• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ren Fuji (Masadaverse) vs Gilgamesh (Nasuverse), (Please read full OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I don't know if this can be done and if it's fair enough (and also because i have another match going on)....but i really had to make this fight.

So one of Dies Irae's main characters Ren Fuji steps up the plate to take down and fight against Fate series King of Heroes Gilgamesh.

Combatants and Tally:

-Ren Fuji: 3

-Gilgamesh: 0

-Inconclusive: 1

Battle Details:

-Location is on Earth...an indestructible one but environmental destruction and damage is allowed

-Gilgamesh is as he is from Fate/Stay Night and Zero, and has all of his known equipment to use here (his armor, weapons from the GoB of course, Ea, Enkidu, etc.)

-Ren Fuji is in Base (you guys should know why, of course) and is not allowed to use his Eine Faust Finale.

-Speeds equalized

-Battle is won either via death or incapacitation

Who wins this match and why? Please read through all the info of the combatants profiles, thank you.

NOTE: If the match is by any chance a stomp for either side, please let me know and i'll close this up. Or just close it anyways.

Ren Fuji render by HIT IT
Gilgamesh

Considering Ren has Low-Godly Regenerationn and a ton of hax before his ascension to godhood...yeah, this is a stomp.

Nope. Unless he destroys his soul, it's nearly impossible to kill someone with Low-Godly Regenerationn.

Okay...i'm just gonna wait then. Maybe another 1 or 2 that says this, i might close this or something....

I'm technically supposed to be off for college work... Thanks for making this thread that piques my interest Cross.

Just joking, but to be fair, Gil has tons of weapons that nullify regen. Gae Bolg, Gae Buidhe, and Harpe all nullify Regenerationn to the point that wounds will not heal for as long as it exists. The latter is particularly powerful as it nullifies all healing except for healing that which would naturally occur in nature, meaning that any form of supernatural regen is useless. It also applies the concept of mortality to immortals. Gae Bolg's effect renders natural healing useless. Gae Buidhe's effect nullifies healing by "lowering the opponent's HP", thus making it impossible to heal wounds properly as the world registers it as "already healed". Do the math.

In addition, a fully charged Enuma Elish (if he pulls it out) will probably kill Ren as it is able to apply the "Truth" of the world and kill beings that lack a concept of death (it sounds stupid but it's the Nasuverse).

However, Ren has two distinct advantages in the form of Time Manipulation and Soul Hax. F/SN's Gil has yet to face Time Hax to the best of my knowledge. While he probably has some corresponding treasure for it (since he has a treasure for virtually every major concept in human history), he will only have a marginal level of resistance due to the magic resisting effects of his Armor.

F/SN's Gil can also resist the soul and mind screwing effects of Angra Mainyu, but he rarely faces anyone who can actually affect the soul. As a result, while he'll be able to resist it due to his Magic Resistance, Ren should still be able to affect him.

@Reppuzan: Thanks. I thought your comment was gonna be something about this being a stomp....that would have broken me.

But wait given that i gave Gil everything which includes Enkidu, couldn't he just restrain Ren Fuji and spam GoB attacks on him at least, including ones that may possibly even hinder his regen as you said?

Enkidu's effects are proportional to the divinity of the target. While Ren should have some divinity as a Hadou God candidate, I'm not sure if he has enough divine blood to make it noticeable.

To those with low Divinity, it's a pretty tough and annoying chain, but nothing insurmountable. Against those who are half-god, it's virtually unbreakable unless you're someone like Heracles. At that point, it also binds space itself to prevent teleportation while completely immobilizing them and squeezing with enough force to tear off Heracles' head.

Ah. But still he could use it in conjunction with spamming attacks from the GoB, no? Cause they rank from 7-B to 7-A, so that's a lot that's going to f up Ren, especially weapons that can pin him down and ones that can, in some possible way, negate his regen yeah?

And i did say that victory can be won either by Death OR Incapacitation tho?

That he could, but since Enkidu is his favorite Noble Phantasm next to Ea, it's highly unlikely for him to use it unless he recognizes his opponent as a threat.

Yeah, Gate of Spamilon (kudos to Kamiyasha for this one) can and will screw up Ren. He'll start bleeding out once Harpe, Gae Buidhe, and Gae Bolg enter the fray.

That said, there's also the matter of whether or not Gil will get serious fast enough given his incredible ego and Ren's status as a "peasant" by comparison. In addition, Ren's Time Manipulation will prove invaluable when it comes to circumventing Gil's attacks and defenses.

What if he decided to do that because of Ren's regen? Assuming it can work just fine even after taking an abuse from the Gates of Spamilon (funny take but given what i saw of him on YT videos of him using, it's not surprising you would call it that way), he could finally take out Ea and maybe wreck him even more. And Ea is ranked as at least High 7-A (which is even higher than the GoB and beyond Ren's normal dura by quite a bit).

Granted his regen may still keep him alive, but i feel that he may just end up tired and wrecked from it afterwards.

But Ren's Briah would allow him to Final Fantasy style with it's time power (they both do slow down and fast foward time on people, yeah?) so....i guess that's one counter.

Not only that, but there wasn't anyone else i could choose to have here that Gil could easily wreck someone on with. Either Ren, Rot, Beatrice, or Wilhelm would have to do. :/

If Ren proves irritating for Gil, then yeah, he probably would pull out Enkidu in order to start making quick work of Ren. However, uncharged Enuma Elish doesn't have the aspect of applying the "Truth", as Saber and Archer were able to survive after nullifying a chunk of its power with their respective Noble Phantasms.

The thing about Gae Buidhe is that the wounds it inflicts won't heal at all since the world recognizes them as already healed. It's like trying to heal a fully-healed character in a video game, fruitless. Low-Godly Regen might keep Ren alive (since it's supposed to work for as long as your consciousness exists), but he won't be coming back any time soon, that's for sure.

The thing about Ren's Briah is that he still needs to take the time to chant it. To the best of my knowledge, Ren doesn't get a failsafe like Schrieber's that stops foes from reaching him while he's chanting it, meaning that Gil can continue to spam at him as he chants it. In addition, Gil is extremely sensitive to magecraft and can measure the threat of a spell with a glance, so once he starts feeling the power behind the Briah he's going to start getting more serious.

Rot would get slaughtered without a fight.

Got it, got it. Yeah i read the Fullpower part but i think that even then, it should greatly put down Ren at the least even w/o it....but it would have helped tho, i think...

Aye, true. Add in the other anti'regen-ish weapons Gil is known to have and it's not a pretty sight for Ren, would it?

Oooooo.......yeah.

I take back on the Rot part. ^^; But Beatrice or Wilhelm tho.....shit on the Wilhelm tho.

Overall tho, what's your pick on this assuming this isn't a stomp in either way?

Assuming that this isn't a stomp, this can go in two directions.

One, Gil gets serious enough to go for the kill and put down Ren with anti-regen weapons and Enkidu once he realizes that his usual spam isn't working.

Two, Ren manages to hold out long enough to get his chant. From there he shouldn't have much trouble dodging Gil's attacks before soul haxxing Gil.

However, considering the fact that serious Gil has Sha Nagba Imuru, an ability that amounts to "seeing all possibilities and knowing the correct course of action", Ren's advantage is somewhat mitigated.

i will give input well ren has a big adventage though Gil has anti-regen but i think a serious Ren would start his chant when he knows he isn't regenerating too and chants distort space so you can't reach them until it's over by then Gill will be unable to keep up and Ren can kill him so i think Ren has a better chance to win imho

@Redgrave

All chants work like that? I always thought it was a Schrieber exclusive.

So yeah, either Ren starts chanting or Gil skewers him to the point that he can't chant.

Maybe that's what the reality warping part on their pages is for?

But alright. That's 1 for Ren, 1 for Inconclusive then.

Reppuzan said:
@Redgrave
All chants work like that? I always thought it was a Schrieber exclusive.

So yeah, either Ren starts chanting or Gil skewers him to the point that he can't chant.
I am pretty sure all chants are like that if not then why didn't anyone stopped each other with that and cross is right i think it's the reality waping part of the page as it distorts the space around them to complete it

@Redgrave: That does seem to be the case if what you said now is true, since otherwise anyone of them would have stopped anyone from using their Briah or even law if anything....if you can stop a Hadou/Gudou God's Law from activating, yeah?

Speaking of that, that would have been quite the good thing to have for characters that have to do incantations, eh?

yeah so it's not PIS to wait like charging a Kamehameha for 5 minutes lol another example is Elenore vs Beatrice Elenore claimed when she draws her sword (her briah) she wins. Elenore didn't interfere with Beatrice's briah (u could argue because Beatrice is far weaker than Elenore) but when Elenore started Beatrice didn't do anything because she knew once she started she's done for

Aye alright.

Back to here again. Like i said, and i'll assume this isn't some hax stomp or whatever, it looks like Ren has one vote for him here, Gil has none, and there's one for Inconclusive.

Anyone else?

I am pretty sure all chants are like that if not then why didn't anyone stopped each other with that and cross is right i think it's the reality waping part of the page as it distorts the space around them to complete it

Because chants are shit fast, dude. Hell, Kasumi (goddamn Kasumi) can keep conversations with souls that last fractions of a second. No one stops chanting in Dies irae because it's not so simple, they are fast as heck. Schreiber's time axis distortion is a unique ability of his.

oh so it's actually fast DAMN XD so either way Gil can't really stop it i guess sorry for wrong info....

Hmmm...but wouldn't that depend on WHEN Ren uses it tho? Then again considering whose he's fighting against, i guess he would likely use it sooner rather than not and do it later when it becomes too late if anything...

(Sigh) And swear to god if this truly becomes a stomp.....

If Ren truly activates Ouverture, he's going to blitz the everloving shit out of Gil and instantly go for his head, which would result in his loss (doubt he can actually stand Marie's embrace, plus going for the head is a Servant weakness, on top of that).

@Trex: Well i did only equalized their base speeds. Here if Ren Fuji were to activate it at anytime, his Briah ability will be able to do it's work fine.....which leads to a possible blitz stomp.....oh boy...

Just when i thought i had hope here.... -_-;

^Been trying to find a good match up for the others, that's why.

But given Trex's recent comment of how fast the chants really are, Ren could win and time hax blitz this if he activates it at anytime so....

I personally vote for Ren, but i dont think that this is a total stomp in Ren's favor. If you're so unsure about it, i guess you could make a different round or make the starting distance a bit far to make things more fair

Well....i was thinking more of a just one round thing here. That and if i did it any different, it would be something like "Ren is unable to use his Briah. Gil is strictly limited to his GoB". But here, i wanted them to go have their things (except for Ren's EFF since he'd stomp Gil even w/o using his Briah) so....

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well....i was thinking more of a just one round thing here. That and if i did it any different, it would be something like "Ren is unable to use his Briah. Gil is strictly limited to his GoB". But here, i wanted them to go have their things (except for Ren's EFF since he'd stomp Gil even w/o using his Briah) so....
Pretty sure Eine Faust Finale is Ren going berserk and constantly being in Briah.

Trexalfa29 said:
Because chants are shit fast, dude. Hell, Kasumi (goddamn Kasumi) can keep conversations with souls that last fractions of a second. No one stops chanting in Dies irae because it's not so simple, they are fast as heck. Schreiber's time axis distortion is a unique ability of his.
can you prove that chants are fast. you say that kasumi can keep conversations that last fractions of a second but I find that difficult to believe. I can understand if chants can last as short as a couple of seconds since they are skilled in chants but I find it unlikely that one can have a full conversation that last only in fractions of a second.

My vote goes to Ren even if Gil uses his Enuma Elish at full power and speed equalized in that mode. Reason being is that Ren can simply use Apotosis to reduce any of his noble phatasms to human level.

It says he can only use Shirou's powers once he becomes a Hadou God, and this is base Ren.

^This. Shirou can't use the power of his Legion unless he was in his Hadou God form, which would make this an absolute stomp due to his Tier there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back