which could have nabbed her the win. Also she was caught off guard by the fact that Will could fly since she assumed strength was his only real power, as right after he flies back up he picks her up and drops her to win the fight (while she's still in disbelief).

While I don't 100% agree with the fact that Ladybug could win against Will (or at least more times than will), I will agree that her skill with her yoyo (in that she can use it tie up will) and her strategy to use her environment to nab her the win, along with her power to create what she needs to defeat her enemies, could give her the win over the overall less experienced will. But Rena isn't Ladybug. She doesn't have Ladybug's powers, she lacks Ladybug's strategic skill, and her tool can't really be use for anything other than direct combat or power usage, so she can't really immobilize people like Ladybug can. And with her full arsenal allowed RP brings more to the table than what Rena can offer, and has more reliable win conditions as well.

Consider this my final verdict and my official final reasoning post, I am officially done replying to posts that tell me I should "reconsider/take another look" or say "oh you're wrong because I said so", as this took me a good hour to write up and another 10 minutes to fix writing mistakes, and im not doing it again. From now on im just gonna link this post whenever I get a response as to why I should have another look or how im somehow wrong.

Last edited:
Ok considering that the last few replies have been mainly thread bumps, can we get some more final verdicts, or can we just shut this thread and call it a day?

Back